Gear Progression in Lost Ark is divided into exact item level thresholds. Characters have to reach these thresholds to become eligible for advancement to further continents and item tiers. This article showcases the path of progression through each item level threshold.
Item Level 250 (North Vern)
- This point is reached by following the Main Story quest line up to North Vern, where you unlock Chaos Dungeons and Guardian Raids.
Item Level 302 (North Vern)
- Complete Chaos Dungeons "North Vern Echo Level 1" and obtain a full Item Level 302 Crossing Paths gear set.
- Unlock access to Abyssal Dungeons and the Shushire continent by completing the North Vern Main Story quest line.
- Optional: Complete the Shushire Main Story quest line to obtain a Wish Equipment Chest containing a free Item Level 302 Crossing Paths gear set.
Item Level 340 (North Vern)
- Upgrade your Crossing Paths gear set to +2 average.
- Complete Abyssal Dungeons: Demon Beast Canyon and Necromancer's Origin.
- Transfer into the Abyssal Dungeon epic set.
Item Level 460 (Rohendel)
- Upgrade your gear set to +8 average.
- Finish the quest [Guide] Guides: Rohendel to unlock the Western Sea and the Rohendel continent.
- Sail to Rohendel and finish the Main Story quest line to gain access to Chaos Dungeons and Abyssal Dungeons.
- Complete Abyssal Dungeons: Hall of the Twisted Warlord and Hildebrandt Palace
- Transfer into the Abyssal Dungeon legendary set.
Item Level 600 (Rohendel)
- Upgrade your gear set to +15 average.
- Finish the quest [Guide] Onwards to Yorn to unlock the Yorn Continent.
- Sail to Yorn and finish the Main Story quest line to gain access to Chaos Dungeons and Abyssal Dungeons.
- Transition into Tier 2.
Follow the Tier 2 progression by selecting it from the dropdown menu above.
Item Level 1370 - 1415 Efficient Upgrading Path
Various paths can be utilized to reach item level 1415, but not all of them are equal in material consumption and power gain. Outlined here are 3 ways to reach this goal and the cost in doing so based on average honing chance with no additional materials used.
Note that while reaching Legion Raid: Valtan[Normal] more quickly with a cheaper method is acceptable, further content will require all pieces to be honed equally.
The cheapest way to reach item level 1400 is:
- Weapon +10, Gloves +16, Shoulders +11, Helm +11, Chest +11, Pants +11
A comparison between different paths one can take to reach item level 1415:
- Weapon +15, Gloves +15, Shoulders +15, Helm +15, Chest +15, Pants +15
- Weapon +11, Gloves +17, Shoulders +17, Helm +17, Chest +8, Pants +8 ㅤ
- Weapon +11, Gloves +17, Shoulders +17, Helm +13, Chest +12, Pants +12 (Cheapest)
Note: Using aditional upgrade materials suggested by our Upgrade Calculator based on auction house pricing can reduce this cost further.
Tips & Tricks
- Always complete the highest accessible Chaos Dungeons and Guardian Raids to not fall behind in progression.
- To transition into higher tier content, all your gear has to have an average upgrade of +15. This process can be made cheaper in Tier 1 and 2 by keeping your weapon at lower levels (+13 or 14), while upgrading your armor pieces to +16 to offset the difference.
- If your progression is exceedingly quick, save Silver by not transferring your gear into epic or legendary sets and stay with your Chaos Dungeon set until you can proceed to the next tier.
- Reach the required item thresholds to unlock new tiers.
- Upgrade efficiently to item levels 1400 and 1415 to save Gold and resources.
- Unlock new continents and their features by finishing theirGuide Quests and Main Story.
- Transfer into powerful Abyssal Dungeon and Abyss Raid sets for more damage and survivability.
- Complete the highest level Chaos Dungeons and Guardian Raids each day.
Written by Choilicious
Reviewed by Lexyu
Article updated for Legion Raid: Valtan Added 1370-1415 Efficient Upgrading Path
Article updated for Abyssal Raid: Argos