Reflux Sorceress gameplay doesn’t change significantly over time, with the only main difference being her cooldowns decrease as you improve your gear. Her damage does not peak nearly as high as the Igniter Sorceress, but she instead excels at comfort and consistency over burst.
High Mobility ✔
No Positionals ✔
Ranged Counter ✔
High Uptime On Damage ✔
❌ Lack of Burst
❌ Lack of Mitigation
❌ Low Push Immunity
Raid Skill Build
Crit Build Variants
Swiftness Build Variants
Note that more variations are possible, which purely depend on your preferences, otherwise stick to the base build.
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
- Always try to maintain your synergy buff on the boss with Blaze whenever it’s available. The lingering burn on the ground allows the debuff to last 10-11 seconds before it needs to be reapplied.
- Instant-cast Reflux Sorceress is a constant damage based build, and so you can just keep pumping out your attacks as they are available.
- On the other hand, casting Reflux Sorceress is a semi-burst class. You don’t have to wait for your identity gauge, but ideally, you’re patient for openings and your support’s synergy before you cast your major skills in that variant.
Reflux Sorceress stat priorities are Critical and Swiftness. Because this build uses a lot of critical damage tripods, it’s very important to be as consistent with critical hits as possible. Lower Swiftness can easily be made up for by having your identity Blink on-hand for emergency situations. Swiftness stacking can also work if you choose to proceed with the alternative build.
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that can significantly change playstyle. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
The following Engravings have the highest priority for this class. Try to get these Engravings to Level 3 as soon as possible.
- Precise Dagger passively increases your critical hit chance. Reflux relies heavily on critical hits in order to do its maximum damage due to critical damage tripods found on a lot of the selected skills. The penalty on the engraving is -12% critical damage, but this is mitigated by the high amounts found on tripods. If you are not using the Final Strike tripods on your skills, then Precision Dagger is not used at all.
- Reflux is the main class engraving. It has no downsides, increases damage output while reducing cooldowns. It locks out Arcane Rupture and Magic Amplification, but those identity skills are not very useful without Specialization anyways. It's possible to play this build without the Reflux engraving, you'll just be missing out on some cooldown reduction.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Hit Master is a great engraving that boosts your overall damage. It has the same benefits as Cursed Doll with no drawbacks.
- Adrenaline is a good all purpose engraving. Increases your damage and crit chance with no drawbacks. It’s more efficient for damage than Precise Dagger in this build, but is harder to maintain and much more punishing if you’re unable to sustain it.
- All-Out Attack is a necessary engraving if you intend to play the casting variant of this build. As that version of the build has three long casting skills in it, it’s very important to reduce their channel time so that they don’t miss.
Note: The Advanced Engravings are the Best in Slot setup for Tier 3 content. The penalties attached to these can be hard to overcome for new players. Only use the following engravings if you are experienced with the boss fights!
- Grudge* is the highest efficiency damage engraving vs. bosses. If you’re uncomfortable with the 20% increased damage penalty it carries, switch it with one of the additional choices below. Avoid using this at level 1; it's usable starting from level 2.
- Cursed Doll* is often the last choice engraving. It increases your damage, but reduces the amount of healing you receive.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
Instant-Cast Build (No Final Strike)
Raid Captain can also be used over Cursed Doll.
Keen Blunt Weapon can also be used over Cursed Doll.
Instant-Cast Build (Final Strike)
Raid Captain can also be used over Cursed Doll.
Casting Build (No Final Strike)
Casting Build (Final Strike)
Cursed Doll can be used over Precise Dagger depending on your Crit. Both work.
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
"Play at your own pace" Route
Tier 1 - T3 Argos
Tier 3 Legion Raids
Speedrun or Alts Route
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
Gear Skill Tree and Tripods
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of tripods themselves. Tripod levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Reflux has two builds or play styles to choose from. Instant-cast and casting. Casting does more damage while instant-cast is more fluid and fast paced.
- Generally Reflux Sorceress don't have any timings involved. You can cast skills as they come up. Just make sure to align your big skills with the buff from Bards and Paladins though.
- Blink is good mobility from your identity. Use it to reposition or dodge enemy telegraphs. Since this build has no Specialization, the rate in which you build your identity gauge is notably slower, so you should still be mindful of preserving at least one teleport in case of emergencies.
- This build is very mana hungry. If you’re struggling with upkeeping mana, supports provide mana regeneration, there is mana regeneration food, the Focus rune can mitigate some mana costs, and the Conviction rune combination can also be effective. After you've obtained the Nightmare Flower set in T3, there should no longer be mana issues.
Written by Saintone
Incorporated by Starlast
Reviewed by Raxxanterax
Updated Gear Set section to include Valtan sets
Updated Gear Set section to include Argos sets and added "Optimal Setups" in Engraving section.