The Gem System improves the Damage and Cooldown of skills. They are found from various daily and weekly activities in Lost Ark. Choose which skills you want to augment wisely to optimize your character. Lets get started!
Gems only become available starting from Tier 2 content and onwards. To benefit from a gem, you first have to obtain them, right? This can be done in various ways, such as:
- Daily Chaos Dungeons (Aura of Resonance required).
- Participating in Hosted PvP Island Events from an S rank Guild.
- Buying on the Auction House.
- Defeating Field Bosses, a part of Daily Events.
- Completing stages in Boss Rush.
- Selecting any of the level 2 to 9 buttons automatically synthesizes all gems in your inventory to create the highest possible outcome up to that point.
- The Auto button creates a filter that automatically combines any obtained gem lower than your preferred level. This feature is useful when you have already established a gem setup and don't want your inventory to fill up when doing Chaos Dungeons.
Gem Reroll and Cost
This feature can be accessed by visiting the Gemologist NPC found in any major city ( icon on the map), or through your pet's special interface (Alt+P).
On the left, you may select any gem you own from your inventory, warehouse, or currently equipped to reroll the skill it grants. This process costs Silver and gets exponentially more expensive with higher gem levels. When changing the skill, you have an equal chance to obtain any of your class skills in return. Repeat this until you get the skill you want.
Equipping a Gem
Equip Gems by right-clicking them from your inventory or dragging them into the Gem Tab, found in your Character Info sheet. You have access to 11 open slots to freely divide between your Damage Increase and Cooldown Reduction gems. Each skill is limited to one damage and one cooldown gem.
Gem Leveling Strategy
- Transformation classes should prioritize going for a high level Damage and Cooldown gem as soon as possible (level 7 and higher). They only require one of each type of Gem to be effective, as they can affect all skills in a transformation state.
- Non-transformation damage classes and supports should establish their gem setup at level 5 and slowly work towards upgrading to level 7 and higher over time.
When Tier 2 gems get used in Tier 3 content, their effectiveness is reduced by 50%. This can be resolved by replacing them with Tier 3 gems. However, a high level Tier 2 gem can be better than an early Tier 3 gem, even with their effectiveness reduced. Swap them out when their damage gets surpassed by Tier 3 counterparts!
- There are two types of gems: Damage Increase and Cooldown Reduction.
- You can equip up to 11 different gems to your character.
- Three gems of the same level can be synthesized for one gem of a higher level with 100% chance of success.
- Gem reroll cost is fixed depending on the level of your gem. It is more cost effective to sell unusable skill gems on the Auction House and purchase the exact one you need in return.
- Tier 2 gems used in Tier 3 content have their effectiveness reduced by 50%.
- Maximum gem level is 10!
Written by Choilicious
Reviewed by Lexyu