Drizzle Aeromancer is a Specialization build that focuses on maximizing Sun Shower uptime and Weather Skills damage.
They also provide a permanent 10% Crit Rate increase to the party with Weakness Exposure and reducing enemies damage output by 10% if they are being hit by Sun Shower which has a massive radius of coverage.
This build is a more Burst focused compared to its counterpart Windfury, but you can still swap a few skills based on your preference for even more burst with Umbrella Skills.
Since this is a Specialization stats focused build, it can be a little sluggish when trying to maneuver around. Luckily, the build itself has a nice mobility skill and during Sun Shower, your Spacebar can be used twice in succession. It can be a bit clunky at first, so be aware to quickly tap spacebar the 2nd time to get back in position if the 1st part accidentally over extends your desired dodge distance.
If calling upon the power of nature onto your enemies interest you then may Drizzle Aeromancers light a path in your way.
Check out the Windfury Aeromancer for an alternative Aeromancer playstyle.
This build guide assumes you have a Character at Level 50 before transitioning to it. Check out the Aeromancer Leveling and 1-50 Leveling guides to reach Level 50.
Raid Skill Build
- Awakening choices:
Narr's Blade is generally used by Drizzle Aeromancers, since they are stacking Specialization and this awakening does a lot of damage compared to the latter but with quite a significant animation lock, it can generate Raindrop gauge but not the latter. While Storm's Approach damage is still good but it's not as much as Narr's Blade. It's very convenient to use since you are not stuck in animation. It also reduced Crit Resistances from enemies.
- Lets start with your team synergy skills, which are Spread and Tornado. With Weakness Exposure it provides a 10% permanent uptime Crit Rate increase for you and your party members on the debuffed target. If you want a little more comfortability like movement speed increase, you can opt for reducing Tornado to Level 7 and upgrade Spread to Level 7 to get Quick Pace.Spread is your Counter skill as well.
- As for your Raindrop meter generators, you have Rainstorm, your highest meter generator for the class. This skilled paired with Wealth generates a ton of meter (if it doesn't miss any hits). Whirlpool is the second highest gauge generator even without using Wealth. Strong Wind is usually used as a backup generator skill.
- Your 2 main burst skills are Scorching Sun and Wiping Wind. Wiping Wind is 1 of your highest Stagger Check skills when paired with Overwhelm, so keep that in mind when you need a burst of stagger on certain boss mechanics.
- Lastly your filler skills, this is related to the skills builds that players will be mentioning around with 6/2 , 5/3 , 4/4s which represent numbers of Weather Skills and Umbrella Skills from their builds.(e.g. 6/2 means 6 Weathers and 2 Umbrellas.)
- Fly can be used as an extra mobility skill while also doing some damage with a short cooldown after maxing out Quick Prep.
- Piercing Wind can deal a significant amount of damage while providing Level 2 Destruction Check. Since it's an Umbrella Skill you can cast it outside of Sun Shower as well. But the caveat of its damage is that it's based on having a good Crit Rate due to Lightning, which scales off Crit Damage.
- Wind Gimlet provides more consistency in damage compared to Piercing Wind but with less utility
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
Drizzle Aeromancers want to have Sun Shower up as much as possible as all your Weather Skills damage is boosted while it's up. It also makes the target deal 10% less damage.
Raindrop Gauge Rotation
Tornado > Rainstorm > Whirlpool > Sun Shower
(*) If Rainstorm > Whirlpool misses a few hits, you can use Strong Wind to fill up the rest of Raindrop gauge to activate Sun Shower.
Strong Wind > Scorching Sun > Wiping Wind
as soon as you've activated Sun Shower, you can use the skills above twice inside Sun Shower duration. You can also cast any filler skills after that isn't on cooldown, just be sure not to cast the Raindrop gauge generators skills when Raindrop gauge is ending, so that you are able to get Sun Shower backup as soon as possible.
If you are using 5/3 and 4/4 builds, Umbrella Skills can be casted anytime as long as you boost it with Current Occurrence from Spread, Since Umbrella Skills do not get its damage increased by Drizzle effect.
Even though there are the 5/3 and 4/4 variant of the builds which uses Umbrella Skills, Drizzle still focuses on high Specialization to maximize her Weather Skills damage when bursting during Sun Shower uptime.
Standard Setup : Full Specialization from all your accessories while having Crit only on Necklace to maximize damage increase for your Weather Skills and Raindrop Meter gain rate.
Bracelets provide beneficial effects to yourself or to your party members depending on the rolls.
Note: Bracelets should not be your top priority to optimize since it'll be much more efficient to optimize your other gear first. Bracelets are costly! So slowly build towards a Main Stat and a Sub Stat. Anything else is extra!
Check out the Bracelet Guide for more details.
Possible Special Effects to Roll:
Combat Stats(Specialization + Crit)
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that can significantly change playstyle. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Drizzle is the main core engraving of the build as it boost your Weather Skills damage while also increases the duration you can have Sun Shower up, allowing you to cast your big damage rotation twice before it ends.
- Hit Master is a solid choice engraving for Aeromancer as all of her skills does not require to be cast at specific position while facing the boss for extra damage.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Keen Blunt Weapon* is a good damage engraving if you have more than 60% Crit Rate.
- Adrenaline is great for supplementing your low Crit Rate while also providing some damage increase but it can be a hassle to maintain it up with moderately long cooldown skills.
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase without needing specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Cursed Doll* is an easy Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
- Precise Dagger* can also be use as an alternative to Adrenaline as it removes the needs to maintain the stacks to keep your Crit Rate high but with a slight damage loss penalty.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
Pre-Ancient Accessories setup
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
Early Tier 3
1340 -1414 gearscore
Erupting Waves Set
Piercing Gaze Set
Craft any combination of the legendary gear sets listed above and try to push to 1415 as soon as possible.
Tier 3 Legion Raid Set
The name of your set will change with every higher tier gearset you acquire, but the set effect will remain the same. Look for the keyword of your set when recrafting it so you don't easily get lost.(e.g Entropy, Hallucination etc)
Recommended Sidereal Unity Effects for your Dreamy Fluttering Flower Petals are Thirain and Balthorr.
Check out the Sidereal Weapon Guide for more details.
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
- Wealth is important on Rainstorm as this skill alone generates more than 70% of your gauge and having it on Strong Wind helps compensate if you miss half of the hits from Rainstorm.
- Galewind is ideal for speeding up your best damage dealing skills.
- Overwhelm is used to further improve the Stagger you apply.
- Focus reduces the mana cost of skills.
- Bleed is usually just a filler rune when you have nothing else better to be slot into the skills it can at least contribute 1-2% of your overall damage.
- This is a preference setup, The Conviction and Judgment combo, can be used to help with mana management and even reduces your skills cooldown when cast during Judgment buff. This combo is usually paired with Tornado and Whirlpool as you start the gauge generating rotation with them which immediately goes into your main damage rotation. You don't have to use this setup for the 4/4 build since it does not have Strong Wind as a back-up generator if you miss a few hits of Whirlpool or Rainstorm, but if you're confident with your skill accuracy, give it a try.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
For more information on how to add equipment Skill Tree and how to get them, please visit our Skill Tree System Guide.
|Scorching Sun||Quick Prep|
|Wiping Wind||Quick Prep|
|Strong Wind||Quick Prep|
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
(*) Skill Preferences.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set 1
Budget Card Set 2
This card set does not replace Light of Salvation set or Kazero's Legion Commanders set, but it can be use if you're new to the game and has set to get your Light of Salvation/Kazero's Legion Commanders set +18 or +30 yet.
Optimal Damage vs Kayangel Gate2-4 and Sonavel
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Drizzle Aeromancers are Specialization stat builders that focus on high uptime of Sun Shower and Weather Skills damage.
- Their party synergies are Weakness Exposure and 10% reduced damage output on targets hit by Sun Shower.
- Wiping Wind is your highest Stagger Check skill if you need to help with certain boss mechanics.
- Be sure that you hit Rainstorm > Whirlpool consistently, so you don't have to sacrifice Strong Wind to generate the remaining gauge instead of using it for damage.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Starlast