Check out the Rage Hammer Destroyer Build Guide for an alternative Destroyer playstyle.
Raid Skill Build
- Endure Pain is used for setting up your main burst skills, Perfect Swing and Hypergravity. You can also you this as your defensive button to tank through attacks. This is important as Destroyer lacks mobility, however, he makes up for this with the ability to tank through attacks. This also acts as your taunt skill, so be careful of accidentally taunting the target toward your raid members. This skill will not save you from wipe mechanics!
- Earth Eater is your main Stagger Check skill as it can deal a massive amount of stagger damage alone.
- Earth Eater and Earth Wave are skills that you can put Gravity Charge on to help generate enough Gravity Meter in 1 rotation. The Specialization Stats breakpoints to adjust the skill tree between them will be shown below in the Gear Skill Tree section.
- Full Swing can be swapped for Earth Wave. Your preference since both of them serve the same purpose of being a fast casting skill that does decent Stagger Check and provides the same amount of Gravity Meter
- Earth Eater can also be replaced with either Full Swing or Earth Wave for quick animation Gravity Gauge generators but you sacrifice a massive Stagger Check skill that also allows you to Push immunity Superarmor.
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
Destroyer gameplay revolves around generating 3 Cores with Concentration skills to enhance Gravity Release skills. Gravity Release skills deal the most damage when consuming 3 Cores. When using your spenders, you have to be extremely cautious with positioning and knowledgeable of boss mechanics. Since using your spenders will give you a massive shield, you'll need to be able to judge whether you can tank damage.
The Basic Rotation:
- Jumping Smash or Power Strike
- Heavy Crush
- Perfect Swing
- Dreadnaught or Power Shoulder
- Heavy Crush
- Earth Wave or Full Swing
- Repeat step 1 and 2.
- Earth Eater or Full Swing
- Repeat step 4 and 5.
- Seismic Hammer
- Repeat back to step 1.
Reminder that if you need to cancel any skills recovery animations, you can do it with Spacebar.
Example: After using Seismic Hammer, cancels the recovery animation as soon as you touch the ground with Spacebar then Endure Pain to regain 3 Cores and continue with Perfect Swing or instantly enter Hypergravity if you have not used it yet for quick burst rotation.
Hypergravity needs 3 basic attacks to ramp up to its maximum speed, so make sure you are positioned well to not need to reset the ramp up, you can also tap movement click and basic attack key back-to-back to move slightly forward each attack during the basic attack chain.
Stagger Check Priority:
- Earth Eater
- Earth Wave
- Full Swing
- Seismic Hammer
Note: Destroyer has a lot of skills with Mid-High Stagger Check but you have you judge carefully when to use them. For example, Hypergravity only does decent Stagger Check if you are able to basic attack more than 20 times and used Vortex Gravity but that is the full 10 second duration of Hypergravity, hence it's not worth using Hypergravity to Stagger Check but hold onto it until the boss is staggered then use it to deal massive damage on the boss.
Gravity Training Destroyers focus on Specialization to increase their basic attack damage during Hyper Gravity mode and also help increase the damage of Gravity Release skills.
- Standard Build: All accessories should have Specialization with Crit coming from your necklace.
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that can significantly change play style. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Gravity Training increases Gravity Meter regeneration and increases basic attack damage and Crit Rate during Hypergravity.
- Barricade is an excellent engraving for Destroyer since they gain shields from using Gravity Release skills when consuming Cores.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Master Brawler can be taken since the majority of Destroyer skills have Head Attack modifiers.
- Spirit Absorption increases Attack Speed and Movement Speed by a significant amount at Level 3. This helps you to position and cast quicker.
Note: The Advanced Engravings are the Best in Slot setup for Tier 3 content. The penalties attached to these can be hard to overcome for new players. Only use the following engravings if you are experienced with the boss fight!
- Grudge* increases damage done to bosses while also increasing damage received from bosses. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase that does not require specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Cursed Doll* provides a significant Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
- If speedrunning your alts, you can skip Abyss Dungeon Gear up to 1370 gearscore by just honing Chaos Dungeon Gear.
- If you're close to 1445 gearscore and were already doing Valtan/Vykas Normal Mode, you can skip crafting the Legendary Legion Raid Gears.
- If you have already crafted Relic Gears, hold onto them because once you unlock the Gear Set Conversion feature, you will be able to freely swap between Relic Legion Raid Sets.
"Play at your own pace" Route
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
(*) Optional skill choices.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
(*) Optional skill choices.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information on how to create higher tier Gems.
(*) Optional gem choices.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommended sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Destroyer has high survivability in exchange for slow attack animations and low mobility.
- Concentration Skills generate Cores while Gravity Release skills consume Cores to increase their damage and grant massive personal shield.
- Gravity Training Build focuses on generating Gravity Meter as much as possible. Non-charging skill tree nodes are taken instead. Instead of Crit, high Specialization is prioritized to increase the damage of Hypergravity's basic attacks.
- Even though Endure Pain and Hypergravity's are your God Mode buttons. It can't be used to ignore 1 shot mechanics.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Starlast
Fixed Specialization breakpoint table clarity.
Separated Destroyers raid build guide articles. Updated build reflecting to recent balance changes.