The Reaper arrives fast from the shadows with her agility and precision. The class has three distinct skill sets that allow her to have a plethora of playstyles. Dagger skills focus on skills revolving around her sharp blades. Shadow skills consist of her many clone abilities that come to her aid or for general mobility. Finally, her Swoop skills are her "red" skills, allowing her to impact the map with huge burst damage.
There are two modes for Reaper, Chaos and Persona mode. Chaos mode revolves around her fast and agile form, focusing on a barrage of attacks. On the other hand, Persona mode focuses on landing big Swoop attacks during the duration.
In this article, we will be covering Hunger, a build revolving around her Chaos Mode for quick barrages of hits. If you're interested in a much more aggressive Reaper playstyle, become Chaos itself with this build.
Check out the Lunar Voice Reaper Build Guide for an alternative Reaper playstyle.
Raid Skill Build
- Nightmare is your Counter skill, debuffs and also allows you to teleport to the opposite direction of your current position if you landed the initial dagger toss, the explosion from Back Attack can trigger Counter effect as well, allowing you essentially teleport from the back of boss to the front countering them.
- Shadow Vortex debuffs 12% defense reduction with Poison: Corrosion and it also reduces cooldowns of your Swoop Skills.
- Distortion serves as your mobility skill and it can phase through bosses which allows you to reposition at the back easier.
- Shadow Storm is your gauge generator and also a pretty decent damaging skill as well with the proper Skill Tree node. This skill can phase through certain bosses as well if they are not too big to reposition to the back.
- Rage Spear, Dance of Fury, Glowing Brand and Silent Rage are your main damage skills scale with your Specialization stats.
- Awakening Skill choices:
- Lunar Eclipse: Cadenza is usually used most of the time as it does more damage than the latter awakening and it generates Persona Gauge use which allows you to use Shadow Storm to quickly fill up Chaos Gauge to get into Chaos mode.
- Solar Eclipse: Requiem deals way lesser damage but has a faster animation and it's a dashing damaging skill that doesn't have a lot of usages aside from Brelshaza Gate 3 during shapes phases to single out 3 targets among the clutters easily.
- Basic Skills:
- Distortion can be downgraded to Level 4, if you are stacking high Swiftness to still maintain the Raid Captain synergy, then use the extra skill points to upgrade Shadow Storm for more damage increase.
- Shadow Storm 1st row Skill Tree can be replace with
Charge Shadow, if you have difficulty generating high Chaos Gauge with it if you have low Specialization stats or low grade Wealth rune.
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
You should test out having "Cursor Aim" on or off on Gameplay > Combat Related Settings > Combat Settings for personal preference.
This allows some skills (e.g. Shadow Storm and Glowing Brand) to be easier used at certain angles to phase through bosses. However, if you are used to Cursor Aim assist, you might miss some skills. It's up to you, try it out!
There is not really a fixed rotation for this build as it will be pretty spammy with high Swiftness and high level cooldown gems
so in this case these are the general gameplan and reminders while playing the build:
- If you have no Gauge at all at the beginning of the encounter, use Lunar Eclipse: Cadenza to get a full gauge of Persona Gauge then use Shadow Storm,Nightmare and Shadow Vortex to quickly get into Chaos mode to activate Hunger engraving for damage increase before you start dishing out damage with your Swoop Skills.
- Nightmare and Distortion are your priority skills to use for re-position to the back of bosses as most of your damage comes from back attacking, but they also generate a decent amount of Chaos Gauge if you need to use them to get into Chaos mode quickly.
- Distortion grants movement speed buff to synergize with Raid Captain damage increase before bursting your Swoop Skills.
- Spam Shadow Vortex whenever it's up to reduce the cooldowns of your Swoop Skills and to help maintain Chaos mode duration. Since it is also a really low cooldown skill with Quick Prep, cooldown gem and high Swiftness stats, it is the best candidate to pair it with Quick Recharge for a higher chance to get cooldown refresh procs further enabling the build to be even more spammy.
- Use your Swoop Skills based on situation awareness, so you can get the most out of their utility like using Glowing Brand to reposition to the back of certain bosses while damaging them and Silent Rage doing damage while closing the gap when you're far away.
- Reminder that Dagger and Shadow skills are the only skills that can refresh Chaos mode duration.
Hunger Reapers wants a balance between Specialization and Swiftness stats to maximize damage output as you do not want to activate Persona state since the engraving damage increase is only when you are in Chaos mode which wants you to charge up 2 identity gauge and use your Dagger and Shadow skills to refresh Chaos mode duration.
- Standard Build: Balance out 50/50 between Specialization and Swiftness, Specialization stats help scale your Swoop Skills damage while Swiftness provides attack speed and movement speed increase to cast your skill faster and synergize with Raid Captain, It also provides cooldown reduction so you can get your skills out more frequent.
- High Swiftness Build: Get Swiftness on all accessories and Specialization only from necklace. This stat distribution will sacrifice a decent chunk of burst as you have lower Specialization stats for your Swoop Skills damage scaling but in return, you get more cooldown reduction to spam even more frequently. This setup faces problems when content has lots of forced downtime as it does not allow you to keep up with your sustained damage when compared to a more bursty build.
Bracelets provide beneficial effects to yourself or to your party members depending on the rolls.
Note: Bracelets should not be your top priority to optimize since it'll be much more efficient to optimize your other gear first. Bracelets are costly! So slowly build towards a Main Stat and a Sub Stat. Anything else is extra!
Check out the Bracelet Guide for more details.
Possible Special Effects to Roll:
Combat Stats(Specialization + Crit or Swiftness)
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that can significantly change play style. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Hunger grants a multiplicative Attack Power increase onto
Chaos mode, basically the core of this build.
- Ambush Master synergize really well for reapers as they have really high mobility to stay on the back of targets and all of their skills have Back Attack modifiers.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Adrenaline is an important engraving for this build to help compensate for the low Crit Rate and it is easy to maintain stacks with having low cooldown skills.
- Raid Captain goes really well with this build as you get high movement speed from stacking Swiftness and having movement speed buff from Distortion.
- Grudge* increases damage done to bosses while also increasing damage received from bosses. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase that does not require specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Cursed Doll* provides a significant Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
Ancient Accessories Phase
Relic Accessories Phase
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
Early Tier 3
1340 -1414 gearscore
Erupting Waves Set
Piercing Gaze Set
Craft any combination of the legendary gear sets listed above and try to push to 1415 as soon as possible.
Tier 3 Legion Raid Set
The name of your set will change with every higher tier gearset you acquire, but the set effect will remain the same. Look for the keyword of your set when recrafting it so you don't easily get lost.(e.g Entropy, Hallucination etc)
Recommended Sidereal Unity Effects for your Flowing Shadowforged are Thirain and Balthorr.
Check out the Sidereal Weapon Guide for more details.
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
|Shadow Vortex||Quick Recharge|
|Dance of Fury||Galewind|
- Galewind is ideal for speeding up your highest damage dealing skills.
- Quick Recharge is paired with Shadow Vortex due to its extremely low cooldown, makes it have a higher chance to proc more frequently.
- Overwhelm is used on Silent Rage to help loosen some pressure during Stagger Check mechanics but can be replaced with another higher grade Galewind when it exists in future.
- Rage is paired with Distortion as a filler rune to get some speed boost to help speed up skill casting animations or just movement speed for moving around the encounter but can be replaced with Wealth if you have difficulty filling up Chaos mode fast or Purify to cleanse debuffs or DoTs from bosses.
- Bleed is a good filler rune to use on low cooldown skills.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
|Glowing Brand||Vital Point Hit|
|Rage Spear||Fatal Dagger or Quick Prep|
|Dance of Fury||Nimble Movement or Piercing Strike|
|Silent Rage||Quick Prep|
|Shadow Vortex||Quick Prep|
|Shadow Storm||Fatal Shadow or Piercing Strike|
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Dance of Fury
Dance of Fury
(*) Optional gem choices.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Budget Card Set 2
This card set does not replace Light of Salvation set or Kazero's Legion Commanders set, but it can be use if you're new to the game and has set to get your Light of Salvation/Kazero's Legion Commanders set +18 or +30 yet.
Optional Card Set
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Hunger Reaper is a fast and agile build that is mostly due to having really high Swiftness stacked and movement speed buffs from skills to let her get around encounters hastily but with the trade off survivability if you would to take a couple of hits.
- Hunger Reaper does not use Persona mode instead they keep filling their identity gauge into Chaos Gauge to activate Chaos mode for damage increase, using Green and Purple skills to refresh Chaos mode duration
- The stats priority of this build is to balance out Specialization and Swiftness to get a good balance of damage increase for your Swoop Skills and cooldown reduction from Swiftness, movement speed increase from Swiftness also serves as synergy with Raid Captain.
- Nightmare is an incredible Counter skill as it can also counter the boss while you're behind them as the explosion from Back Attack triggers the counter when you teleport to the front.
- Reapers deal most of their damage at the back of their targets and Distortion is an amazing skill that allows you to phases through bosses to reposition to the back as long as the bosses are not too big. you can also use Nightmare to reposition at the back instantly as well as long as you're standing in front of the boss as the skill teleports to the opposite end of where you are.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Starlast