Check out the Lunar Voice Reaper Build Guide for an alternative Reaper playstyle.
Raid Skill Build
- Awakening Skill choices:
- Lunar Eclipse: Cadenza is usually used most of the time as it does more damage than the latter awakening and it generates Persona Gauge use which allows you to use Shadow Storm to quickly fill up Chaos Gauge to get into Chaos mode.
- Solar Eclipse: Requiem deals way lesser damage but has a faster animation and it's a dashing damaging skill that doesn't have a lot of usages aside from Brelshaza Gate 3 during shapes phases to single out 3 targets among the clutters easily.
- Basic Skills:
- Distortion can be downgraded to Level 4, if you are stacking high Swiftness to still maintain the Raid Captain synergy, then use the extra skill points to upgrade Shadow Storm for more damage increase.
- Shadow Storm 1st row Skill Tree can be replace with
Charge Shadow, if you have difficulty generating high Chaos Gauge with it if you have low Specialization stats or low grade Wealth rune.
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
There is not really a fixed rotation for this build as it will be pretty spammy with high Swiftness and high level cooldown gems
so in this case these are the general gameplan and reminders while playing the build:
- If you have no Gauge at all at the beginning of the encounter, use Lunar Eclipse: Cadenza to get a full gauge of Persona Gauge then use Shadow Storm,Nightmare and Shadow Vortex to quickly get into Chaos mode to activate Hunger engraving for damage increase before you start dishing out damage with your Swoop Skills.
- Nightmare and Distortion are your priority skills to use for re-position to the back of bosses as most of your damage comes from back attacking, but they also generate a decent amount of Chaos Gauge if you need to use them to get into Chaos mode quickly.
- Distortion grants movement speed buff to synergize with Raid Captain damage increase before bursting your Swoop Skills.
- Spam Shadow Vortex whenever it's up to reduce the cooldowns of your Swoop Skills and to help maintain Chaos mode duration. Since it is also a really low cooldown skill with Quick Prep, cooldown gem and high Swiftness stats, it is the best candidate to pair it with Quick Recharge for a higher chance to get cooldown refresh procs further enabling the build to be even more spammy.
- Use your Swoop Skills based on situation awareness, so you can get the most out of their utility like using Glowing Brand to reposition to the back of certain bosses while damaging them and Silent Rage doing damage while closing the gap when you're far away.
- Reminder that Dagger and Shadow skills are the only skills that can refresh Chaos mode duration.
Hunger Reapers wants a balance between Specialization and Swiftness stats to maximize damage output as you do not want to activate Persona state since the engraving damage increase is only when you are in Chaos mode which wants you to charge up 2 identity gauge and use your Dagger and Shadow skills to refresh Chaos mode duration.
- Standard Build: Balance out 50/50 between Specialization and Swiftness, Specialization stats help scale your Swoop Skills damage while Swiftness provides attack speed and movement speed increase to cast your skill faster and synergize with Raid Captain, It also provides cooldown reduction so you can get your skills out more frequent.
- High Swiftness Build: Get Swiftness on all accessories and Specialization only from necklace. This stat distribution will sacrifice a decent chunk of burst as you have lower Specialization stats for your Swoop Skills damage scaling but in return, you get more cooldown reduction to spam even more frequently. This setup faces problems when content has lots of forced downtime as it does not allow you to keep up with your sustained damage when compared to a more bursty build.
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that can significantly change play style. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Hunger grants a multiplicative Attack Power increase onto
Chaos mode, basically the core of this build.
- Ambush Master synergize really well for reapers as they have really high mobility to stay on the back of targets and all of their skills have Back Attack modifiers.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Adrenaline is an important engraving for this build to help compensate for the low Crit Rate and it is easy to maintain stacks with having low cooldown skills.
- Raid Captain goes really well with this build as you get high movement speed from stacking Swiftness and having movement speed buff from Distortion.
Note: The Advanced Engravings are the Best in Slot setup for Tier 3 content. The penalties attached to these can be hard to overcome for new players. Only use the following engravings if you are experienced with the boss fight!
- Grudge* increases damage done to bosses while also increasing damage received from bosses. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase that does not require specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Cursed Doll* provides a significant Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
- If speedrunning your alts, you can skip Abyss Dungeon Gear up to 1370 gearscore by just honing Chaos Dungeon Gear.
- If you're close to 1445 gearscore and were already doing Valtan/Vykas Normal Mode, you can skip crafting the Legendary Legion Raid Gears.
- If you have already crafted Relic Gears, hold onto them because once you unlock the Gear Set Conversion feature, you will be able to freely swap between Relic Legion Raid Sets.
"Play at your own pace" Route
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
(*) Optional gem choices.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Optional Card Set
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Hunger Reaper is a fast and agile build that is mostly due to having really high Swiftness stacked and movement speed buffs from skills to let her get around encounters hastily but with the trade off survivability if you would to take a couple of hits.
- Hunger Reaper does not use Persona mode instead they keep filling their identity gauge into Chaos Gauge to activate Chaos mode for damage increase, using Green and Purple skills to refresh Chaos mode duration
- The stats priority of this build is to balance out Specialization and Swiftness to get a good balance of damage increase for your Swoop Skills and cooldown reduction from Swiftness, movement speed increase from Swiftness also serves as synergy with Raid Captain.
- Nightmare is an incredible Counter skill as it can also counter the boss while you're behind them as the explosion from Back Attack triggers the counter when you teleport to the front.
- Reapers deal most of their damage at the back of their targets and Distortion is an amazing skill that allows you to phases through bosses to reposition to the back as long as the bosses are not too big. you can also use Nightmare to reposition at the back instantly as well as long as you're standing in front of the boss as the skill teleports to the opposite end of where you are.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Starlast
Updated and fixed missing tooltips.