The Reaper arrives fast from the shadows with her agility and precision. The class has three distinct skill sets that allow her to have a plethora of playstyles. Dagger skills focus on skills revolving around her sharp blades. Shadow skills consist of her many clone abilities that come to her aid or for general mobility. Finally, her Swoop skills are her "red" skills, allowing her to impact the map with huge burst damage.
There are two modes for Reaper, Chaos and Persona mode. Chaos mode revolves around her fast and agile form, focusing on a barrage of attacks. On the other hand, Persona mode focuses on landing big Swoop attacks during the duration.
In this article, we will be covering Lunar Voice, a build revolving around her Persona Mode for big hits. If you're interested in big hits out of stealth, look no further than this Reaper build.
Check out the Hunger Reaper Build Guide for an alternative Reaper playstyle.
Raid Skill Build
- Nightmare is your main Counter skill as the initial dagger toss counters as well as the teleport explosion from Back Attack allowing you to essentially counter while at the back of the boss. It also lets you teleport to the opposite direction of your current position if you marked the target with the initial dagger toss which makes the back chasing less annoying. Unfortunately Poison: Corrosion only stacks once with this skill even with 2 sequences of attacks.
- Shadow Vortex debuffs 12% defense reduction with Poison: Corrosion and it also reduces cooldowns of your Swoop Skills.
- Distortion serves as your mobility skill and it can phase through bosses which allows you to reposition at the back easier.
- Shadow Trap is also another Counter skill but it will take a little getting used to using it since it back dashes you on use, but it does generate a decent amount of Persona Gauge and also helps reduce Shadow Skills cooldowns.
- Shadow Storm is mainly used as a Persona Gauge generator in this build since it can generate a massive amount of gauge with high level Charge Shadow.
- Rage Spear, Dance of Fury, and Glowing Brand are your main damage skills scale with your Specialization stats.
- Awakening Skill:
- Lunar Eclipse: Cadenza is used most of the time as it does more damage than the latter awakening and it generates a full bar of Persona Gauge for you to instantly set up the next burst.
- Solar Eclipse: Requiem deals way lesser damage but has a faster animation and it deals damage while dashing towards the target while in stealth, which doesn't have a lot of usage in PvE aside for Brelshaza Gate 3 during shapes phases to single out 3 targets among the clutters easily.
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
You should test out having "Cursor Aim" on or off on Gameplay > Combat Related Settings > Combat Settings for personal preference.
This allows some skills (e.g. Shadow Storm and Glowing Brand) to be easier used at certain angles to phase through bosses. However, if you are used to Cursor Aim assist, you might miss some skills. It's up to you, try it out!
Lunar Voice Reapers are gauge builders-burst DPS similar to Deathblow Strikers, where they have to charge up their Persona Gauge with a couple of gauge generators (Dagger and Shadow Skills) and then activate Persona Mode(Default Keybind: Z) to burst with any of your next Swoop Skills. Though keep in mind that performing any attacks will cancel out of Persona Mode but only Swoop Skills will get the damage increase while in Persona Mode, Shadow Step(Spacebar)won't cancel you out from the mode. Charging into Chaos Gauge does not bring its buffs into Persona Mode hence there is no reason to charge full bars of Chaos Gauge, you can immediately enter Persona Mode as soon as Persona Gauge is filled.
- Using Persona Mode will make you do a backflip which will sometimes be inconvenient positioning-wise. Hence before you activate Persona Mode, you should point your cursor in the opposite direction of the target so you will backflip into the boss maintaining a close position to the boss. *A fair warning that the backflip can phase through some bosses/elites which might put you in a worst position.
- Lunar Eclipse: Cadenza and Shadow Trap move you backward on use as well, hence the tip above can be applied here as well.
- Nightmare can help you reposition to the back of bosses if you are in front of them since it teleports you to the opposite direction of where you're at after you marked them with the initial dagger toss. Prioritize sticking to the back of bosses than only using it for the purpose of rotations.
- Distortion can phases through bosses as long as they're not too big, which helps you to maintain your position at the back of the bosses. Hence use it for positioning priority than only for rotations.
The Basic Rotation:
Extra Note: If you are already at the back of the boss, you can do Nightmare > Distortion > Nightmare to maintain at the back while generating some gauge doing it.
- Shadow Storm
- Shadow Vortex
- Glowing Brand or Rage Spear or Dance of Fury
- Shadow Vortex
- Shadow Trap or Shadow Vortex
- Glowing Brand or Rage Spear or Dance of Fury
Lunar Voice Reapers focus on Specialization to increase their Swoop Skills damage with some Crit from necklace or engraving to help cap 80-100% Crit Rate on those skills. Furthermore, the higher Specialization stats you have the faster you get to cycle out your burst as you get to fill out your Persona Gauge faster to activate Persona Mode.
- Standard: Get Specialization on every accessory with Crit coming from only your necklace.
- Alternative: Get Specialization on every accessory with Swiftness coming from only your necklace. This setup will require Adrenaline to help compensate for the lack of Crit Rate.
Bracelets provide beneficial effects to yourself or to your party members depending on the rolls.
Note: Bracelets should not be your top priority to optimize since it'll be much more efficient to optimize your other gear first. Bracelets are costly! So slowly build towards a Main Stat and a Sub Stat. Anything else is extra!
Check out the Bracelet Guide for more details.
Possible Special Effects to Roll:
Combat Stats(Specialization + Crit)
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that can significantly change play style. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Lunar Voice makes your Persona mode give you an instant buff instead of having to wait 5 seconds for the full effect, hence allowing you to instantly attack right after using Persona mode for a massive damage increase for your Swoop Skills.
- Ambush Master is your best damage engraving as Reapers can easily reposition to back with many of her mobilities and all of her attacks have Back Attack modifiers.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Keen Blunt Weapon* works really well for this build since all the main damage Swoop Skills have high Crit Rate Skill Tree node on them and more Crit Rate from Entropy Set to further increase its efficiency.
- Grudge* increases damage done to bosses while also increasing damage received from bosses. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase that does not require specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Cursed Doll* provides a significant Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
- Adrenaline is an alternative option of Cursed Doll to compensate some Crit Rate if you are using a Swiftness-Specialization necklace. though this setup is rarely used until bracelets as it comes with the inconvenience of checking and maintaining stacks before bursting your skills.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
Early Tier 3
1340 -1414 gearscore
Erupting Waves Set
Piercing Gaze Set
Craft any combination of the legendary gear sets listed above and try to push to 1415 as soon as possible.
Tier 3 Legion Raid Set
The name of your set will change with every higher tier gearset you acquire, but the set effect will remain the same. Look for the keyword of your set when recrafting it so you don't easily get lost.(e.g Entropy, Hallucination etc)
Recommended Sidereal Unity Effects for your Flowing Shadowforged are Thirain and Balthorr.
Check out the Sidereal Weapon Guide for more details.
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
|Dance of Fury||Galewind|
- Galewind is ideal for speeding up your highest damage dealing skills.
- Purify is best used on a low cooldown skill during specific boss encounters that will benefit from cleansing debuffs/dots effects.
- Overwhelm can be pair with Glowing Brand if your party is struggling to clear certain Stagger Checks in contents.
- Wealth runes are the most important runes for this build particularly as you want to generate enough gauge fast to cycle through all your main damage skills as soon as possible. But depending on the amount of Specialization stats you have, you have to make some adjustments to the rune placement on the skills shown on the table.
If you have 1200-1350 Specialization, it is best to use Legendary Grade Wealth on Shadow Storm.
1400-1600 you can use Epic grade and 1650 above you can switch it down to Rare grade which opens up the Epic and Legendary Grade runes for other skills.(this is also assuming you have Charge Shadow maxed out.)
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
|Glowing Brand||Vital Point Hit|
|Rage Spear||Fatal Dagger|
|Dance of Fury||Piercing Strike|
|Shadow Storm||Charge Shadow|
Quick Prep or Period
|Shadow Trap||Activate Shadow|
|Shadow Vortex||Quick Prep|
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Dance of Fury
Dance of Fury
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Budget Card Set 2
This card set does not replace Light of Salvation set or Kazero's Legion Commanders set, but it can be use if you're new to the game and has set to get your Light of Salvation/Kazero's Legion Commanders set +18 or +30 yet.
Optional Card Set
Optional Card Set 2
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Lunar Voice Reapers are really mobile with a ton of skills moving her around while using them, which can be a good or bad thing depending on your awareness of positioning and this particular build focuses on more bursty damage gameplay than its counterpart. But be aware that reapers generally lack defense and general health compared to most other classes which make them take a substantial amount of damage even though it's just a few swipes from the bosses.
- Swoop Skills are your main damage skills that scale with your Specialization stats and their damage gets further increased when you are using them in Persona Mode. Performing any attacks will take you out of Persona Mode even if they are not Swoop Skills and they do not get damage increase from the mode, but using Shadow Step(Spacebar) does not take you out from the state.
- Lunar Voice focuses on stacking a ton of Specialization stats as mentioned above that it increases your Swoop Skills damage and it also increases the amount of Persona Gauge gain letting you cycle through your rotation faster without taking too many skills to charge up for a single burst.
- Wealth runes are very important for this build to further smoothen out your gauge gain to keep the burst cycles going. So make sure you have all the high grades and a couple of low grades runes prepared.
- Reapers have 1 of the best Counter in the game as Nightmare allows you to counter from the front with the initial dagger toss and the 2nd activation explosion from Back Attack also triggers counter when you teleport to the front of the boss when you are behind it.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Starlast