Artillerist is one of the gunner classes in Lost Ark that is easy to learn, but difficult to master. The Barrage Enhancement build focuses on filling the Specialty Meter as fast as possible to enter Barrage Mode for maximum damage output.
Artillerist's Specialty Meter is split into 2 separate meters. The left one is the Firepower Meter, which fills up when dealing damage and has 3 Stages. The more it fills up, the higher the resulting Damage increase. The meter gradually decreases if you don't hit any foes for more than 6 seconds. The lower level Firepower buffs are acquired once the meter starts to decrease.
The second meter on the right side is the Barrage Meter, which fills up when dealing damage. Once it is full, you can enter Barrage Mode. While in this mode you take 20% less Damage. Additionally, it is enhanced through your Class Engraving Barrage Enhancement, which gives your Barrage Skills more Damage and Crit. While in Barrage Mode, your Normal Skills get replace by 4 skills: Bombardment: Howitzer, Bombardment: Focus Fire, Bombardment: Energy Cannon and Bombardment: Impregnability. You become immobile once you enter the Barrage Mode, but you can use [Spacebar] to immediately exit it.
Artillerists deal consistent damage and have high Stagger on most skills. With Enhanced Shell or Summon Turret and their Armor Destruction Tripod, he provides defense debuff on targets for the team as well.
Check out the Firepower Enhancement Artillerist build for an alternative play style.
Raid Skill Build
- Depending on your preference, Forward Barrage or Enhanced Shell can be replaced for other skills depending on content and situation. E.g. Swing is a good replacement for a situation like the 1v1 fight at Brelshaza G2.
- If you swap out Enhanced Shell, make sure to change the Sub Battery tripod of Summon Turret to Armor Destruction.
- Use Heavy Turret to gain Barrage Meter quickly to re-enter Barrage Mode as soon as possible.
Keep Armor Destruction active by using Enhanced Shell (or Summon Turret).
Normal skill rotation
Use the following skills to fill your Barrage Meter:
- Summon Turret
- Enhanced Shell
- Forward Barrage
- Gravity Explosion
- Enhanced Shell
- Homing Barrage
- Air Raid
- Forward Barrage
Barrage skill rotation
- Enter the Barrage Mode once your Barrage Meter is full. (Use Bombardment: Impregnability if needed, to absorb incoming damage.)
- Bombardment: Howitzer
- Bombardment: Energy Cannon
- Barrage: Focus Fire
- Bombardment: Howitzer
- Exit the Barrage Mode.
Energy Field increases survivability while performing the rotation and prevents getting interrupted while casting the normal damage skills. Forward Barrage or Swing are your Counter skills.
For this build, the recommended Combat Stats are 70% Specialization and 30% Crit. You can go for Swiftness instead of Crit for “smoother” gameplay.
Bracelets provide beneficial effects to yourself or to your party members depending on the rolls.
Note: Bracelets should not be your top priority to optimize since it'll be much more efficient to optimize your other gear first. Bracelets are costly! So slowly build towards a Main Stat and a Sub Stat. Anything else is extra!
Check out the Bracelet Guide for more details.
Possible Special Effects to Roll:
Crit / Swiftness
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that dictate the playstyle of a class. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Barrage Enhancement increases the Damage and Crit rate of your Barrage Skills, increases Barrage Meter gain and removes the “Cooling State” debuff.
- All-Out Attack helps to increase the speed and Damage of your casting and holding skills.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase without requiring specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Keen Blunt Weapon* is a good engraving to utilize when you have more than 70% Crit Rate.
- Adrenaline increases Crit Rate and is easily stackable with the amount of Artillerist skills to rotate through.
- Hit Master can be used since your main damage dealing skills don't have positional attack modifiers.
- Cursed Doll* provides an attack power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
Early Tier 3
1340 -1414 gearscore
Erupting Waves Set
Piercing Gaze Set
Craft any combination of the legendary gear sets listed above and try to push to 1415 as soon as possible.
Tier 3 Legion Raid Set
(Specialization/Crit Build) or
Hallucination Set (Specialization/Swift Build)
The name of your set will change with every higher tier gearset you acquire, but the set effect will remain the same. Look for the keyword of your set when recrafting it so you don't easily get lost.(e.g Entropy, Hallucination etc)
Recommended Sidereal Unity Effects for your Neo AWGL-01 Herscher are Thirain and Balthorr.
Check out the Sidereal Weapon Guide for more details.
Runes enhance skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
|Barrage: Focus Fire||Galewind|
|Barrage: Energy Cannon||Galewind|
- Use Wealth on Flamethrower, Gravity Explosion, Enhanced Shell and Forward Barrage to fill up your Firepower Meter faster.
- Galewind helps to increase the attack speed of your strongest Barrage Skills Barrage: Focus Fire, Barrage: Howitzer and Barrage: Energy Cannon.
Gear Skill Tree and Tripods
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of tripods themselves. Tripod levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
The Big One
|Gravity Explosion||Vital Point Barrage|
|Summon Turret||Sub Battery|
|Forward Barrage||Firepower Control|
|Homing Barrage||Weak Point Detection|
|Energy Field||Energy Increase|
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Damage Card Set
Budget Damage Card Set 2
This card set does not replace Light of Salvation set or Kazero's Legion Commanders set, but it can be use if you're new to the game and has set to get your Light of Salvation/Kazero's Legion Commanders set +18 or +30 yet.
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Use Energy Field to increase your survivability and to reduce the risk of getting interrupted.
- Keep Armor Destruction active by using Enhanced Shell.
- Use Spacebar to cancel long animation skills or exit Barrage Mode, to dodge incoming attacks if necessary.
- Focus on Barrage Meter gain to enter Barrage Mode as soon as possible, to use your strongest skills.
Written by Perciculum
Reviewed by Starlast