Summoner is one of the original Mage classes that was introduced. Although a bit old, the class has gone through several changes and iterations that have made the class a lot more interactive to play. Don't be fooled by the class name! Lost Ark's Summoner doesn't fully embrace the classic Summoner archetype but has its own quirks and aesthetics that make the class really stand out from the rest.
With the recent changes, Summoners are now divided between a Specialization focused build Master Summoner and a Pet Swiftness version Communication Overflow.
Aside from the Pets, her Identity consists of 5 different Ancient Spirit Summons that have different effects when used. Deciding when to use the appropriate Ancient Spirit is key to maximizing your damage. Dealing damage will fill up your Identity Bubbles, which will allow you to use specific Ancient Spirits. Stuck in a pinch and need protection? Jahia & Ligheas has your back. Confident in your ability to hit Doomsdays? Akir acts similarly as their huge nuke. This class is very versatile with her Ancient Spirit Summons, allowing her to deal with different situations with ease.
If you're interested in trying out the class, but not too keen on Pets, try the Master Summoner build. This build will be focused on Identity gauge generation instead of Pet damage.
Check out the Communication Overflow for an alternative play style.
Raid Skill Build
- Flash Explosion is your flex skill. You can replace it with Steed Charge for more Stagger or Pauru for an additional Attack Power buff.
- Always try to have Shurdi up.
- Flash Explosion is great for keeping up Adrenaline.
- Ancient Spear, Electric Storm and Water Elemental are the skills for the most Identity Gauge.
- Water Elemental is your Counter.
|Ancient Spirit||Orb Cost||Weak point||Stagger||Damage|
|Jahia & Ligheas||6||None||Highest||High|
Akir skill rotation
Use the following skills (It is recommended to have Akir for the opener):
- Summon Shurdi and Pauru (if you run it)
- Electric Storm
- Sticky Moss Swamp
- Bagron's Wrath
- Use Akir during Bagron's Wrath (Bagron's Wrath multi hits and can waste gauge if not careful)
- Ancient Spear
Normal skill rotation
- Use whatever skill is available to fill up Identity Gauge for Akir.
- If you need Stagger, use Alimaji, Jahia & Ligheas or Steed Charge.
- Try to keep Magick Amplification from your skills before using your nukes.
- Don't hold onto Akir for too long. You'll lose damage overall waiting too long for Attack Power buffs. Just use the skill and move on.
- You can space yourself to hit all 3 spears from Ancient Spear.
- Summoner has animation cancels similar to Sorceress. You can Electric Storm (while casting get the indicator of another skill up ie: Ancient Spear). Press Ancient Spear after Electric Storm casts. As you can see, you can do animation cancels into animation cancels with a class like Summoner. Be sure to take advantage of it to speed up your rotation!
For this build, the recommended Combat Stats are 100% Specialization. The leftover stats from Necklace can go into Swiftness for Shrieking Hallucination or Crit if you are running Poem of Salvation.
Bracelets provide beneficial effects to yourself or to your party members depending on the rolls.
Note: Bracelets should not be your top priority to optimize since it'll be much more efficient to optimize your other gear first. Bracelets are costly! So slowly build towards a Main Stat and a Sub Stat. Anything else is extra!
Check out the Bracelet Guide for more details.
Possible Special Effects to Roll:
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that dictate the playstyle of a class. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Master Summoner for the build.
- Adrenaline increases Crit Rate and overall good engraving. Helps reach Keen Blunt Weapon threshold.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase without requiring specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Keen Blunt Weapon* is a good engraving to utilize when you have more than 70% Crit Rate.
- Hit Master can be used since your main damage dealing skills don't have positional attack modifiers.
- Ether Predator is good for a +1.
- Cursed Doll* provides an attack power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
Early Tier 3
1340 -1414 gearscore
Erupting Waves Set
Piercing Gaze Set
Craft any combination of the legendary gear sets listed above and try to push to 1415 as soon as possible.
Tier 3 Legion Raid Set
(Specialization/Crit Build) or
Hallucination Set (Specialization/Swift Build)
The name of your set will change with every higher tier gearset you acquire, but the set effect will remain the same. Look for the keyword of your set when recrafting it so you don't easily get lost.(e.g Entropy, Hallucination etc)
Recommended Sidereal Unity Effects for your Lunatic Leia are Thirain and Balthorr.
Check out the Sidereal Weapon Guide for more details.
Runes enhance skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
|Sticky Moss Swamp||Bleed|
- Wealth on high identity generators.
- Galewind on skills that need to be cast faster.
- Rage can be used on your flex skills aside from Steed Charge for speed.
- Overwhelm on Steed Charge for more stagger.
Gear Skill Tree and Tripods
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of tripods themselves. Tripod levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
|Steed Charge||Weak Point Detection|
|Sticky Moss Swamp||Ready Attack|
|Earth Collapse||Flame Collapse|
|Water Elemental||Water Cannon|
|Electric Storm||Guiding Storm|
|Ancient Spear||Quick Prep|
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Sticky Moss Swamp
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommended sets for this class.
Check the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Budget Damage Card Set 2
This card set does not replace Light of Salvation set or Kazero's Legion Commanders set, but it can be use if you're new to the game and has set to get your Light of Salvation/Kazero's Legion Commanders set +18 or +30 yet.
Optimal Damage Card Set
- It's recommended to go Charming Instinct if you don't have the necessecary Tripods/Gems/Specialization/Engraving for a smooth experience.
- Try to have Akir for your opener and follow the rotation guide!
- Don't hold onto Akir for too long for the perfect buffs, it could potentially lead to a DPS loss.
- Remember animation cancels on the class.
- Try to be in position to hit all 3 spears!
Written by Starlast
Reviewed by Perciculum