Artillerist is one of the gunner classes in Lost Ark that is easy to learn, but difficult to master. The Firepower Enhancement build focuses on high sustain Damage, with the help of the Firepower Meter.
Artillerist's Specialty Meter is split into 2 separate meters. The left one is the Firepower Meter, which fills up when dealing damage and has 3 Stages. The more it fills up, the higher the resulting Damage increase. The meter gradually decreases if you don't hit any foes for more than 6 seconds. The lower level Firepower buffs are acquired once the meter starts to decrease. Firepower Enhancement increases your Normal Skill Damage upon reaching full Firepower Meter (Overheat). Additionally, it increases the Firepower Meter Buff duration and reduces the Damage taken, as long as you are not in the Barrage Mode.
The second meter on the right side is the Barrage Meter, which fills up when dealing damage. Once it is full, you can enter Barrage Mode. While in this mode you take 20% less Damage. While in Barrage Mode, your Normal Skills get replace by 4 skills: Bombardment: Howitzer, Bombardment: Focus Fire, Bombardment: Energy Cannon and Bombardment: Impregnability. You become immobile once you enter the Barrage Mode, but you can use [Spacebar] to immediately exit it.
Artillerists deal consistent damage and have high Stagger on most skills. Synergy wise, he provides a Stagger increase party buff with Target Focus from Napalm Shot. With Enhanced Shell or Summon Turret and their Armor Destruction Tripod, he provides defense debuff on targets for the team as well.
Check out the Barrage Enhancement Artillerist build for an alternative play style.
Raid Skill Build
- Depending on your preference or content, Swing can be replaced with Napalm Shot or Forward Barrage.
- Missile Barrage can be used as your Awakening to refill your Firepower Meter completely. But this Awakening has a long cast animation and has a high chance to miss. For more consistent damage, use Heavy Turret instead.
Keep Armor Destruction active by using Enhanced Shell (or Summon Turret).
The main skill rotation
Once you are in the Overheat state, you should use your Damage skills on Cooldown. There is no mandatory rotation. The rotation below can be used at the start of each combat.
- Summon Turret
- Homing Barrage
- Air Raid
- Enhanced Shell
- Summon Turret
- Pressurized Heatbomb
- Multi-Rocket Launcher
Energy Field increases survivability while performing the rotation and prevents getting interrupted while casting the main damage skills. Swing, Forward Barrage or Napalm Shot are your Counter skills.
Enter the Barrage Mode once it is ready while your main damage skills are still on cooldown. Cast quickly Bombardment: Impregnability followed by Bombardment: Energy Cannon and leave the Barrage Mode to return to your main rotation.
The Artillerist's main Combat Stats are Swiftness and Crit. Early game, it is fine to have a 50:50 distribution. But towards the endgame(T3), try to focus on either Swiftness or Crit on all your accessories, with the other one as your second stat on your necklace. If you focus on Crit as your main Combat Stat and you have always a Crit Synergy buffing class in your group/party, you can swap out a Crit Earring for a Swiftness Earring to further min-max your damage.
Bracelets provide beneficial effects to yourself or to your party members depending on the rolls.
Note: Bracelets should not be your top priority to optimize since it'll be much more efficient to optimize your other gear first. Bracelets are costly! So slowly build towards a Main Stat and a Sub Stat. Anything else is extra!
Check out the Bracelet Guide for more details.
Possible Special Effects to Roll:
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that dictate the playstyle of a class. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Firepower Enhancement increases your Normal Skill Damage upon reaching full Firepower Meter (Overheat), the Firepower Meter Buff duration and reduces the Damage taken, as long as you are not in the Barrage Mode.
- Hit Master can be used since your main damage dealing skills don't have positional attack modifiers.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase without requiring specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Keen Blunt Weapon* is a good engraving to utilize when you have more than 70% Crit Rate.
- Adrenaline increases Crit Rate and is easily stackable with the amount of Artillerist skills to rotate through.
- Cursed Doll* provides an attack power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty.
- Raid Captain replaces Keen Blunt Weapon if you focus on Swiftness more than Crit.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
Early Tier 3
1340 -1414 gearscore
Erupting Waves Set
Piercing Gaze Set
Craft any combination of the legendary gear sets listed above and try to push to 1415 as soon as possible.
Tier 3 Legion Raid Set
Nightmare Set (especially if build is Swiftness focused)
The name of your set will change with every higher tier gearset you acquire, but the set effect will remain the same. Look for the keyword of your set when recrafting it so you don't easily get lost.(e.g Entropy, Hallucination etc)
Recommended Sidereal Unity Effects for your Neo AWGL-01 Herscher are Thirain and Balthorr.
Check out the Sidereal Weapon Guide for more details.
Runes enhance skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
|Enhanced Shell||Quick Recharge|
|Energy Field||Quick Recharge|
- Quick Recharge on a low cooldown skill like Enhanced Shell helps to shorten the downtime of your highest Damage skills.
- Galewind helps to shorten the cast animation of slow skills.
- Bleed paired with Summon Turret increases the bleed uptime.
Gear Skill Tree and Tripods
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of tripods themselves. Tripod levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
The Big One
|Multiple Rocket Launcher||Flame Rocket|
|Enhanced Shell||Bullet Enhancement|
|Summon Turret||Sub Battery|
|Homing Barrage||Weak Point Detection|
|Energy Field||Energy Increase|
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Multiple Rocket Launcher
Multiple Rocket Launcher
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommended sets for the class.
Check the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Damage Card Set
Budget Damage Card Set 2
This card set does not replace Light of Salvation set or Kazero's Legion Commanders set, but it can be use if you're new to the game and has set to get your Light of Salvation/Kazero's Legion Commanders set +18 or +30 yet.
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Use Energy Field to increase your survivability and reduce the risk of getting interrupted.
- Keep Armor Destruction active by using Enhanced Shell.
- Use Spacebar to cancel long animation skills or exit Barrage Mode, to dodge incoming attacks if necessary.
- Focus on keeping your Firepower Meter at the “Overheat” state for maximum Damage.
Written by Perciculum
Reviewed by Starlast