The Combat Stats are not as important as they are for PvP or Raid builds. Simply use the recommended Raid gear and Combat Stat distribution from the Solo Knight Gunlancer Raid Guide and Combat Readiness Gunlancer Raid Guide.
Chaos & Cube Skill Build
Chaos Dungeon and Cube content is fairly easy to complete. A simplified rotation is used:
- Fire Bullet can be replace with Sharp Gunlance for better mobs grouping and can be pair with Bleed for extra damage while grouping up the mobs.
- Group mobs and Elites up around you then shock the pack with Guardian's Thunderbolt.
- Burst the packs with the rest of the AoE skills, starting with Surge Cannon which can hit multiple targets on all 4 sides. This greatly reduces the skill Cooldown, sometimes even completely when Cooldown Reduction buffs are active and if the Elites are not dead. Finish off with the other AoE skills and when your Cooldowns refresh, repeat the sequence.
- When a Red Portal(Unique Boss Room) appears switch to the Raid build for the encounter then switch back to this AoE build for the next portal.
- Killing Elites/Bosses grants a 40%/100% Cooldown refresh while breaking Rift Cores grants a 40% Cooldown reduction buff. Cooldown refresh and Cooldown Reduction buffs work on Awakening skills as well.
Sub-stat priority is not important, as the content is easy as long as the player is using matching Tier Gear and accessories. Swiftness and Crit stats help with speed clearing, but is not necessary if you don't have separate sets of accessories.
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommend parings. Check the Rune Guide for more details.
- Group mobs and Elites up in a tight pack before bursting them down to get the Cooldown refresh before grouping up the next packs.
- Remember to switch to the Raid build when a Red Portal appears.
- Killing Elites/Bosses and breaking Rift Cores grant a Cooldown refresh or Cooldown Reduction buff.
- Use an Awakening skill whenever a group of Elites are close together so the Awakening skill can have its Cooldown refreshed and be ready to be use for the next packs. Killing Bosses refreshes the Cooldown completely as well, so don't be too conservative with Awakening skill usage.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Facefoot
Article published for Tier 1 content.