The Gunlancer has great monster clear speed early on with strong Area of Effect Skills like Sharp Gunlance and Guardian's Thunderbolt. This makes his leveling process easy and enjoyable, despite his slow Movement Speed.
During the leveling process, focus on equipping the highest Item Level gear while prioritizing the Crit and Specialization Combat Stats to increase your damage and clear speed. To level quickly, focus on doing Main Story Quest with some exceptions.
For a walk-through of the leveling quests, check out the Leveling Guide.
Skill Point Allocation
Allocate Skill Points to gain Skill Tree for your most powerful Skills. Below are the notable Character Levels to obtain the most important Skill Tree. Left over points can be spent on secondary Skills of your choice. Make sure you reallocate those points into the main Skills when needed.
Check the Skill Point Guide for more details.
Level 12: Sharp Gunlance and Fire Bullet (4 points each) for low cooldown damage.
Level 20-21: Guardian's Thunderbolt (48 points) for Area of Effect (AoE) damage.
Level 25: Shout of Hatred (20 points) for AoE damage.
Level 30-31: Charged Stinger (20 points) for single target damage.
Shield Shock (4 points) for AoE damage and debuff.
Level 35: Charged Stinger (48 points) for more damage.
Level 40-41: Sharp Gunlance (20 points) to group packs tightly.
Leap Attack (20 points) for AoE damage.
Level 42: Sharp Gunlance (48 points, remove 16 points from Leap Attack) for more damage.
Level 47: Fire Bullet (48 points) for more damage.
Level 49: Leap Attack (back up to 20 points) for AoE damage.
Follow the Main Story Quest to Vern city until Beatrice notifies you to visit her in Trixion. Completing her questline rewards Surge Cannon and Guardian's Protection Awakening Skill. Check your inventory and consume the items to unlock the skills. Set up 2 skill presets for the Chaos Dungeon/Cube and Raid builds, listed below in the Endgame section.
Extra Skill Points during leveling can be invested into Leap Attack for extra damage. Sharp Gunlance can be replaced with Gunlance Shot if more single target damage is needed. Make sure you reallocate those points into the main Skills when needed.
- The Gunlancer has considerate amount of AoE skills but lacks high burst damage during leveling. Group up enemies with Sharp Gunlance and debuff them with Shield Shock. Finish enemies off with your AoE skills like Leap Attack, Guardian's Thunderbolt and Shout of Hatred.
- Use Defensive Stance to shield yourself while charging-up Charged Stinger to burst down Elites and Bosses.
- Defensive Stance Identity grants shielding and Push immunity Super Armor, preventing interruption from most Crowd Control except Debuff Attacks.
Once you reach Level 50, the following guides will guide you through the end game content and activities:
- Combat Readiness Gunlancer Raid Guide
- Solo Knight Gunlancer Raid Guide
- Gunlancer Chaos Dungeon
- Gunlancer PvP Guide
- Raid Guides
- Abyssal Dungeon Guides
- Use your mobility skills to travel around quicker in areas where mounts are disabled.
- Group up enemies with Sharp Gunlance and debuff them with Shield Shock. Finish enemies off with your AoE skills like Leap Attack, Guardian's Thunderbolt and Shout of Hatred.
- UseDefensive Stance to gain Push Immunity Super Armor when unable to dodge a knockdown attack by Elites and Bosses.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Lexyu