Be aware that Gunlancer is the only class whose Spacebar moves them backwards. This is a huge turn-off for most of the players. But after a few days of gameplay, you will get used to it. Overall, the Gunlancer is a highly efficient class that doesn't require many resources or gold to be viable.
Check out the Solo Knight Gunlancer for an alternative Gunlancer playstyle.
Raid Skill Build
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
Combat Readiness usually does not require the player to dodge a lot of mechanics; instead, you simply tank the attacks. Just remember that it doesn't protect you from %HP damage skills and 1-shot mechanics, so manage your Defensive Stance Shield Meter properly. Especially be careful if there is no Support class in the party or your Nellasia's Energy is on Cooldown. Other shields take priority in soaking damage before Defensive Stance's shield.
Turn off Defensive Stance before using Shout of Hatred, as no Shield Meter can be gained when Defensive Stance is up.
Stagger Burst Rotation
- Optional : Surge Cannon
- Optional : If you have Dash Upper Fire maxed.
- Shield Bash
- Guardian's Thunderbolt
- Leap Attack
- Optional : Shield Shock
- Shield Charge
Combat Readiness Gunlancers run Specialization and Crit as this build runs mostly Normal Skills (Blue Skills), which can all be enhanced by Specialization stats. Furthermore, Shield Meter gain is increased to further boost the amount from Shout of Hatred for easier Defensive Stance management.
Push Specialization as high as possible in Tier 3 because it further increases damage of their Normal Skills (Blue Skills). Only take Crit on your Necklace as this build has low Cooldowns and does not rely on Head Attacking too often for damage output.
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that can significantly change playstyle. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Level 3.
- Combat Readiness grants damage increase to all general skills(Blue Skills) and also increase durability of shields from both identity skills. This engraving offers no penalty at any level, so you can equip it even at level 1 without worrying about inefficiencies.
- Barricade provides a flat 16% damage increase when you have a shield up. This should be pretty much the entire time if you're a Combat Readiness Gunlancer.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Stabilized Status is a great Engraving since it's unlikely for a Combat Readiness Gunlancer to ever take damage unless the player does not manage their Shield Meter well.
- Hit Master is an alternative to Grudge and Cursed Doll as most main damage skills do not have Head Attack requirement. but it is recommended to replace it when min-maxing damage output.
- Spirit Absorption increases Attack Speed and Movement Speed by a significant amount at Level 3. This helps you to position and cast quicker.
- Adrenaline provides an easy source of Crit Rate with you have high Cooldown Reduction jewels.
- Awakening reduces Awakening Skill cooldown for higher usage to generate Shield Meter.
Note: The Advanced Engravings are the Best in Slot setup for Tier 3 content. The penalties attached to these can be hard to overcome for new players. Only use the following engravings if you are experienced with the boss fight!
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase without needing specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Cursed Doll* provides an easy Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
- If speedrunning your alts, you can skip Abyss Dungeon Gear up to 1370 gearscore by just honing Chaos Dungeon Gear.
- If you're close to 1445 gearscore and were already doing Valtan/Vykas Normal Mode, you can skip crafting the Legendary Legion Raid Gears.
- If you have already crafted Relic Gears, hold onto them because once you unlock the Gear Set Conversion feature, you will be able to freely swap between Relic Legion Raid Sets.
"Play at your own pace" Route
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
(*) Optional skill choices.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
For more information on how to add equipment Skill Tree and how to get them, please visit our Skill Tree System Guide.
(*) Optional skill choices.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
(*) Optional gem choices.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Class with the highest survivability in Lost Ark.
- Specialization is the main Combat Stat of the Combat ReadinessGunlancer.
- Specialization combined with Defensive Stance make you nearly invincible.
- Use Bash before you use your main damage skills.
- Turn off Defensive Stance before using Shout of Hatred.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Raxxanterax
Updated Pros and Cons section.
Adjusted Gearsets section to include Vykas parts.