The Combat Readiness Gunlancer aka. Blue Build Gunlancer has the highest survivability with decent Stagger damage in Lost Ark. Combat stat focuses on Specialization combined with his identity skill Defensive Stance allow the Gunlancer to tank the majority of boss's skills with ease. Additionally, Specialization increases the damage of his spammable blue normal skills like Shield Bash and Shield Shock. Combat Readiness also increases the damage dealt by the Gunlancer every time he gets hit, allowing the Blue Build Gunlancer to deal consistent damage without having to dodge most attacks. Unfortunately this can lead to mana issues at lower tiers and requires the mana regeneration buff from a Bard.
The Gunlancer is 1 of only 3 classes with a full immunity counter stance skill: Counter Gunlance in Lost Ark. This adds another tool to the Gunlancer's repertoire to increase his survivability.
Besides damage, Gunlancers can also support the team with shields, damage reduction buffs and target armor debuffs from Nellasia's Energy and Bash. They can also interrupt many dangerous boss skills with their Taunt Skill Shout of Hatred which simultaneously increases the Frontal and Back Attack damage that your team deal.
Be aware that Gunlancer is the only class whose Spacebar moves them backwards. This is a huge turn-off for most of the players. But after a few days of gameplay, you will get used to it. Overall, the Gunlancer is a highly efficient class that doesn't require many resources or gold to be viable.
Check out the Solo Knight Gunlancer for an alternative Gunlancer playstyle.
Raid Skill Build
- Shout of Hatred is the main gauge generator skill for Gunlancer. Defensive Stance must be turned off to gain gauge.
- Bash provides an Armor Destruction debuff on target, and a Ready Attack self-buff, with good stagger damage.
- Nellasia's Energy is a party shield used to reduce and absorb incoming damage.
- Leap Attack , Guardian's Thunderbolt , Shield Charge and Shield Bash are the main damage skills of this build.
- Dash Upper Fire is your main Counter Attack Skill.
- Shield Bash and Dash Upper Fire are your Destruction Check skills when needed.
- Awakening: Guardian's Protection for instant max Identity Gauge gain and Damage Reduction Or Lance of Judgment to increase the Crit Chance of the party members and to deal more damage.
- Replace Leap Attack with Surge Cannon If more Stagger and Weak Point/Destruction Damage is needed.
- If you are comfortable Counter Attacking with only Bash, then Shield Shock can replaced Dash Upper Fire but will lose out on a Destruction Check skill.
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
Combat Readiness usually does not require the player to dodge a lot of mechanics; instead, you simply tank the attacks. Just remember that it doesn't protect you from %HP damage skills and 1-shot mechanics, so manage your Defensive Stance Shield Meter properly. Especially be careful if there is no Support class in the party or your Nellasia's Energy is on Cooldown. Other shields take priority in soaking damage before Defensive Stance's shield.
Turn off Defensive Stance before using Shout of Hatred, as no Shield Meter can be gained when Defensive Stance is up.
- Bash > Surge Cannon* > Shield Bash > Shield Shock* > Guardian's Thunderbolt > Shield Charge
- Bash > Shield Bash > Shield Shock* > Guardian's Thunderbolt > Shield Charge
- Bash > Shield Bash > Shield Shock* > Leap Attack
(*) Optional Skills if you are using them.
Combat Readiness Gunlancers run Specialization and Crit as this build runs mostly Normal Skills (Blue Skills), which can all be enhanced by Specialization stats. Furthermore, Shield Meter gain is increased to further boost the amount from Shout of Hatred for easier Defensive Stance management.
Push Specialization as high as possible in Tier 3 because it further increases damage of their Normal Skills (Blue Skills). Only take Crit on your Necklace as this build has low Cooldowns and does not rely on Front Attacking too often for damage output.
Bracelets provide beneficial effects to yourself or to your party members depending on the rolls.
Note: Bracelets should not be your top priority to optimize since it'll be much more efficient to optimize your other gear first. Bracelets are costly! So slowly build towards a Main Stat and a Sub Stat. Anything else is extra!
Check out the Bracelet Guide for more details.
Possible Special Effects to Roll:
Combat Stats (Specialization + Crit)
Basic Effect (Strength)
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that can significantly change playstyle. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Combat Readiness grants damage increase to all general skills(Blue Skills) and also increase durability of shields from both identity skills. This engraving offers no penalty at any level, so you can equip it even at level 1 without worrying about inefficiencies.
- Barricade provides 16% damage increase when you have a shield up. This should be pretty much the entire time if you're a Combat Readiness Gunlancer.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Stabilized Status is a great Engraving since it's unlikely for a Combat Readiness Gunlancer to ever take damage unless the player does not manage their Shield Meter well.
- Adrenaline provides an easy source of Crit Rate when you have high Cooldown Reduction jewels.
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase without needing specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Cursed Doll* provides an easy Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
- Keen Blunt Weapon* is usually used if you are using Hallucination Set to meet the minimum 58% Crit Rate require for the engraving efficiency.
(*) These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
(*) Have it at Level 2 when you are still at Relic grade accessories.
Option 2 - pairing with Hallucination Set
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
Early Tier 3
1340 -1414 gearscore
Erupting Waves Set
Piercing Gaze Set
Craft any combination of the legendary gear sets listed above and try to push to 1415 as soon as possible.
Tier 3 Legion Raid Set
(You need to get food buff for mana issues when there is no support in the party)
The name of your set will change with every higher tier gearset you acquire, but the set effect will remain the same. Look for the keyword of your set when recrafting it so you don't easily get lost.(e.g Entropy, Hallucination etc)
Recommended Sidereal Unity Effects for your Seraphic Guardian's Sea are Thirain and Balthorr.
Check out the Sidereal Weapon Guide for more details.
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
|Shout of Hatred||Focus|
|Dash Upper Fire*||Purify|
- Rage is best used with Bash so it can increase the speed of our Skill Rotation.
- Galewind is ideal for speeding up your best damage dealing skills.
- Quick Recharge is used for skills closer to the end of your rotation for highest effectiveness.
- Overwhelm is used to further improve the Stagger we apply.
- Focus reduces mana cost of skills.
- Bleed works best on Shield Bash or Shield Shock due to low cooldowns.
(*) Optional skill choices.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
For more information on how to add equipment Skill Tree and how to get them, please visit our Skill Tree System Guide.
|Guardian's Thunderbolt||Weak Point Detection|
|Leap Attack*||Enhanced Strike|
|Shield Bash||Nimble Movement|
Weak Point Detection
|Shield Charge||Enhanced Strike|
|Shout of Hatred||Quick Preparation|
|Nellasia's Energy||Quick Preparation|
|Shield Shock**||Quick Prep|
|Dash Upper Fire**||Quick Prep|
|Surge Cannon*||High Explosive Shot|
(*) Optional skill choices.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Shout of Hatred
(*) Optional gem choices.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Budget Card Set 2
This card set does not replace Light of Salvation set or Kazero's Legion Commanders set, but it can be use if you're new to the game and has set to get your Light of Salvation/Kazero's Legion Commanders set +18 or +30 yet.
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Class with the highest survivability in Lost Ark.
- Specialization is the main Combat Stat of the Combat ReadinessGunlancer.
- Specialization combined with Defensive Stance make you nearly invincible.
- Use Bash before you use your main damage skills.
- Turn off Defensive Stance before using Shout of Hatred.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Raxxanterax