The Soulfist is one of the Martial Artist classes in Lost Ark that is hard to learn and master. The Robust Spirit build heavily focuses on Specialization (Spec), making the Soulfist one of the strongest burst damage dealers in Lost Ark. Her skill set consists of fast-paced melee and powerful ranged attacks, making her a versatile and enjoyable class to play.
The Soulfist synergizes well with other burst focused classes as they can increase the party's Attack Damage and Defense with Energy Release.
Her Identity Skill has 3 levels that have to be manually increased called Hype. Higher Identity level results in higher Damage and Attack Speed with shorter Cooldowns at the cost of the duration decrease every level. Level 1Hype lasts much longer than the Level 3 Hype buff. But once you have Robust Spirit, you skip the first 2 levels directly to Level 3 Hype with even more bonus stats.
Soulfist has World Decimation available to them which is the highest single target damage skill in the game. She raises both hands into the air collecting energy, forming into a huge dense energy ball that eradicates everything. Hitting this skill is difficult as it has a long channeling time, which is why knowledge of boss patterns and movements is crucial. Missing World Decimation leads to a huge damage loss.
Check out the Energy Overflow Soulfist Raid Guide for an alternative Soulfist playstyle.
Raid Skill Build
- Energy Release is a self buff Ready Attack. Quick Prep is mandatory to be able to use 2 full rotations within 1 Level 3 Hype cycle.
- Merciless Pummel is one of the strongest normal skills in the Soulfist's arsenal that hits multiple times.
- Flash Step can be used to either buff yourself Victory Shout or as a mobility skill. It also helps to maintain the Adrenaline stacks.
- Bolting Crash is a low cool down Counter Attack, which also increases the Attack Power of your party with Fighting Spirit Enh..
- You can replace Force Orb with Illusion Strike for easier and more consistent execution, but at the cost of slightly lower damage and Stagger value.
Soulfist's skill rotation focuses around efficiently using her Attack Power buffs.
You need at least around 1600 spec to execute this rotation properly.
- The rotation for using the Awakening World Decimation :
- Get at least 3 stacks of Adrenaline
- Bolting Crash
- Enter Level 3 Hype Mode
- Energy Release
- Unleash World Decimation
- Normal Skill Rotation:
- 2x Flash Step
- Bolting Crash
- Enter Level 3 Hype if it is not on cooldown
- Energy Release
- Energy Blast
- Tempest Blast
- Merciless Pummel
- Celestial Palm
- Force Orb
- Use 3x Flash Step with intervals between each step to keep Adrenaline at max stack.
- Bolting Crash
- During the 2nd Hype Rotation, use Energy Release as soon as it and your main damage skills are usable again.
- Soulfists have different Attack Power buffs for herself and her teammates, but only the highest self and party buff are applied to your skills at any given time. In other words, your self buffs don't stack.
- You should be able to use this Normal Skill Rotation twice within one Level 3 Hype Mode cycle, if you have high lvl Cooldown Reduction Gems and Tripod lvl on Energy Release.
- Use Bolting Crash between your rotation to keep the party buff active.
- You can use Flash Step and Bolting Crash to keep Adrenaline on max stack.
Specialization all the way! In general, you should try to get Specialization on all your accessories. As the second Combat Stat on the necklace, get Crit. High Specialization increases the buffs you gain from Hype Mode and the damage of your Awakening when in Hype Mode. On top of that, the damage of your Awakening scales with Specialization.
Bracelets provide beneficial effects to yourself or to your party members depending on the rolls.
Note: Bracelets should not be your top priority to optimize since it'll be much more efficient to optimize your other gear first. Bracelets are costly! So slowly build towards a Main Stat and a Sub Stat. Anything else is extra!
Check out the Bracelet Guide for more details.
Possible Special Effects to Roll:
Swiftness (Best 2nd stat at endgame, but at “early endgame”, you can take Crit instead, if necessary.)
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that dictate the playstyle of a class. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Precise Dagger increases the Crit Rate and makes up for the lack of Stat Points allocated to the Combat Stat Crit in Early Game. Lower Damage than Adrenaline but doesn't require stack management or high Specialization.
- Robust Spirit lets you skip Hype and Level 2 Hype and go directly into Level 3 Hype. It also doubles your resource regeneration rate and increases the damage of your skills. For Tier 1 and 2, you can just leave it at level 1.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase without needing specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Adrenaline increases Crit Rate and Attack Power but is hard to stack in Tier 1 as a Soulfist. Replace Precise Dagger with this Engraving once you have around 1400 or more Specialization.
- Cursed Doll* is a significant Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
- Awakening allows you to cast your Awakening World Decimation more often. Combined with high Specialization, it will do massive amounts of damage. But don't focus on this Engraving solely! It is fine to have this engraving only at lvl 1.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
Early Tier 3
1340 -1414 gearscore
Erupting Waves Set
Piercing Gaze Set
Craft any combination of the legendary gear sets listed above and try to push to 1415 as soon as possible.
Tier 3 Legion Raid Set
The name of your set will change with every higher tier gearset you acquire, but the set effect will remain the same. Look for the keyword of your set when recrafting it so you don't easily get lost.(e.g Entropy, Hallucination etc)
Recommended Sidereal Unity Effects for your Lotus Blossom: Mysterious Art are Thirain and Balthorr.
Check out the Sidereal Weapon Guide for more details.
Runes enhance skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct skills is important. Below are the recommended parings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
|Celestial Palm||Quick Recharge|
|Flash Step||Quick Recharge|
|Force Orb||Quick Recharge|
Gear Skill Tree and Tripods
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of tripods themselves. Tripod levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
|Energy Blast||Explosive Strength|
|Celestial Palm||Hard Hitter|
|Flash Step||Excellent Mobility|
|Energy Release||Quick Prep|
|Tempest Blast||Explosive Strength|
Weak Point Detection
|Force Orb||Quick Preparation|
|Merciless Pummel||Hard Hitter|
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Damage Card Set
Budget Damage Card Set 2
This card set does not replace Light of Salvation set or Kazero's Legion Commanders set, but it can be use if you're new to the game and has set to get your Light of Salvation/Kazero's Legion Commanders set +18 or +30 yet.
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Soulfist's Awakening skill World Decimation is the highest single target damage skill in the game.
- This class needs high Specialization to shine as it increases the damage of all your skills when in Hype Mode as well as your Awakening damage.
- Soulfists are a burst damage focused class. Don't miss your skills and learn boss attack patterns!
- Use all your Attack Power buffs wisely. Don't forget, not all Attack Power buffs stack!
Written by Perciculum
Reviewed by Raxxanterax