The Soulfist is one of the Martial Artist classes in Lost Ark that is hard to learn and master. The Energy Overflow bruild heavily focuses on Swiftness, making the Soulfist a skill spamming machine. Her skill set consists of fast-paced melee and powerful ranged attacks, making her a versatile and enjoyable class to play.
The Soulfist synergizes well with other burst-focused classes as they increase the party's Attack Damage and Defense with Energy Release.
Her Identity Skill has 3 levels that have to be manually increased called Hype. Higher Identity level results in higher Damage and Attack Speed with shorter Cooldowns at the cost of the duration decrease every level.
Energy Overflow focuses on keeping your Hype resource below 30%. This is accomplished by spamming your skills as much as possible. This build is better in T1 and does well into T2. The build starts to fall off in T3, but still holds up to Robust Spirit, albeit a bit behind in overall damage.
Check out the Robust Spirit Soulfist Raid Guide for an alternative Soulfist playstyle.
Raid Skill Build
- Energy Release is a self buff Ready Attack and a party buff Fighting Spirit EnhancementEnergy Release Enhancement. It increases Attack Power and survivability for the entire party.
- Merciless Pummel and Shadowbreaker are the strongest normal skills in Soulfist's arsenal.
- Flash Step can be used to either buff yourself Victory Shout or as a mobility skill.
- Bolting Crash has low cooldown. That leads to a high uptime of the team buff Fighting Spirit Enh.. On top of that, it is your Counter skill.
- You can replace Tempest Blast with Force Orb. It is more difficult to execute but can lead to overall higher damage, if executed correctly.
Soulfist's skill rotation focuses around efficiently using her Attack Power buffs.
- Normal Skill Rotation:
- Each rotation starts with Bolting Crash + Energy Release
- Merciless Pummel
- Heavenly Squash
- Lightning Palm
- Tempest Blast
- Flash Step
- For Hype 3 rotation, your goal is to start it always with Bolting Crash + Energy Release. After that, follow up with either Shadowbreaker, Lightning Palm or Heavenly Squash before using your remaining damage skills. The reason for this is, that the first skill you use right after Energy Release, can be executed a second time within the rotation, before the Energy Release buff runs out.
- Soulfists have different Attack Power buffs for herself and her teammates, but only the highest self and party buff are applied to your skills at any given time. In other words, your self buffs don't stack.
- Transition to Level 3 Hype before using your Awakening. Besides from that, stay on Level 2 Hype and let the buff run out. The reason for avoiding Level 3 Hype is, once it runs out, you have to wait a very long time before you can use Hype again due to the lack of Specialization. But once you reach Tier 3 and unlock at least the 2 Set Effect of Dominion Fang, you can transition into Level 3 Hype if your Level 2 Hype is about to run out, or if there is a big damage window, which can be used to deal a lot of damage. (Eg.: If the boss is staggered.)
Swiftness all the way! In general, you should try to get Swiftness on all your accessories. Get Crit as the second Combat Stat on the necklace. High Swiftness gives you more Cooldown to spam your skills to keep your energy low.
Bracelets provide beneficial effects to yourself or to your party members depending on the rolls.
Note: Bracelets should not be your top priority to optimize since it'll be much more efficient to optimize your other gear first. Bracelets are costly! So slowly build towards a Main Stat and a Sub Stat. Anything else is extra!
Check out the Bracelet Guide for more details.
Possible Special Effects to Roll:
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that dictate the playstyle of a class. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Adrenaline is a great engraving while having spammable skills. Gives Crit Rate and Attack Power per stack.
- Energy Overflow is your class engraving that increases your damage when your energy is below 30%.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The Engraving is a highly effective damage increase without needing specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Raid Captain is another great DPS engraving that scales off your speed you get from Swiftness.
- Keen Blunt Weapon* requires a high Crit stat to make use of its bonus Crit Damage.
- Mass Increase can be used instead of Keen Blunt Weapon if your Crit Rate is below 47%. The Attack Speed reduction is countered by reaching over 1600 Swiftness in the late-game and the Hype Attack Speed buff, which makes this engraving a viable substitute for Cursed Doll.
- Cursed Doll* is a significant Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
Early Tier 3
1340 -1414 gearscore
Erupting Waves Set
Piercing Gaze Set
Craft any combination of the legendary gear sets listed above and try to push to 1415 as soon as possible.
Tier 3 Legion Raid Set
Dominion Fang Set
The name of your set will change with every higher tier gearset you acquire, but the set effect will remain the same. Look for the keyword of your set when recrafting it so you don't easily get lost.(e.g Entropy, Hallucination etc)
Recommended Sidereal Unity Effects for your Lotus Blossom: Mysterious Art are Thirain and Balthorr.
Check out the Sidereal Weapon Guide for more details.
Runes enhance skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct skills is important. Below are the recommended parings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
|Heavenly Squash||Quick Recharge|
|Flash Step||Quick Recharge|
Gear Skill Tree and Tripods
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of tripods themselves. Tripod levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
|Heavenly Squash||Hard Hitter|
|Flash Step||Excellent Mobility|
|Lightning Palm||Energy Compression|
Weak Point Detection
|Tempest Blast||Explosive Strength|
Weak Point Detection
|Merciless Pummel||Hard Hitter|
|Energy Release||Quick Preparation|
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Damage Card Set
Budget Damage Card Set 2
This card set does not replace Light of Salvation set or Kazero's Legion Commanders set, but it can be use if you're new to the game and has set to get your Light of Salvation/Kazero's Legion Commanders set +18 or +30 yet.
Optimal Damage Card Set
- This class needs high Swiftness to shine, as you'll be relying on low Cooldowns to maintain your rotation.
- Proper Hype management is key!
- Use all your Attack Power buffs wisely. Don't forget, not all Attack Power buffs stack!
- Bolting Crash is your Counter Attack skill.
Written by Perciculum
Incorporated by Starlast
Reviewed by Raxxanterax