The Soul Eater is one of the latest Assassin subclass that arrives in Arkesia with the powers of the undead. Choose between harvesting the power of ghostly Ghast skills that cut through foes fast, or unleashing the power of Deathlord Mode. In this article, we will focus on Full Moon Harvester, which focuses on the Deathlord Mode.
Full Moon Harvester uses a combination of normal skills to build up gauge for Soul Stones and Deathlord Mode. Soul Stones allow Soul Eaters to use Deathlord Skills. With this engraving, using Soul Stones will grant additional Possession gauge toward Deathlord Mode. When in Deahtlord Mode, you will be granted powerful buffs along with free Soul Stones and a reset on your Deathlord Skills.
Deathlord Mode is your window to go crazy and unleash a powerful barrage of damage towards your foes.
This build guide assumes you have a Character at Level 50 before transitioning to it. Check out the 1-50 Leveling guides to reach Level 50.
Raid Skill Build
- Lunatic Edge is your party 6% damage increase synergy and also the most important part is Shadow Snatch that helps you get high movement speed buff to benefit from Raid Captain, taking Deathlord's Appearance grants extra hit to generate more Soul Stones gauge.
- Death Order is your highest Possession Gauge gain skill but it can be quite hard to get all the hits in.
- Soul Drain generates a decent amount of Soul Stones gauge and Possession Gauge with a very fast animation.
- Astaros also provides a decent amount of Soul Stones gauge and Possession Gauge. It's also one of your highest Stagger Check skill.
- Gluttony is your Counter Skill and it can provide a slight amount of Possession Gauge and Soul Stone gauge. It also has Tenacity.
These 3 skills are your main burst skills in the kit.
- Reaper's Scythe can be used with either Shattered Compass if you are going to use Hit Master or Tenacity for comfort but you have to switch your engraving to Cursed Doll.
- Guillotine Swing provides Stagger and Destruction, It's 2nd tripod can be swapped between Weak Point Detection for a faster animation but slightly less damage than Scaffold.
- Vestige provides a lot of Destruction as the skill can be casted twice with Two Souls, the Destruction can be further improve with Weak Point Enhancement. The 2nd row tripod for the highest damage possible is Concentrated Attack but can be a bit slow.
- Gluttony can be replaced with Spectral Coffin for another Possession Gauge generator, if Counter skill is not needed.
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
There is no fixed rotation for this build as you will put everything on cooldown to try to get Possession Gauge as soon as possible to unleash your burst damage in Deathlord Mode. Activating Deathlord Mode also resets your Deathlord Skills cooldowns, allowing you to instantly start bursting out your damage. After that, you're able to cast your Deathlord Skills again much sooner with the engraving. Use this as a general guide on how to rotate your skills.
Make sure to cast Lunatic Edge whenever you can to maintain the party synergy and the movement speed self buff.
Lunatic Edge > Death Order > Astaros > Soul Drain > Vestige > Vestige >
Gluttony > Lunatic Edge > Reaper's Scythe >
Death Order > Astaros > Gluttony > Lunatic Edge > Guillotine Swing >
Soul Drain > Vestige > Deathlord Mode
The rotation after Deathlord Mode will not be the same, but the idea is still the same, just generate enough Soul Stones to use Deathlord Skills until you get full Possessions Gauge.
NOTE: You do not need to use all of your Deathlord Skills before entering Deathlord Mode unless Guillotine Swing is conveniently up when Deathlord Mode is ready to benefit from the Crit Rate buff, it is better to keep the leftover Soul Stones you have since it is snapshotted in Deathlord Mode. What that means is that you will still have that amount of Soul Stones after exiting Deathlord Mode to help generate gauge again instead of starting from zero.
During Deathlord Mode prioritize rotation:
Guillotine Swing > Reaper's Scythe > Vestige
Since using Guillotine Swing as the last skill will sometimes not benefit from Deathlord Mode buffs as it takes a while for the guillotine to land while the buffs expire, so use it early in the burst sequence and pair it up with Reaper's Scythe, so you can charge up another skill while guillotine is dropping.
Full Moon Harvester Soul Eater focuses on getting as much Specialization stats as possible to deal massive damage with their Deathlord Skills damage while in Deathlord Mode.
- Standard Build: Focus Specialization on all of your accessories and Crit from Necklace, Specialization stats helps gaining Identity Gauge smoother and Increase your Deathlord Skills damage while in Deathlord Mode.
Bracelets provide beneficial effects to yourself or to your party members depending on the rolls.
Note: Bracelets should not be your top priority to optimize since it'll be much more efficient to optimize your other gear first. Bracelets are costly! So slowly build towards a Main Stat and a Sub Stat. Anything else is extra!
Check out the Bracelet Guide for more details.
Possible Special Effects to Roll:
Combat Stats(Specialization + Crit or Swiftness)
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that can significantly change play style. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Full Moon Harvester is the engraving that basically makes the build function for the cooldown resets on Deathlord Skills and the 14% Crit Rate serves a good purpose since Soul Eater does not have lots of Crit Rate modifiers on her main damage skills.
- Grudge* increases damage done to bosses while also increasing damage received from bosses. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase that does not require specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Keen Blunt Weapon* provides good damage increase since reaching above 58% Crit Rate isn't much of an issue for Soul Eater during core damage burst rotations.
- Raid Captain goes really well with Soul Eater builds as Lunatic Edge's Shadow Snatch , Support's Yearning Set effect, and Deathlord Mode easily caps out movement speed for the maximum potential of this engraving.
- Hit Master is an alternative to Cursed Doll but you have to switch to Shattered Compass on Reaper's Scythe for it to benefit from the engraving, but losing the Tenacity and the Back Attack 10% Crit Rate and 5% Damage increase bonus for the skill.
- Adrenaline can be used for fixing low crit rate.
- Cursed Doll* provides a significant Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
Ancient Accessories Phase
Relic Accessories Phase
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
Early Tier 3
1340 -1414 gearscore
Erupting Waves Set
Piercing Gaze Set
Craft any combination of the legendary gear sets listed above and try to push to 1415 as soon as possible.
Tier 3 Legion Raid Set
The name of your set will change with every higher tier gearset you acquire, but the set effect will remain the same. Look for the keyword of your set when recrafting it so you don't easily get lost.(e.g Entropy, Hallucination etc)
Recommended Sidereal Unity Effects for your Flowing Dawncleaver are Thirain and Balthorr.
Check out the Sidereal Weapon Guide for more details.
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
- Wealth runes are needed to help increase Identity Gauge gain to get into Deathlord Mode faster.
- Galewind is ideal for speeding up your highest damage dealing skills.
- Quick Recharge is paired with a low cooldown skill, making it higher chance to proc more frequently.
- Focus can be use to help alleviate mana management issues.
- Bleed is a filler rune to use on low cooldown skills.
- Purify can be useful to cleanse off debuffs applies by certain bosses like Sonavel and Akkan.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
|Guillotine Swing||Weak Point Detection|
|Reaper's Scythe||Condensed Soul|
Weak Point Detection
|Lunatic Edge||Shadow Snatch|
|Death Order||Soul Reversal|
Weak Point Detection
|Soul Drain||Soul Reversal|
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
(*) & (**) Optional gem choices.
Since you'll only able cast Deathlord Skills once outside(aside from Vestige) and inside Deathlord Mode, cooldown gems on those skills aren't any priority and any 1 of them can be replaced with a Astaros Attack Gem for tiny min-maxing but it is not a priority gem as you will focus on the 3 Deathlord Skills Attack Gems first for the higher level gems after getting most gems to Level 7 at least.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Budget Card Set 2
This card set does not replace Light of Salvation set or Kazero's Legion Commanders set, but it can be use if you're new to the game and has set to get your Light of Salvation/Kazero's Legion Commanders set +18 or +30 yet.
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Full Moon Harvester Souleater is a gauge burst build that prioritizes stacking as much Specialization stats as possible to smoother out Possession Gauge gain and Damage Dealt with Deathlord Skills while in Deathlord Mode.
- Full Moon Harvester rotations are very flexible as regardless of how you rotate your skills, you'll still be using all the Deathlord Skills once outside and inside of Deathlord Mode and 2 cycles of Stygian Skills for gauge gains.
- Gluttony is a really strong boss Counter attack tool since it has Tenacity for safety but it can be sometimes seen replaced with Spectral Coffin for a smoother Possession Gauge generator, if Counter skill is not needed.
- Your highest Stagger Check skills are Astaros, Guillotine Swing and casting Vestige 2 times for short burst Stagger Checks.
- As for Destruction Checks, you have Level 1 with Gluttony, Astaros, Guillotine Swing and Level 2 with Vestige which can be casted 2 times if you have Soul Stones prepared.
- Focus on Deathlord Skills Attack Gems first after you get everything up to lv 7.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Starlast