The First Intention Wardancer is one of the highest mobility classes in Lost Ark. This build heavily focuses on Swiftness which increases the movement speed, attack speed and reduces the cooldown of all skills. This often leads to mana issues in the early game which can be countered by a Bard's mana regen buff. The Class Engraving increases the damage of all skills by sealing Elemental Meter gain.
In Tier 1 and 2, the Wardancer plays as a burst damage class because of the long cooldowns on her main damage skills, Sweeping Kick and Moon Flash Kick. During burst windows use your high damage dealing skills. Simultaneously she has one of the lowest cooldown and fastest animation Counter Attacks Sky Shattering Blow in Lost Ark.
In addition to being a burst class, they are a synergy class because of the Attack & Movement Speed buff of Wind's Whisper and Crit Resistance debuff of Roar of Courage which she provides for the team. With access to Tripod Levels and Gems in Tier 3, her cooldown issues mostly get resolved alongside high Swiftness stacking and can move on from being classified as just a burst class.
Energy Combustion adds a layer of protection to Wardancers who are a squishy class with low defensive capabilities. Additionally this skill has a long uptime and deals consistent damage to the enemy.
Raid Skill Build
- The usual Awakening skill choice is Ultimate Skill: Flash Rage Blow, since its can be activated instantly to trigger the Legion Raid gearset effect . Ultimate Skill: Fist of Dominance is still an option for a 80% damage reduction defensive button but the long animation is not ideal at higher end contents with much hectic mechanics or boss patterns.
- First Intention disables Elemental Meter gain, but increases damage for skills that doesn't require Elemental Meter. This means Energy Combustion does most of your damage as long as you stay close to the boss.
- Wind's Whisper and Roar of Courage are the 2 main skills used at the beginning of a Wardancer's rotation since they grant Attack Speed and Movement Speed. They also debuff targets with -10% Crit Resistance. Finally it also self-buffs with increased damage.
- Sky Shattering Blow is usually used as a Counter Attack. It also provides massive damage boost by keeping up Energy Combustion.
- Moon Flash Kick and Sweeping Kick are the staple damage skills in this build. They're quick, safe burst skills that don't force you to be stationary.
- Lightning Kick is your gap closer and your repositioning tool.
- During Tier 1 and 2 you want to use Skill Reduction on Energy Combustion's. Once you get to endgame for Tier 3 with high Swiftness and high level Cooldown Gems, it is possible to use Intense Battle instead without having to sacrifice much uptime.
- Roar of Courage Supreme Ruler Afterimage skill tree can be replaced with Quick Prep for lowering it's cooldown even more, but ideally not too far apart from Wind's Whisper which will not synergize the buffs burst window closely.
- Sweeping Hidden Dragon can replace Lightning Kick as gap closer damage filler and it is also great at proc-ing Conviction and Judgment combo.
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
Always have Energy Combustion up before engaging.
Lightning Kick can be used for getting in and out of fights as it has a low cooldown and offers great mobility. Unfortunately it does have a slight wind-up, making it difficult to use for dodging quick attack patterns or mechanics.
Main Damage Rotation:
- Energy Combustion
- Lightning Kick
- Flash Heat Fang
- Roar of Courage
- Wind's Whisper
- Sweeping Kick
- Moon Flash Kick
- Lightning Kick then basic attack cancel (described below) until Wind's Whisper and Roar of Courage are back up.
You can use Sky Shattering Blow to keep up the damage buff while your Energy Combustion is up and basic attacking to keep up DPS uptime.
During skill downtime, hold down the movement button while tapping basic attack repeatedly to perform a basic attack cancel. The damage racks up along with Energy Combustion ticking and the Bleed rune to apply more damage over time.
There is something to keep in mind if the player has the Conviction rune slotted on Energy Combustion and the Judgment rune on Flash Heat Fang. You should wait for Conviction to proc before using Flash Heat Fang to proc the Judgment buff for 15% Cooldown Reduction and 100% Resource Regeneration before the start of the rotation.
Tiers 1 and 2
First Intention Wardancers go for Crit and Swiftness. Maximizing Crit is not as important because Wardancers can grant themselves bonus Crit Rate and apply Crit Debuff on targets. So you want to go for a 55% Crit and 45% Swiftness build.
It's better to optimize Swiftness over Crit for Tier 3 and above as you can acquire Gems and Skill Tree levels. This is to maximize Cooldown Reduction so that skills like Roar of Courage and Wind's Whisper have higher uptime. High Swiftness also helps increase Movement Speed to synergize with Raid Captain.
Bracelets provide beneficial effects to yourself or to your party members depending on the rolls.
Note: Bracelets should not be your top priority to optimize since it'll be much more efficient to optimize your other gear first. Bracelets are costly! So slowly build towards a Main Stat and a Sub Stat. Anything else is extra!
Check out the Bracelet Guide for more details.
Possible Special Effects to Roll:
Combat Stats(Swiftness + Crit)
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that can significantly change playstyle. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- First Intention disables the Elemental Meter gain and makes Esoteric Skills unusable. The advantage is it increases the damage dealt by the remaining Normal Skills, which is what we're after.
- Raid Captain is a solid choice since Wind's Whisper provides Movement Speed, and we're aiming for high Swiftness.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Keen Blunt Weapon* is a good damage engraving if you have more than 60% Crit Rate.
- Master of Ambush benefits Wardancers since they have many Back Attack modifiers.
- Awakening is for reduce awakening cooldown to synergize with Legion Raid gearset effect. preferably getting level 1 or 2 depending on the amount of your Swiftness.
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase without needing specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Cursed Doll* is a significant Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
- Increases Mass* is a decent alternative option for Cursed Doll if you manage to go over 140% attack speed.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
Alternative - Paired with 2 pieces of Earth's Entropy Set
Note : having 1600 Swiftness pairing with Conviction and Judgment combo will let you have just 12 seconds of downtime for Dominion Fang Set effect, assuming Conviction and Judgment combo cooldown lines up well. Having Awakening level 1 or 2 with Conviction and Judgment combo can further increase the refresh window to 1 or 21 seconds.
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
Early Tier 3
1340 -1414 gearscore
Erupting Waves Set
Piercing Gaze Set
Craft any combination of the legendary gear sets listed above and try to push to 1415 as soon as possible.
Tier 3 Legion Raid Set
Dominion Full Set
Dominion Set paired with 2 pieces of
(To maximize Back Attack damage)
Dominion Set paired with 2 pieces of Nightmare Set
(For some comfy mana management)
The name of your set will change with every higher tier gearset you acquire, but the set effect will remain the same. Look for the keyword of your set when recrafting it so you don't easily get lost.(e.g Entropy, Hallucination etc)
Recommended Sidereal Unity Effects for your Yongah are Thirain and Balthorr.
Check out the Sidereal Weapon Guide for more details.
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
|Lightning Kick*||Quick Recharge|
|Flash Heat Fang||Judgment|
|Moon Flash Kick||Galewind|
|Roar of Courage||Focus|
|Sky Shattering Blow||Bleed|
|Sweeping Hidden Dragon*||Conviction|
- Galewind is ideal for reducing the skill animation for your highest DPS skills.
- Quick Recharge is used for skills closer to the end of your rotation.
- Focus reduces the mana cost of skills.
- Bleed works best on Sky Shattering Blow due to its short cooldown.
- Use Conviction with Energy Combustion before using Judgment with Flash Heat Fang to proc the 15% Cooldown Reduction and 100% Resource Regeneration effect (not Elemental Meter). The runes can be replaced with any others if you don't have it yet.
(*) Skill Preferences.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
For more information on how to add equipment Skill Tree and how to get them, please visit our Skill Tree System Guide.
|Lightning Kick*||Thunder Kick|
|Flash Heat Fang||Fist of Darkness|
Weak Point Detection
|Energy Combustion||Combustible Armor|
|Sweeping Hidden Dragon*||Quick Prep|
|Sweeping Kick||Weak Point Detection|
|Moon Flash Kick||Intense Shock|
Full Moon Kick
|Wind's Whisper||Oath of the Wind|
|Sky Shattering Blow||Ready Attack|
(*) Skill Preferences.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Moon Flash Kick
Flash Heat Fang
Moon Flash Kick
Flash Heat Fang
Roar of Courage
Sky Shattering Blow
Sweeping Hidden Dragon*
(*) Skill Preferences.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Optional Card Set
Optimal Damage vs Kayangel Gate2-4 and Sonavel
Optimal Damage Card Set
- First Intention Wardancers sacrifice their Elemental Meter to increase the damage of her other skills. This makes Sweeping Kick and Flash Heat Fang the main damage skills for this build.
- Always keep Energy Combustion up as it does great damage throughout the encounter.
- Buff up with Wind's Whisper and debuff the boss with Roar of Courage before using other damage skills.
- Swiftness and Crit are the main priorities for First Intention Wardancers, but balance them out as she has lots of Crit Rate buffs without needing it from raw stats.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Raxxanterax