Machinists are a sustain DPS class that rains down constant missiles and explosions while making swiss cheese out of your targets by hailing down a barrage of bullets from your SMG and then finally toasting them with Particle Accelerators made with Arthetine cutting edge technology.
In this article, we will cover Evolutionary Legacy Machinists, who calls down Air Strike from their personal Battlecruiser. This will instantly fill up their Identity Gauge to show the power of Arthetine's Technologies with their Hypersync.
Evolutionary Legacy Machinists are usually always in Hypersync mode which generates lasers out from their suit causing massive damage as they put down a constant flurry of attacks. They have the ability to enhance a couple of their skills with Spacebar(Thruster Move) and Comet Strike to do even more damage. They also gain a massive amount of speed and a beefy shield to protect themselves from harm. However, if the shield breaks, you'll be kicked out of your suit which will be a DPS loss as most of the damage done in this build is from Hypersync mode.
Are power suits and tons of lasers your thing? Then suit up with Evolutionary Legacy Machinists.
Check out the Arthetinean Skill Machinist for an alternative Machinist playstyle.
Raid Skill Build
- Air Strike Awakening is used for its high Identity Gauge gain to instantly get into Hypersync mode.
- Mobile Shot is used for your mobility and animation cancels while you're still in default normal mode.
- Backflip Strike is your Counter skill while also giving you a safe Push Immunity back dash to give some space for you to transform safely into Hypersync mode. However Avalanche can be used as a Counter option as well.
- Fiery Escape can be tapped quickly just for a massive shield to make it even safer to transform as you do not get Hypersync mode's shield during the transformation animation.
- Command: Flare Beam, Command: Baby Drones, Command: Raid Missile and Energy Buster are your high Identity Gauge gain skills to get Hypersync up as soon as possible.
- Overcharged Battery is used for the Attack Power team synergy buff but can be replaced with Annihilation Mode when you have more skill points available. This is a nice skill to dump your extra skill points into for extra Identity Gauge generator and a general mobbing skill. Hypersync mode grants the same 6% Attack Power team synergy buff as well.
Gameplay and Skill Rotations
Start out the fight immediately with Air Strike and you should have max identity gauge to instantly get into Hypersync mode but if you miss a couple of shots or after the 1st transformation expires use these skills to fill out your Identity Gauge as soon as possible:
Note : with at least 1500 Specialization and 2 Level 3 and a Level 2 or 1 Level 5 Core Energy Supply skill nodes upgraded, you just need to use the 3 skill below to fill up max Identity Gauge after the 1st transform.
- Command: Raid Missile
- Command: Baby Drones
- Command: Flare Beam
If you missed any of the skills above or do not have Core Energy Supply upgraded yet continue with the skills below:
- Energy Buster
- Annihilation Mode
You can tap Fiery Escape to shield yourself during the transformation animation.
Annihilation Mode is not a priority skill to max and is best used to dump extra skill points into. Your main priority should be high levels of Core Energy Supply nodes and Specialization for this build. If you must use this skill, use this version of the skill Annihilation Mode to not get animation locked. But you can use Mobile Shot and Spacebar to cancel it's animation. This skill however is best used as a mobbing tool in Chaos Dungeon as Evolutionary Legacy Machinist don't need a separate build for it.
In short , During Hypersync mode all you really need to do is press Q(Comet Strike) before you press E(Laser Blade) or R(Echelon Beam) while weaving other skills that are off cooldown, but if you want to be slightly more optimal there are the rotations below.
Keynotes: Laser Blade gets boosted with 20% damage after using Spacebar(Thruster Move) or Q(Comet Strike).While Echelon Beam gets speed up from Spacebar and Q, It is recommended to Front Attack with Echelon Beam for the bonus 20% damage increase.
- Q - Comet Strike
- W - Slugshot
- E - Laser Blade
- R - Echelon Beam
- A - Surge Blow
- S - Crimson Breaker
Rotation Buttons :
Starting with QR makes it easier to stay in position for the Front Attack as you start out the rotation with R.
You can start with QE as well of your preference.
QRWAQE S QRWAQE W x2
Evolutionary Legacy Machinist focuses on high Specialization stats to increase their damage during Hypersync mode and also increases Identity Gauge gain to get back into Hypersync mode quicker. You need at least 1771 Specialization stats and Level 5 Core Energy Supply on both Command: Baby Drones and Command: Raid Missile to be able to get full Identity Gauge with 2 skills after the 1st transformation, assuming you don't have to un-transform early.
- High Specialization Build: You want to have Specialization stats on all accessories and only Crit from Necklace.
Bracelets provide beneficial effects to yourself or to your party members depending on the rolls.
Note: Bracelets should not be your top priority to optimize since it'll be much more efficient to optimize your other gear first. Bracelets are costly! So slowly build towards a Main Stat and a Sub Stat. Anything else is extra!
Check out the Bracelet Guide for more details.
Possible Special Effects to Roll:
Combat Stats(Specialization + Crit)
Class Engravings provide powerful stat boosts that dictate the playstyle of a class. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Evolutionary Legacy is the core of this build as it grants you a damage buff every time you use a skill stacking up to 3 times during Hypersync mode and each time you use a skill during Hypersync mode, other Hypersync skills gets 0.5 sec cooldown reduction.
- Adrenaline synergizes well with the high frequent skill spam as you can quickly stack up and maintain the Crit Rate buff easily.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Keen Blunt Weapon* requires a high Crit stat to make use of its bonus. at least 60% Crit Rate for minimum efficiency.
- Raid Captain is a strong engraving for Machinists as you can easily maintain max movement speed easily with Quickness and you have 30% movement speed bonus during Hypersync mode.
- Barricade is also another strong choice of engraving for this build since you are permanently shielded during Hypersync mode.
- Stabilized Status is a budget engraving and also an effective damage increase engraving for this build due to having shield up the majority of the time.
- Hit Master is a usable engraving but it's not the most optimal as Echelon Beam won't be affected by it and it is 1 of your higher damage contribution skill when you Front Attack with it.
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase without needing specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Cursed Doll* is an easy Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engravings Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
Ancient Accessories Phase Options
Relic Accessories Phase Options
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
Early Tier 3
1340 -1414 gearscore
Erupting Waves Set
Piercing Gaze Set
Craft any combination of the legendary gear sets listed above and try to push to 1415 as soon as possible.
Tier 3 Legion Raid Set
The name of your set will change with every higher tier gearset you acquire, but the set effect will remain the same. Look for the keyword of your set when recrafting it so you don't easily get lost.(e.g Entropy, Hallucination etc)
Recommended Sidereal Unity Effects for your Neo Skyline MK3 are Thirain and Balthorr.
Check out the Sidereal Weapon Guide for more details.
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommend pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
|Command: Raid Missile||Wealth|
|Command: Baby Drones||Wealth|
- Bleed works best on skills with low cooldown the apply it almost permanently.
- Galewind should be applied on almost all your damage skills to speed up their animation faster.
- Wealth is paired with Command: Raid Missile and Command: Baby Drones as they are your highest Identity Gauge generators.
- Rage is to help speed up your next skills if it procs as a lot of skills have lots of animation time and it works well as you'll always use Comet Strike to combo with Laser Blade and Echelon Beam.
- Purify can be slotted on any skill just for the chance of removing a debuff.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction, or buff that they provide.
For more information on how to add equipment Skill Tree and how to get them, please visit our Skill Tree System Guide.
|Command: Baby Drones||Enhanced Self-destruct|
Core Energy Supply
|Command: Raid Missile||Core Energy Charge|
Weak Point Detection
|Command: Flare Beam||Enhanced Laser|
Core Energy Charge
|Energy Buster||Flame Buster|
|Mobile Shot||Solid Maneuver|
|Annihilation Mode||Swift Preparation|
Core Energy Charge
|Fiery Escape||Excellent Mobility|
The only important skill tree nodes are Core Energy Supply nodes , since most of your damage are done during Hypersync mode.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommended sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Budget Card Set 2
This card set does not replace Light of Salvation set or Kazero's Legion Commanders set, but it can be use if you're new to the game and has set to get your Light of Salvation/Kazero's Legion Commanders set +18 or +30 yet.
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Evolutionary Legacy Machinist uses high Specialization stats class to increase their damage during Hypersync mode and the engraving further enhance the spammy gameplay.
- During Hypersync mode, make sure to press Q to combo with E or R to enhance the skills.
- It is highly recommended to try to Front Attack for 20% damage increase with Echelon Beam.
- Breaking your shield during Hypersync mode automatically kicks you out of the mode and that is a massive DPS loss.
- Raid Captain and Barricade works really well with Evolutionary Legacy Machinist as you have 30% movement speed and shielded with 60% of your maximum Health Pool during Hypersync mode.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Starlast