Raid Skill Build
Gameplay and Skill Rotations
Start out the fight immediately with Air Strike and you should have max identity gauge to instantly get into Hypersync mode but if you miss a couple of shots or after the 1st transformation expires use these skills to fill out your Identity Gauge as soon as possible:
Note : with at least 1500 Specialization and 2 Level 3 and a Level 2 or 1 Level 5 Core Energy Supply skill nodes upgraded, you just need to use the 3 skill below to fill up max Identity Gauge after the 1st transform.
- Command: Raid Missile
- Command: Baby Drones
- Command: Flare Beam
If you missed any of the skills above or do not have Core Energy Supply upgraded yet continue with the skills below:
- Energy Buster
- Annihilation Mode
You can tap Fiery Escape to shield yourself during the transformation animation.
Annihilation Mode is not a priority skill to max and is best used to dump extra skill points into. Your main priority should be high levels of Core Energy Supply nodes and Specialization for this build. If you must use this skill, use this version of the skill Annihilation Mode to not get animation locked. This skill however is best used as a mobbing tool.
In short , During Hypersync mode all you really need to do is press Q(Comet Strike) before you press E(Laser Blade) or R(Echelon Beam) while weaving other skills that are off cooldown, but if you want to be slightly more optimal there are the rotations below.
Keynotes: Laser Blade gets boosted with 20% damage after using Spacebar(Thruster Move) and Q(Comet Strike).While Echelon Beam gets speed up from Spacebar and Q, It is recommended to Front Attack with Echelon Beam for the bonus 20% damage increase.
- Q - Comet Strike
- W - Slugshot
- E - Laser Blade
- R - Echelon Beam
- A - Surge Blow
- S - Crimson Breaker
Evolutionary Legacy Machinist focuses on high Specialization stats to increase their damage during Hypersync mode and also increases Identity Gauge gain to get back into Hypersync mode quicker. You need at least 1771 Specialization stats and Level 5 Core Energy Supply on both Command: Baby Drones and Command: Raid Missile to be able to get full Identity Gauge with 2 skills after the 1st transformation, assuming you don't have to un-transform early.
- High Specialization Build: You want to have Specialization stats on all accessories and only Crit from Necklace.
Class Engravings provide powerful stat boosts that dictate the playstyle of a class. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Evolutionary Legacy is the core of this build as it grants you a damage buff every time you use a skill stacking up to 3 times during Hypersync mode and each time you use a skill during Hypersync mode, other Hypersync skills gets 0.5 sec cooldown reduction.
- Adrenaline synergizes well with the high frequent skill spam as you can quickly stack up and maintain the Crit Rate buff easily.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Keen Blunt Weapon* requires a high Crit stat to make use of its bonus. at least 60% Crit Rate for minimum efficiency.
- Raid Captain is a strong engraving for Machinists as you can easily maintain max movement speed easily with Quickness and you have 30% movement speed bonus during Hypersync mode.
- Barricade is also another strong choice of engraving for this build since you are permanently shielded during Hypersync mode.
- Stabilized Status is a budget engraving and also an effective damage increase engraving for this build due to having shield up the majority of the time.
- Hit Master is a usable engraving but it's not the most optimal as Echelon Beam won't be affected by it.
Note: The Advanced Engravings are the Best in Slot setup for Tier 3 content. The penalties attached to these can be hard to overcome for new players. Only use the following engravings if you are experienced with the boss fight!
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase without needing specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Cursed Doll* is an easy Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engravings Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
Standard - 7/7 stone
Standard - 9/7 stone options
Alternative - 7/7 stone
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
- If speedrunning your alts, you can skip Abyss Dungeon Gear up to 1370 gearscore by just honing Chaos Dungeon Gear.
- If you're close to 1445 gearscore and were already doing Valtan/Vykas Normal Mode, you can skip crafting the Legendary Legion Raid Gears.
- If you have already crafted Relic Gears, hold onto them because once you unlock the Gear Set Conversion feature, you will be able to freely swap between Relic Legion Raid Sets.
"Play at your own pace" Route
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommend pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction, or buff that they provide.
For more information on how to add equipment Skill Tree and how to get them, please visit our Skill Tree System Guide.
The only important skill tree nodes are Core Energy Supply nodes , since most of your damage are done during Hypersync mode.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommended sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Damage Card Set
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Evolutionary Legacy Machinist uses high Specialization stats class to increase their damage during Hypersync mode and the engraving further enhance the spammy gameplay.
- During Hypersync mode, make sure to press Q to combo with E or R to enhance the skills.
- It is highly recommended to try to Front Attack for 20% damage increase with Echelon Beam.
- Breaking your shield during Hypersync mode automatically kicks you out of the mode and that is a massive DPS loss.
- Raid Captain and Barricade works really well with Evolutionary Legacy Machinist as you have 30% movement speed and shielded with 60% of your maximum Health Pool during Hypersync mode.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Starlast