Machinists are a sustain DPS class which rains down constant missiles and explosions while making a swiss cheese out of your targets with hailing down barrage of rapid fire shots from your SMG then finally toasting them with Particle Accelerators made with Arthetine cutting edge technology.
In this article we will cover Arthetinean Skill Machinists which focuses their damage from their Drone Skills and Joints Skills. Joints Skills are skills where they simultaneously attack with their drone. They do not rely on Hypersync for damage but can be used for safety purposes
Arthetinean Skill Machinists command their drone to deal massive damage while weaving in their SMG skills at the same time to do a high amount of damage in a short period of time. However, if using an SMG is too old school for you, swap them out for more drone powered skills. Use your left Shift to command your drone around. If you lost track of your drone you can recall it with your Identity Button 2(Default Key Bind: X).
If drones and guns are your cup of tea, then get armed and ready for Arthetinean Skill Machinists.
Raid Skill Build
- Command: Final Explosion is the Awakening of choice for this build as Identity Gauge gain from Air Strike is not needed.
- Overcharged Battery is your party synergy Attack Power buff skill, so remember to keep applying it whenever it's off cooldown.
- Mobile Shot is one of your important skill not only for Mobility but it also allows you to cancel out from every skills animation except Command: Baby Drones to link into your next combo. It also provides a movement speed buff to synergize with Raid Captain.
- Avalanche is your Counter skill with a built-in mini dash for the 1st hit which you can use for mobility.
- Command: Baby Drones, Command: Raid Missile, Annihilation Mode and Energy Buster are your main damage skills that gets boosted by Arthetinean Skill.
- Strategic Fire is a good damage skill used to combo with the Drone Skills(Blue Skills).
- Command: Carpet is a strong 8th skill option to replace Strategic Fire but can be difficult because of Battery cost and the range of the skill shot.
- Command: Flare Beam can be an option as well for the 8th skill slot. It does decent damage, comparable to Strategic Fire but you might have some Battery resource management difficulty after a few rotations.
- Command: Baby Drones 1st skill tree node can be switched to Enhanced Self-destruct for faster start-up to combo with another skill smoothly but it will deal less damage.
- Identity Button 2(Default Key bind: X) is used for recalling your drone when it is misplaced. You can also recall your drone while casting a Normal Skill(Yellow Skills), Joint Skills(Purple Skills) will automatically recall the drone. Just a side note, recalling your drone early also cancels out any skill the drone is casting.
- You can use the Shift Key to move your drone to squeeze in more DPS in situations where you can't stay still to use other skills, such as positioning your drone for using Command: Carpet to get the most of the hits for maximum potential damage due to it's forward moving sequence.
- Keep in mind that you can't cast a Blue Skill while using any other skills, So you should always cast a Blue Skill first before using any Yellow Skills to increase your DPS output since you can cast a Yellow Skill while your drone is still attacking.
- Apply Fighting Spirit Enh. with Overcharged Battery whenever it's off cooldown to maintain the 6% Attack Power team synergy buff while also increasing your damage output.
- It is important to keep Quickness up permanently with Mobile Shot to synergize with Raid Captain damage increase, you'll be weaving this skill in the middle of damage rotations to cancel specific skills animation while maintaining the movement speed buff.
- Avalanche is your only Counter skill. Try to prioritize using this skill as a damaging skill in group content if you don't need to counter as much.
- Hypersync is mainly used during raid downtime or survival.
- Overcharged Battery
- Command: Raid Missile
- Mobile Shot 1st dash (you can use this skill early for dodging mechanics, animation cancelling Command: Raid Missile)
- Annihilation Mode
- Mobile Shot 2nd dash
- Command: Baby Drones
- Strategic Fire or Command: Carpet or Command: Flare Beam
- Energy Buster
After the opener, Purple Skills won't align perfectly with the rest of the rotation, but make sure to combo the Blue Skills and Yellow Skills then use any Purple Skills that comes off cooldown.
Conviction and Judgment can be paired on any of the multi-hit skills sequences due to the inconsistent rotation after the 1st cycle.
Arthetinean Skill Machinist main stats are Crit and Swiftness to optimize damage without sacrificing a skill tree node for Crit Rate, movement speed to synergize with Raid Captain and cooldown reduction for more frequent skills usage.
Pre - Relic accessories and gear sets
- Critical Build: Have Crit on all accessories and only Swiftness from the necklace. Getting 700-800 Swiftness with at least 1300-1400 Crit is unlikely at this stage, hence it is better to focus on Crit to maximize Crit Rate until you are transitioning to Relic accessories and gears.
Post - Relic accessories and gear sets
- Standard Crit/Swiftness Build: Get 1200-1300 Crit(before accounting pet) and 700-800 Swiftness from either a ring or earring. This setup will help you maximize Raid Captain synergy and helps compensate for some attack speed from Mass Increase penalty. This will also give you more cooldown reduction to use your skills more often. In the future with Bracelets, you can get your Crit up to 1400-1500 and Swiftness to 800-900.
- Critical Build: Have Crit on all accessories and only Swiftness from the necklace. This build is paired with Dominion Fang Set to get some cooldown reduction back from the set effect but you do need to use Awakening to keep the buff up. This is usually a budget build(depending on your region market pricing) since you can cheap out some accessories with Awakening pairing.
- All-Around Build: Split 50/50 of Crit and Swiftness. This build is paired with Shrieking Hallucination Set to fix your Crit Rate. You also benefit from a ton of cooldown reduction with the high Swiftness but this could also be a con depending on skill build choices you might have major Battery resource management issues.
Bracelets provide beneficial effects to yourself or to your party members depending on the rolls.
Note: Bracelets should not be your top priority to optimize since it'll be much more efficient to optimize your other gear first. Bracelets are costly! So slowly build towards a Main Stat and a Sub Stat. Anything else is extra!
Check out the Bracelet Guide for more details.
Possible Special Effects to Roll:
Combat Stats(Swiftness + Crit)
Class Engravings provide powerful stat boosts that dictate the playstyle of a class. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Arthetinean Skill increases your Drone and Joint skills damage. depending on engraving points availability, this engraving can be used at just Level 1 or can be used at Level 3 setups as well.
- Adrenaline helps give all the Crit Rate needed for this build to optimize your damage without sacrificing major damage skill tree nodes. But you do not need this engraving if you are going for high Crit stacking with low Swiftness.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Keen Blunt Weapon* requires a high Crit stat to make use of its bonus.
- Raid Captain is a good engraving for Machinist since they can achieve high movement speed easily from Mobile Shot's Quickness , Reload Buff and Swiftness stats.
- Awakening is only used when pairing with Dominion Fang Set.
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase without needing specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Increases Mass* increases Attack Power with a penalty of 10% reduced Attack Speed. The penalty can be offset by Mobile Shot's Quickness , Reload Buff and Poem of Salvation Set.
- Cursed Doll* is an easy Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engravings Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
Ancient Accessories Phase Standard Option
Relic Accessories Phase Options
Ancient Accessories Phase - Only Swiftness from Necklace Option
Dominion Fang Set Option
(*) Have it at Level 2 when you are still at Relic grade accessories.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
Early Tier 3
1340 -1414 gearscore
Erupting Waves Set
Piercing Gaze Set
Craft any combination of the legendary gear sets listed above and try to push to 1415 as soon as possible.
Tier 3 Legion Raid Set
(Budget build with Awakening)
(All-round 50/50 stats split build)
The name of your set will change with every higher tier gearset you acquire, but the set effect will remain the same. Look for the keyword of your set when recrafting it so you don't easily get lost.(e.g Entropy, Hallucination etc)
Recommended Sidereal Unity Effects for your Neo Skyline MK3 are Thirain and Balthorr.
Check out the Sidereal Weapon Guide for more details.
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommend pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
|Command: Baby Drones||Bleed|
|Command: Raid Missile||Overwhelm|
|Mobile Shot||Quick Recharge|
|Command: Flare Beam*||Quick Recharge|
|Command: Carpet*||Quick Recharge|
- Bleed works best on skills with low cooldown to keep it up frequent through out the raid.
- Galewind is applied on most of the skills needed to help with speeding up it's casting like Energy Buster, Annihilation Mode and Strategic Fire.
- Judgment and Conviction is recommended to help manage Battery resource and also helps with cooldown reduction to cast your skills more frequent but you only need to use 1 rune each as they have internal 30 second cooldown.
- Quick Recharge helps you with a chance of reducing the overall cooldown of skills.
- Purify can be slotted on any skill just for the chance of removing a debuff.
- Overwhelm helps increase Stagger damage done from skills, but it's mostly used as an alternative if the other runes are not available.
(*) Optional skill choices.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction, or buff that they provide.
For more information on how to add equipment Skill Tree and how to get them, please visit our Skill Tree System Guide.
|Avalanche||Zero Degree Aim(Optional depending if you are using Strategic Fire*)|
|Command: Baby Drones||Precise Command|
|Command: Raid Missile||Battery Discharge|
Weak Point Detection
|Annihilation Mode||Battery Saving Mode(Don't have to max this out if you are using Command: Carpet*)|
|Mobile Shot||Quick Prep|
|Strategic Fire*||Swift Fingers|
|Command: Flare Beam*||Enhanced Laser|
|Command: Carpet*||Battery Saving Mode|
Weak Point Detection
(*) Optional skill choices.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Command: Baby Drones
Command: Raid Missile
*Command: Flare Beam
Command: Baby Drones
Command: Raid Missile
*Command: Flare Beam
(*) Choose a skill of your preference.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommended sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Budget Card Set 2
This card set does not replace Light of Salvation set or Kazero's Legion Commanders set, but it can be use if you're new to the game and has set to get your Light of Salvation/Kazero's Legion Commanders set +18 or +30 yet.
Optimal Damage vs Kayangel Gate2-4 and Sonavel
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Arthetinean Skill Machinist is a sustain DPS build that does most of his damage in his default normal state with his Drone and Joint skills.
- You can manipulate drone position with Identity Button 2(Default Key bind: X) to recall the drone and some Joint skills does that as well. Furthermore, you can use Shift key to manually position your drone.
- Your drone does not have a hitbox or health bar, so you can maneuver your drone into obscure positions to maintain your DPS uptime with Drone skills.
- Hypersync mode does not have a purpose for this build in terms of damage but you can use it to help giving yourself some assurance during raid bosses forced down time phases/mechanics where you can't damage them with the massive shield during the transformed state for survivability.
- Arthetinean Skill in most cases only needs to be lv1 as you can gain more damage increase with having higher level Battle Engravings.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Starlast