Raid Skill Build
- Command: Carpet is a strong 8th skill option to replace Strategic Fire but can be difficult because of Battery cost and the range of the skill shot.
- Command: Flare Beam can be an option as well for the 8th skill slot as it does decent amount of damage comparable to Strategic Fire but similar to Command: Carpet you'll have Battery resource management difficulty after a few rotations.
- Command: Baby Drones 1st skill tree node can be switched to Vital Point Attack for faster start-up to combo with another skill smoothly but it will deal lesser damage.
- Identity Button 2(Default Key bind: X) is used for recalling your drone when it is misplaced. You can also recall your drone while casting a Normal Skill(Yellow Skills), Joint Skills(Purple Skills) will automatically recall the drone. Just a side note, recalling your drone early also cancels out any skill the drone is casting.
- You can use the Shift Key to move your drone to squeeze in more DPS in situations where you can't stay still to use other skills, such as positioning your drone for using Command: Carpet to get the most of the hits for maximum potential damage due to it's forward moving sequence.
- Keep in mind that you can't cast a Blue Skill while using any other skills, So you should always cast a Blue Skill first before using any Yellow Skills to increase your DPS output since you can cast a Yellow Skill while your drone is still attacking.
- Apply Fighting Spirit Enh. with Overcharged Battery whenever it's off cooldown to maintain the 6% Attack Power team synergy buff while also increasing your damage output.
- It is important to keep Quickness up permanently with Mobile Shot to synergize with Raid Captain damage increase, you'll be weaving this skill in the middle of damage rotations to cancel specific skills animation while maintaining the movement speed buff.
- Avalanche is your only Counter skill. Try to prioritize using this skill as a damaging skill in group content if you don't need to counter as much.
- Hypersync is mainly used during raid downtime or survival.
- Overcharged Battery
- Command: Raid Missile
- Mobile Shot 1st dash (you can use this skill early for dodging mechanics, otherwise it is for canceling previous step animations)
- Annihilation Mode
- Mobile Shot 2nd dash
- Command: Baby Drones
- Strategic Fire or Command: Carpet
- Energy Buster
The rotation from here on the Purple Skills won't be align perfectly with the rest of the rotations, but make sure to combo the Blue Skills and Yellow Skills then use any Purple Skills that comes off cooldown.
Conviction and Judgment can be paired on any of the multi-hit skills sequences due to rotation is not consistent after the 1st cycle, but it is a useful rune combination for managing Battery resource and bonus cooldown reduction for any skills that are up for the time being.
Arthetinean Skill Machinist main stats are Crit and Swiftness to optimize damage without sacrificing a skill tree node for Crit Rate, movement speed to synergize with Raid Captain and cooldown reduction for more frequent skills usage.
Pre - Relic accessories and gear sets
- Critical Build: Have Crit on all accessories and only Swiftness from the necklace. Getting 700-800 Swiftness with at least 1300-1400 Crit is unlikely at this stage, hence it is better to focus on Crit to maximize Crit Rate until you are transitioning to Relic accessories and gears.
Post - Relic accessories and gear sets
- Standard Crit/Swiftness Build: Get 1200-1300 Crit(before accounting pet) and 700-800 Swiftness from either a ring or earring. This setup will help you maximize Raid Captain synergy and helps compensate for some attack speed from Mass Increase penalty. This will also give you more cooldown reduction to use your skills more often. In the future with Bracelets, you can get your Crit up to 1400-1500 and Swiftness to 800-900.
- Critical Build: Have Crit on all accessories and only Swiftness from the necklace. This build is paired with Dominion Fang Set to get some cooldown reduction back from the set effect but you do need to use Awakening to keep the buff up. This is usually a budget build(depending on your region market pricing) since you can cheap out some accessories with Awakening pairing.
- All-Around Build: Split 50/50 of Crit and Swiftness. This build is paired with Shrieking Hallucination Set to fix your Crit Rate. You also benefit from a ton of cooldown reduction with the high Swiftness but this could also be a con depending on skill build choices you might have major Battery resource management issues.
Class Engravings provide powerful stat boosts that dictate the playstyle of a class. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Arthetinean Skill increases your Drone and Joint skills damage. depending on engraving points availability, this engraving can be used at just Level 1 or can be used at Level 3 setups as well.
- Adrenaline helps give all the Crit Rate needed for this build to optimize your damage without sacrificing major damage skill tree nodes. But you do not need this engraving if you are going for high Crit stacking with low Swiftness.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Keen Blunt Weapon* requires a high Crit stat to make use of its bonus.
- Raid Captain is a good engraving for Machinist since they can achieve high movement speed easily from Mobile Shot's Quickness , Reload Buff and Swiftness stats.
- Awakening is only used when pairing with Dominion Fang Set.
Note: The Advanced Engravings are the Best in Slot setup for Tier 3 content. The penalties attached to these can be hard to overcome for new players. Only use the following engravings if you are experienced with the boss fight!
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase without needing specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Increases Mass* increases Attack Power with a penalty of 10% reduced Attack Speed. The penalty can be offset by Mobile Shot's Quickness , Reload Buff and Poem of Salvation Set.
- Cursed Doll* is an easy Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engravings Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
Standard - 7/7 stone
Standard - 9/7 stone
Alternative - Dominion Fang Set
Alternative - 9/7 stone Only Swiftness from Necklace Option
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
- If speedrunning your alts, you can skip Abyss Dungeon Gear up to 1370 gearscore by just honing Chaos Dungeon Gear.
- If you're close to 1445 gearscore and were already doing Valtan/Vykas Normal Mode, you can skip crafting the Legendary Legion Raid Gears.
- If you have already crafted Relic Gears, hold onto them because once you unlock the Gear Set Conversion feature, you will be able to freely swap between Relic Legion Raid Sets.
"Play at your own pace" Route
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommend pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
(*) Optional skill choices.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction, or buff that they provide.
For more information on how to add equipment Skill Tree and how to get them, please visit our Skill Tree System Guide.
(*) Optional skill choices.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommended sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Damage Card Set
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Arthetinean Skill Machinist is a sustain DPS build that does most of his damage in his default normal state with his Drone and Joint skills.
- You can manipulate drone position with Identity Button 2(Default Key bind: X) to recall the drone and some Joint skills does that as well. Furthermore, you can use Shift key to manually position your drone.
- Your drone does not have a hitbox or health bar, so you can maneuver your drone into obscure positions to maintain your DPS uptime with Drone skills.
- Hypersync mode does not have a purpose for this build in terms of damage but you can use it to help giving yourself some assurance during raid bosses forced down time phases/mechanics where you can't damage them with the massive shield during the transformed state for survivability.
- Arthetinean Skill in most cases only needs to be lv1 as you can gain more damage increase with having higher level Battle Engravings.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Starlast
Slight adjustment to Rotations for clarity. Rearranged Conviction and Judgement rune placement on Skill Build section.