Check out the Pistoleer Deadeye for an alternative Deadeye playstyle.
Raid Skill Build
- Enforce Execution can be used to reposition or Counter Attack.
- Bursting Flare is the preferred Awakening as it has more Stagger damage and range than Clay Bombardment. Bursting Flare requires you land all shots to do full damage.
- Last Request 2nd skill tree node can be switched with Massive Explosion when you are more experienced with the boss encounter. This will grant more damage at the cost of losing the gap closer and fast start-up time of the skill.
- Instead of putting the 4 leftover skill points into your pistol skills, you can invest them in rifle skills like Spiral Flame, Catastrophe, or Perfect Shot.
- Clay Bombardment can be used over Bursting Flare as a melee Awakening skill. Its startup animation is faster if you aim directly behind you.
- For Cruel Tracker's Tier 3 Skill Tree, you have two choices. The first choice is Quick Draw which makes hitting the target easier with the faster projectiles. On the other hand, Explosive Bullet provides a slight increase in damage but with a slower projectile. This can be troublesome when used at range on bosses that move frequently.
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
Prioritize Shotgun skills as they do the most damage. They only do full damage when you are right next to the boss, and do less damage the further away you are. Deadeye Shotgun skills also need to Back Attack for +10% Crit Rate and +5% Damage.
- Pistol Stance is your default starting mode. Stay in this stance when you need to dodge any boss attacks or reposition with Enforce Execution, Somersault Shot and Dexterous Shot. Try to save Spacebar for canceling your long animation skills.
- Debuff your target with Weakness Exposure from Spiral Tracker or AT02 Grenade.
- If necessary, use Dexterous Shot to reposition closer to the back of the target.
- Deal damage while you have Weakness Exposure applied to the target and Enhanced Weapon active from changing stance. You only have 6-8 seconds after applying Weakness Exposure to use damage skills. Prioritize skills that aren't on cooldown in this order:
- Swap to Shotgun Stance to use Last Request, Shotgun Dominator, Shotgun Rapid Fire and Sign of Apocalypse.
- Swap to Pistol Stance (or stay if already there) to use Quick Shot, Cruel Tracker and Equilibrium.
- Swap to Rifle Stance to use Perfect Shot, Spiral Flame, Catastrophe and Triple Explosion. Since Triple Explosion has an ammo-charge system where you can stack uses. Because of this, you can use it to weave in between your other skills.
- Once Weakness Exposure ends, swap back to Pistol Stance to reapply it. This brings you back to the beginning of the rotation.
Note: If you have Conviction on Spiral Tracker and Judgment on Equilibrium, wait for the first rune to activate before consuming it with the second rune. There is a chance that it doesn't activate or is on cooldown (30 seconds), in which case just continue the rotation.
Tier 1 and 2
Enhanced Weapon Deadeyes aim for +605 Specialization (55%) as their main stat. It helps boost damage of Shotgun skills and Crit Damage of Pistol skills. Players can choose either to get +495 Crit or Swiftness (45%) as their secondary stat. Acquire Earrings with Specialization and Rings with Crit or Swiftness.
In Tier 3, Deadeyes will prioritize Specialization stats from all accessories and with Crit or Swiftness only coming from your necklace.
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that dictate the playstyle of a class. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Enhanced Weapon only needs to be Level 1, since additional Levels offer marginal Crit Rate compared to the Damage Increase from other Level 3 Battle Engravings.
- Master of Ambush compliments Deadeye well, because you are already Back Attacking with your Shotgun.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Adrenaline provides an additional source of Crit Rate and Attack Power. It is fairly easy to upkeep since you can spam your Pistol skills. It's recommended that you use this Engraving if you took Swiftness as a secondary stats from your necklace to help fix your low Crit Rate.
- Spirit Absorption provides a hefty amount of Attack Speed and Movement Speed to help speed up skill casting and maneuvering around comfortably. This is recommended when you took Crit as secondary stats from the necklace but it is optional depending on your preference if you are fine with the slower actions.
- Keen Blunt Weapon* complements Enhanced Weapon.
Note: The Advanced Engravings are the Best in Slot setup for Tier 3 content. The penalties attached to these can be hard to overcome for new players. Only use the following engravings if you are experienced with the boss fight!
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase without needing specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Cursed Doll* is a significant Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
The following are the optimal Tier 1 sets for this class.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
- If speedrunning your alts, you can skip Abyss Dungeon Gear up to 1370 gearscore by just honing Chaos Dungeon Gear.
- If you're close to 1445 gearscore and were already doing Valtan/Vykas Normal Mode, you can skip crafting the Legendary Legion Raid Gears.
- If you have already crafted Relic Gears, hold onto them because once you unlock the Gear Set Conversion feature, you will be able to freely swap between Relic Legion Raid Sets.
"Play at your own pace" Route
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommend parings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Optional Card Set
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Shotgun skills are the bread and butter of a Deadeye. Use Pistol and Rifle skills as filler while waiting for Shotgun skills to come off cooldown.
- Deadeye is practically a melee class. Shotgun skills do the most damage while up close and behind your target.
- Keep up Weakness Exposure debuff for all allies Spiral Tracker or AT02 Grenade.
- Focus on Specialization for more damage as you get Crit Rate from Enhanced Weapon.
- Use Master of Ambush as you already need to Back Attack with Shotgun skills.
Written by Rei
Edited by Yaen
Reviewed by Lexyu
Updated Pros and Cons section. Added "Massive Explosion" recommendation on alternatives.
Adjusted Gearsets section to include Vykas parts.