Welcome to the Diablo 4 Tornado Druid leveling guide! The Druid is a master of all powers of nature, conjuring Tornadoes, Landslides and Lightning Storms. Transforming into a Werewolf or Werebear is another way you can approach the Druid, focusing on Shred or Pulverize.
This leveling guide focuses on Tornado, reviving the old days of Diablo 2! You send twisters towards your enemies, which deal damage repeatedly. Earthen Bulwark, Wolves and Trample provide great utility in the form of defenses and mobility. They are only one-pointers, leaving us a lot of room to experiment with different passives!
Before we jump into the guide, you may be wondering what you should be doing in the Beta to power up. Let's go over the activities in detail that will get you as powerful as possible.
- Complete the Act 1 Campaign (the Yellow quests). This will teach you the story and take you around Sanctuary. You should be level 12 by the end of it if you skip every other activity along the way.
- Complete the first 3 levels of Renown. Renown is your fame in Diablo 4 that has massive rewards. You can complete the first 3 levels in the Beta since the others are locked by higher difficulties. This means you should be spamming Dungeons, Side Quests, Altars of Lilith and Strongholds. Also don't forget to uncover the entire map and activate every Waypoint!
- Kill Ashava, the World Boss. She spawns 9 times during the Server Slam. Here are some critical tips:
- Her Circular Wing Swipe Attack is deadly. The best way to avoid it (even for ranged characters) is to get right next to her as she does it. This is telegraphed by her holding her wing up in front of her face right before she spins twice.
- She is level 25, so you cannot contribute to the fight if you are under leveled. This world boss only allows 12 people to fight her, so if you show up as a level 10, people will hate you, and you won't be able to earn the Cry of Ashava mount trophy. Don't engage her until you are level 20.
- Craft a Poison Resist Elixir before you fight her to make the fight easier!
- Go Explore and Have Fun. Explore the world and look for events. Make an alt and try another build. Go back to some of your favorite dungeons and look for more Legendaries. Do whatever you see fit and have fun!
Warning: You can only complete 33/35 Side Quests (32/35) if you're not willing to farm for dropped Side Quest starting items) and 22/23 Dungeons in this Beta. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO GET THEM ALL, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T!
Getting Started (Levels 2-3, 2 Skill Points)
To start off we have to put 2 points into Basic Skills to unlock the other sections. Wind Shear is our choice because it grants additional Spirit after hitting enemies once we allocate Wild Wind Shear, which is the best Spirit generation have access to for a while.
Level 2: Wind Shear
Level 3: Enhanced Wind Shear
Unlocking Tornado (Levels 4-7, 4 Skill Points)
Tornado is the centerpiece of this build. It creates little twisters that path in the direction you aim. They are hit or miss, but they are the best option for area damage. Their high Spirit costs are a bit of a problem early on, but we have a great Basic Skill in Wind Shear that deals decent damage to multiple targets and granting Spirit as well.
Level 4: Tornado
Level 5: Enhanced Tornado
Level 6: Primal Tornado
Level 7: Wild Wind Shear
Adding Damage, Defenses & Utility (Levels 8-16, 9 Skill Points)
Continue to increase your damage output by maxing out Tornado.
Now it is time to get some defenses and utility. Earthen Bulwark is your "get out of jail" free card. This ability creates a barrier to absorb damage and the Enhanced Earthen Bulwark makes you Unstoppable (Immune to Crowd Control Effects) which will be usable while crowd controlled to break free!
Nature's Reach is a powerful passive that increases your damage to Distant enemies. Its effect is doubled from the Primal Tornado passive.
Level 8-11: Tornado
Level 12: Earthen Bulwark
Level 13: Enhanced Earthen Bulwark
Level 14: Nature's Reach
Level 15: Nature's Reach
Level 16: Nature's Reach
Mobility, Defenses, and Enhanced Damage (Levels 17-20 + Renown, 6 Skill Points)
Trample is the best mobility skill the Druid has to offer. With a 1 point investment, you unlock an ability to charge a small distance every 14 seconds! When using Trample, you become Unstoppable (Immune to Crowd Control Effects) for its duration.
Hurricane provides a great amount of Vulnerable, increasing your damage output drastically.
Level 17: Hurricane
Level 18: Trample
Level 19: Hurricane
Level 20: Enhanced Hurricane
Renown 1: Natural Hurricane
Renown 2: Elemental Exposure
Let us throw a few general hints your way to make life easier in the Beta:
- Level Up Your Potion. Many players don't know that you need to farm materials to upgrade your character's potion. Make sure you collect all materials as you explore Sanctuary, especially Gallowvine which is used in many recipes!
- Compare your Items... Literally. Press Shift over an item in your inventory to compare it to what you're wearing. This makes it easy to determine what is and isn't an upgrade.
- Renown is your Friend. While exploring, take time to gather Renown along the way. It has long-term benefits for your entire account, including more Skill/Paragon points and Potion charges. Renown is gained by activating Waypoints, finding Altars of Lilith, completing Side Quests/Dungeons and rescuing Strongholds.
- Don't Imprint Your Weapon. The most critical piece of gear while leveling up is your weapon, which gets replaced constantly. This makes imprinting a Legendary Aspect on it a waste of resources. Instead, put your best offensive Aspect on your Amulet, which can be used for a long time.
The build presented above gives the smoothest leveling experience and is overall best for any farming you might want to do after reaching level 25. However, there's still plenty of other builds that can clear all the content just fine without being the best.
Now the good news is that you can fully respec your Skill Tree for just 2,000 Gold, which is basically nothing. You can also use any of these builds from level one but costs you 1-2 extra hours to reach the max level.
Lightning Storm Druid Build
Lightning Storm is an attack with massive lightning damage for great AoE-clear. You need to use Lightning Storm every 4 seconds to avoid having to charge it back up. It is fairly limited in terms of single-target damage.
Landslide Druid Build
Landslide is a hard-hitting ability that has very limited AoE-coverage. This build excels at killing single-target monsters and sniping elites from a distance, stunning them frequently in the process. It might be hard to become super efficient on this build.
See You in the BETA!
The entire Maxroll team will be blasting all BETA long, so lets team up and purge Sanctuary of evil. Enjoy your first taste of the new chapter in Diablo and we'll see you in game! If you haven't already, head over to our Discord and select the D4 role in #roles to stay up to date with our content development. Sanctuary here we come!