Every class in Diablo 4 has a powerful, unique mechanic that contributes to its identity and the build-making process. For the Druid, it's called Spirit Boons, allowing you to choose one out of four passive bonuses from four different Spirits. Bonding with a Spirit allows you to select two Boons from it.
There are the four Spirits: Deer, Eagle, Snake, and Wolf.
The Deer Spirit focuses on utility, granting additional Spirit, Damage Reduction against Elites, or reduce Control Impairing Effects.
Gift of the Stag
The Eagle Spirit adds a ton of offensive capability to your Druid by adding Critical Strike Chance, Attacks Speed, or Critical Strike Damage. With additional Life as the final option, it can be hard to choose here.
The Wolf Spirit starts with 2 Lucky Hit abilities that either reset Companion Cooldowns, or grant 10 Spirit when procced. With his Fortify boost or the extension of Ultimate Skills, he can provide some utility as well.
The Snake Spirit doesn't trust humans. You have to unlock all its Boons at once. They add strong bonuses to specific build types, adding a guaranteed Overpower proc to Earth Skills, a static discharge procced by Lightning Skills, a 3% Heal when Shapeshifting Skills Critical Strike, or a chance to reduce Cooldowns by 2 seconds when using a Nature Magic Skill.
Calm Before the Storm
Druidic Spirit Offerings
Once you reach level 15, monsters start dropping Druidic Spirit Offerings. They are used to unlock the four Boons in Túr Dúlra.
When you unlock the system you get 25 Druidic Spirit Offerings as a reward. There are 16 Boons to unlock which each cost 25 Offerings. In total, you need 400 to unlock all of them.
Note: You have to unlock all 4 Boons of the Snake Spirit at once, so you need to collect 100 Druidic Spirit Offerings to gain access to its Boons.
Unlocking the Spirit Boons
Once you reach level 15, you automatically start the Priority Quest "Spirits of the Lost Grove". This short questline is required to unlock the Spirit Boon feature. You have to clear out the Stronghold Túr Dúlra before you can start it.
- The Druid's class specialization unlocks at level 15 with the "Spirits of the Lost Grove" questline beginning in Túr Dúlra.
- After finishing the questline, 4 Spirits with 4 Boons are available that need to be unlocked with Druidic Spirit Offerings.
- Boons can only be unlocked in the order shown above.
- You can bond with one of the Spirits, allowing you to select 2 Boons from it as passive bonuses. Interact with the Spirit of choice in Túr Dúlra to bond with it. You can always come back and bond with another Spirit.
- The other 3 Spirits allow you to select one Boon each.
- Boons can be swapped at any time, even mid-combat.
Check out our Druid Class Overview to learn all the details about Skills, Items, Legendaries and more.
Also take a look at the Barbarian's Arsenal System, the Necromancer's Book of the Dead, the Rogue Specialization and the Sorcerer's Enchantment Slots to learn about other classes.
Written by Teo1904
Reviewed by Jymnasium