Welcome to the Rive Void Knight build guide. This Void Knight joins the fray with Rive, engaging in pure melee combat and quickly moving around the map with Lunge. Brutally slash your enemies to pieces, while the echoes finish anything strong enough to survive the first cuts.
By speccing Rive with Flame Drinker's Blade, this build is able to turn stacks of Ignite into powerful Physical Penetration buffs. Use Anomaly, Volatile Reversal and Sigils Of Hope for the great buffs they provide.
Thanks to Jasper's Searing Pride, stacking Ignites is easy. The build can be played even without this Unique, but you will be missing out on a lot of damage. Aside from Jasper's Searing Pride, this setup can also take advantage of other Uniques. Titan Heart and Aurora's Time Glass provide amazing tankiness for the build, while Siphon of Anguish and Shattered Chains raise the Damage considerably.
Overall, the Rive Void Knight is an amazing build capable of defeating all the content in the game. It's fun to play and has very high single target DPS. If you are looking for a melee build that destroys bosses, this setup is perfect for you!
Sigils Of Hope
Easy To Play ✔
Great Boss Killer ✔
Amazing Single Target DPS ✔
Great Scaling With Gear & Uniques ✔
❌ Limited AoE
❌ Heavy Buff Management
❌ Unlocking Crit Requires a Legendary
❌ Melee Suffers Against Certain Enemies
Rive is your main Damage Skill. This setup focuses on maximizing its damage with Flame Drinker's Blade, Savagery and Ripples of Oblivion. Take Oppourtunist for the multiplicative Crit Chance. Foe Cleaver is a big damage boost, as it doubles the Damage stats of a two-handed weapon.
Alternative Skills & Tips
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives on the first half of all Masteries regardless of the one you chose.
- Armour Clad grants Damage Reduction and is crucial for any Sentinel's survivability.
- Juggernaut, Abyssal Endurance, Holy Icon and Defiance provide tons of Resistances. Use them as needed.
- Place at least 1 Point into Gladiator, Steel Aegis and Honour for the Block Chance.
- Echoing Strikes, Time Legion and Avatar of Regret are necessary for maximum Echo uptime.
- World Eater has enough leech to single handedly provide us with enough sustain.
- Eternal Form is a massive increase to our health and therefore our survivability.
- Void Corruption is an easy source of Critical Strike Multiplier for almost no investment.
- Finality provides a Cull, which is great for Bossing.
- Invest Points into Time and Faith for the mana gain based on your needs.
- Placing Points into Phoenix Strike is an option for extra Damage.
Make sure to complete the Campaign to get all your Passive Points.
Dive in while spamming Rive to wreak havoc on your enemies. Make sure you are familiar with enemy mechanics to know when to use your Support Skills to stay alive. Pay attention to the telegraphed attacks of your enemies and stay out of their range.
- Cast 4 Sigils Of Hope for their buffs.
- Lunge or Shield Rush towards enemy packs.
- Cast Anomaly and Volatile Reversal on top of enemies for their buffs and extra Damage.
- Spam Rive and destroy your enemies.
- Maintain 4 Sigils Of Hope at all times.
- Maintain Time Bubble with Anomaly at all times.
- Rush to the objective with Lunge or Shield Rush..
- Be careful not to backtrack when using Volatile Reversal.
- Group mobs before using Volatile Reversal to maximize its buffs.
- Take advantage of all your defensive buffs and keep them active.
- Use Volatile Reversal to ramp up your damage then spam Rive.
- Use Anomaly to maintain Time Bubble.
- Keep a Movement Skill off Cooldown for emergency situations or telegraphed Boss attacks.
- Use unspecced Rebuke to tank telegraphed Boss attacks.
Advanced Skill Tips
Learn more about how to maximize your gameplay in the Build Scaling section of this guide.
Gearing in Last Epoch revolves around finding Items and then using the powerful Crafting System to enhance them. As long as an Item has Forging Potential left, players can upgrade or modify their Affixes up to Tier 5. However, the powerful Exalted Tier Affixes are drop only and can't be modified by players.
Using the correct Item Bases allows you to make use of their amazing Implicits, this is fundamental for gearing efficiently. Combine Implicits, Passives, Idols and Blessings to cap your Resistances and other defensive layers, while fitting as much Health related Affixes or Endurance Threshold into your gear as possible. Plan ahead for your next upgrades and consider the final Blessings of your build while gearing. Finish up by farming Uniques with Legendary Potential and Sealing Affixes into Exalted Items to unleash all of your build's power!
Here are the Stat Goals for this build:
- Capped Resistances
- Capped Critical Strike Avoidance
- Capped Endurance
- 3000 - 4000+ Health
- 55% - 65%+ Armour Mitigation
- 70+ Strength
- 30% - 40%+ Block Chance (with Sigils Of Hope)
- 300%+ Critical Strike Multiplier
- 400% - 600%+ Increased Damage
- 100% Melee Critical Strike Chance
Upgrade your T20 set up with Exalted items, high value Sealed Affixes or ideally both. Obtain the Affixes included in the Planner, but prioritize the indicated Item Bases for their Implicits. Make sure to Seal highly efficient low tier Affixes.
Farm Jasper's Searing Pride with Legendary Potential. Getting Melee Critical Strike Chance on it is required to scale Crit. Since the Weapon is a common world drop and getting it with 1 LP is not too difficult, you can even craft it with T5 Melee Critical Strike Chance, which will be enough to unlock Crit.
Look for Shattered Chains with Legendary Potential. This Belt grants more Damage per stack of Doom and other valuable stats. Getting Ward and Ailment Cleansing on Potion Use on it is crucial. Farm it by killing the Shade of Orobyss at 120+ Corruption. At the same time, farm Siphon of Anguish with Legendary Potential.
Farm Titan Heart with Legendary Potential. This item provides a lot of %Health and Damage Reduction. Health Regen is disabled when using this item, but it's not a big downside for this build since it relies on Leech for sustain. Get at least Level of Rive on it.
Aurora's Time Glass is an excellent addition to this build for extra survivability, if you happen to find it.
Focus on finishing your Ornate Solar Idols with Increased Area With Rive And Forge Strike and Critical Strike Multiplier With Rive And Judgement Prefixes and either Chance To Shred Armor on Hit or Physical Resistance Suffixes. You also want Stout Lagonian Idols with %Health Prefix and Health Suffix. The Suffixes on these Idols can also have Resistances, use them as needed.
Learn the basics for crafting gear with our Beginner Crafting Guide.
Check our Unique Item & Set Farming Guide and learn how to get them!
Want to know more about Legendary Items? Check our Legendary Guide!
Completing a Timeline in the Monolith of Fate lets you choose one of several randomized Blessings from its unique pool. Their benefits are permanent and persist even outside of the Monolith of Fate.
Empowered Blessings are a fundamental part of all builds, so getting the correct ones for each is key.
The sooner you reach Empowered Monolith, the faster you can start farming your desired Blessings!
Normal Blessings are not important as they are eventually replaced by Empowered Blessings. However they can still be a great source of Resistances, Critical Strike Avoidance or Life Leech for your build early on.
Pick up these Normal Blessings on your way to Empowered:
- Echo of Solarum
- Winds of Oblivion
- Bastion of Divinity
- Survival of Might
- Persistance of Will
- Protection of Heorot
- Resolve of Grael
- Heart of the Caldera
- Body of Obsidian
- Embers of Immortality
Note: Don't target farm Normal Blessings. Get to Empowered Monolith as fast as you can.
Learn how to farm Blessings fast with our Advanced Monolith Strategies.
Idols grant your character bonuses when equipped in the dedicated Idol Container. Unlock all the slots of your Idol Container by completing the Campaign and some of its Side Quests. Remember that some Idols are Class specific and you won't be able to equip them with other non-compatible Classes.
These are the Idols recommended for this build:
- Get 2 Ornate Solar Idols with Increased Area With Rive And Forge Strike and Critical Strike Multiplier With Rive And Judgement Prefixes. Get Physical Resistance and Chance To Shred Armor on Hit Suffixes.
- You also want 2 Humble Eterran Idols with Vitality Prefix and Poison Resistance Suffix.
- Stout Lagonian Idols with well rolled %Health and Health will make a big difference on your health pool.
- Any additional space can be filled with Resistances, Health, Armour and Increased Stun Chance depending on your needs.
Other useful Idol Affixes
This Void Knight unleashes Rive on enemies, dealing high Physical and Fire Crit Damage. The build focuses on scaling Physical damage, and it also gets some Flat Fire Damage when using Jasper's Searing Pride. This build also has good survivability thanks to the multiple defensive layers it can take advantage of.
- Melee Flat Damage: This build focuses on scaling Physical Flat Damage, and it gets a ton of it thanks to the Foe Cleaver node doubling the Damage stats on a two-handed Weapon for Rive. Jasper's Searing Pride also provides some Flat Fire Damage with its Searing Blades buff.
- Ignite Chance: This Ailment provides a massive amount of Damage for this build. With the Flame Drinker's Blade node in Rive, Ignites are consumed and turned into Physical Penetration buffs. Jasper's Searing Pride provides all the Ignite Chance we need.
- Attack Speed: Attack faster for more Damage and Ailments.
- % Increased Damage: Anything that increases Physical Melee Damage is welcomed.
- Strength: Rive gains 4% Damage per point of Strength. Additionally it grants 4% Armour per point, which adds a nice defensive layer for the build.
- Critical Strike Chance: This build reaches high Crit Chance easily, as long as you have Melee Critical Strike Chance on your Weapon. Oppourtunist in Rive and Decimation in Anomaly provide absurd amounts of Crit Chance. The Grand Winds of Oblivion Blessing further helps with Crit.
- Critical Strike Multiplier: Increases the Damage your Crits deal. We get a lot of it from Void Corruption. Build as much as you can on your gear.
- Sigils Of Hope: They grant increased Damage in this setup.
- Volatile Reversal: The Harbinger of Dust Node applies a powerful debuff on your enemies that makes them take additional Damage.
- Level of Rive: This is a big boost to our damage since it allows us to invest in additional multipliers from the skill tree.
- Physical Resistance Shred: Since this build gets so much Physical Penetration from the Flame Drinker's Blade node, Physical Shred is not required. Resistance Shred and Penetration are additive with each other since they both reduce the resistance of the enemy.
- Armour Shred: Shredding Armor is good for all hit builds, but it is especially impactful for Physical. Getting Armour Shred stats on our Gloves, Idols and Helmet is a huge damage boost to the build.
- Doom: Granted by Siphon of Anguish, this Ailment greatly increases the Melee Damage taken by enemies. 4% per stack, maximum 4 stacks. Shattered Chains scales this further, with an extra 5% more Melee Damage per stack.
- Penetration: Flame Drinker's Blade grants a stacking buff for 3 seconds that provides 3% Physical Penetration per stack of Ignite consumed. This can result to over 300% Physical Penetration when Bossing.
- Finality: This passive provides a Cull. Great for Bossing.
Recommended End Game Activities
Last Epoch has multiple end game activities with completely different roles and rewards. All the builds in Maxroll.gg have been tested and are designed to complete all available content. However, not all builds excel at doing the same activities. Make sure you are familiar with the end game strengths and weaknesses of your character.
The Monolith of Fate is the main end game system. Most of your character gear upgrades are found here. Once you get all of your desired Empowered Blessings, you can start pushing Corruption to increase your chances at finding incredible Exalted Items. The Monolith of Fate rewards speedy builds that are able to target farm Echo Reward Nodes or stack Timeline Stability as fast as possible.
This Void Knight is a great Monolith of Fate farmer. It's mobile and has amazing single target DPS. Since it's also a fairly tanky build, it's an amazing setup for farming content in high Corruption.
Your goals in the Monolith of Fate will differ greatly depending on what build you play and what stage your character progression is at. Here are the objectives you should aim at when playing this build:
- Reach Empowered Monolith as fast as possible.
- Farm your Combat Empowered Blessings. Prioritize gaining Timeline Stability and fight the Timeline Bosses as often as possible. Once you are done with one Timeline, move to the next one. Reach 200 Corruption to farm your desired Blessings faster, as it unlocks a 5th option to choose from after you defeat a Timeline Boss. Defeat the Shade of Orobyss to gain and transfer Corruption between Timelines.
- Finish up the rest of your Drop Rate Empowered Blessings.
- Farm for key Uniques.
- As you farm for Uniques, stack Corruption as high as your gear can handle. The higher Corruption you do, the more Items you find. Get your character ready for the other end game activities.
Every time you choose an Echo a Modifier comes attached with it, adding difficulty and changing how enemies behave. These Modifiers stay active for a maximum of 6 Echoes and stack with each other. Some Modifiers can handicap your build immensely while others can almost be ignored. Monolith Modifiers scale with Corruption and increase the Item Rarity of Echoes. Ideally you want to do the hardest content possible, without delaying your clear times. Keep up Item Rarity as high as you can without it slowing you down.
- Enemy Critical Strike Chance (Once you have 100% Critical Strike Avoidance).
- Increased enemy Movement Speed.
- Rare enemies have high speed and crit chance until approached
- Rare enemies regenerate health
Avoid these Modifiers
- Enemy Critical Strike Avoidance.
- High health enemies take less damage.
- High health enemies deal increased damage.
- Enemy chance to Dodge.
- While bossing: enemies Enrage at half health and enemies gain Frenzy and Haste when hit.
Learn more about the Monolith of Fate with our Empowered Monolith Guide.
Loot Filters are critical in Last Epoch. Making sure you highlight all the related valuable Item Bases, Affixes, Uniques and Idols is crucial to ensure your character's progression. As your gear gets better, remember to hide the rules that are no longer useful to avoid screen clutter.
Here is the Endgame Loot Filter for this build:
Learn how to load and make Filters with our Loot Filter Guide.
Overall, the Rive Void Knight is a powerful warrior capable of defeating all the content in the game. While it's a fast mapper, the highlight of the build is the insane single target DPS, making it great for Bossing. The build also has great survivability thanks to its multiple defensive layers.
- Use Lunge or Shield Rush to charge across the battlefield.
- Spam Rive while boosting your Damage with Flame Drinker's Blade to destroy your enemies.
- Thanks to Jasper's Searing Pride, stacking Ignites is easy without any extra gear investment.
- Maintain 4 Sigils Of Hope and Time Bubble up at all times for the amazing buffs they provide.
- Use Volatile Reversal on top of enemies for extra Damage.
- While they are not mandatory, Siphon of Anguish, Shattered Chains, Titan Heart and Aurora's Time Glass are great Uniques that you want to get to scale the build to its full potential.
Written by Volca.
Reviewed by Facefoot, LizardIRL