Welcome to the Manifest Armor Forge Guard build guide. A colossal humanoid construct made of fire and metal follows the orders of its master and maker, fearlessly charging into battle. Use the power of the forge to summon Manifest Armor, a powerful minion capable of destroying entire armies on its own.
This Forge Guard build uses Shield Throw against its own Manifest Armor to make it perform additional melee AoE attacks. Cast Sigils Of Hope and Javelin to gain powerful buffs and use Void Cleave to further enhance your construct's single target DPS.
This setup doesn't require any Unique to function and performs great even without good gear. However, Items like Apathy's Maw, Ribbons of Blood and Suloron's Step are amazing for scaling the build.
Overall the Manifest Armor Forge Guard is really strong build perfect for beginner, as its capable of defeating all the content in the game with zero gear. While it lacks AoE clear and its mapping it's pretty slow, its single target DPS is capable of obliterating any Boss in seconds. If you are looking for a minion build that specializes in Boss killing, this setup is perfect for you!
Sigils Of Hope
Easy To Play ✔
Beginner Friendly ✔
Absurd Single Target DPS ✔
Insane Scaling With Gear & Uniques ✔
❌ Lacks AoE Clear
❌ Low Health Sustain
❌ Vulnerable To DoT Damage
❌ Minion AI Can Be Frustrating
Manifest Armor is a very unique Minion that scales with the stats in the player's Helmet, Body Armour, Gloves and Boots. Thanks to the Platemail, Steel Greaves and Great Helm Nodes this scaling property can be further amplified. Grab Titan Mace so the construct also gets stats from your Weapon.
Alternative Skills & Tips
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives on the first half of all Masteries regardless of the one you chose.
- Take all the Strength, Ignite Chance and Health related Nodes.
- Armour Clad grants Damage Reduction and is crucial for any Sentinel's survivability.
- Blademaster greatly boosts your Throwing Attack Speed.
- Juggernaut, Abyssal Endurance and Holy Symbol provide tons of Resistances.
- Folded Steel is a big part of the build's Damage.
- Might is a must have too boost your HP pool.
- Iron Attunement and Shield Crafter enhance your Manifest Armor's defense.
Make sure to complete the Campaign to get all your Passive Points.
This Forge Guard build uses Shield Throw against its own Manifest Armor to make it perform additional melee AoE attacks. Make sure you are familiar with enemy mechanics to know when to use your Support Skills to stay alive. Pay attention to their telegraphed attacks!
- Summon your Manifest Armor.
- Every few seconds, cast Sigils Of Hope until eventually reaching the 5 cap.
- Javelin into battle.
- Hit the Manifest Armor with Void Cleave for extra Damage.
- Command your Manifest Armor to charge specific enemies by using the "A" on your keyboard.
- Spam Shield Throw at your own Manifest Armor to destroy everything around it.
- Maintain 5 Sigils Of Hope up at all times.
- Rush to the objective with Javelin.
- Let the Manifest Armor deal with enemies as you walk around.
- Group mobs before stopping to hit your Manifest Armor with Shield Throw to maximize its AoE.
- Take advantage of all your defensive buffs and keep them active.
- Use both charges of Void Cleave at once against Bosses for additional DPS.
- Make sure you and your Manifest Armor stay under Javelin's AoE for its buffs.
Advanced Skill Tips
Learn more about how to maximize your gameplay in the Build Scaling section of this guide.
Gearing in Last Epoch revolves around finding Items and then using the powerful Crafting System to enhance them. As long as an Item has Forging Potential left, players can upgrade or modify their Affixes up to Tier 5. However, the powerful Exalted Tier Affixes are drop only and can't be modified by players.
Using the correct Item Bases allows you to make use of their amazing Implicits, this is fundamental for gearing efficiently. Combine Implicits, Passives, Idols and Blessings to cap your Resistances and other defensive layers, while fitting as much Health related Affixes or Endurance Threshold into your gear as possible. Plan ahead for your next upgrades and consider the final Blessings of your build while gearing. Finish up by farming Uniques with Legendary Potential and Sealing Affixes into Exalted Items to unleash all of your build's power!
Here are the Stat Goals for this build:
- Capped Resistances
- Capped Critical Strike Avoidance
- Capped Endurance
- 3000 - 5000+ Health
- 40% - 60%+ Armour
- 30 - 40+ Attunement
- 200% - 400%+ Healing Effectiveness
- 100%+ Throwing Attack Speed
- 100% Crit Chance with Manifest Armor
- 40% - 90%+ Movement Speed
Aim for good Item Bases with two valuable T5 Affixes. The defensive rolls on T5 Suffixes are very important at this stage as they can easily cap all your Resistances when combined with Item Implicits, Idols, Blessings or Passives. Get a Lucerne or a Weapon with high Melee Critical Strike Chance as soon as possible.
Make sure your Critical Strike Avoidance is capped. Remember that Woven Flesh is always an option early on. It can be farmed by killing the Abomination in the Fall of the Outcast Monolith Timeline.
Fit as much Health into your gear as possible. Hybrid Health and Health are extremely valuable, but can be hard to find early on. Use regular flat Health until you find them.
Get your Manifest Armor a source of Melee Life Leech. Craft Melee Damage Leeched as Health on your Gloves to ensure your construct sustains all Damage it takes with ease.
Get 1 ring with T1 Throwing Damage and Reduced Mana Cost to reduce Shield Throw's Mana cost to 0. While you look for this basic set of gear, start farming your Empowered Blessings and look for any Idols that can help you cap all your Resistances momentarily or increase your Damage output.
Learn the basics for crafting gear with our Beginner Crafting Guide.
Check our Unique Item & Set Farming Guide and learn how to get them!
Want to know more about Legendary Items? Check our Legendary Guide!
Completing a Timeline in the Monolith of Fate lets you choose one of several randomized Blessings from its unique pool. Their benefits are permanent and persist even outside of the Monolith of Fate.
Empowered Blessings are a fundamental part of all builds, so getting the correct ones for each is key.
The sooner you reach Empowered Monolith, the faster you can start farming your desired Blessings!
Normal Blessings are not important as they are eventually replaced by Empowered Blessings. However they can still be a great source of Resistances, Critical Strike Avoidance or Life Leech for your build early on.
Pick up these Normal Blessings on your way to Empowered:
- Echo of Solarum
- Bastion of Divinity
- Survival of Might
- Persistance of Will
- Vigor of Jormun
- Resolve of Grael
- Heart of the Caldera
- Embers of Immortality
- Body of Obsidian
Note: Don't target farm Normal Blessings. Get to Empowered Monolith as fast as you can.
Learn how to farm Blessings fast with our Advanced Monolith Strategies.
Idols grant your character bonuses when equipped in the dedicated Idol Container. Unlock all the slots of your Idol Container by completing the Campaign and some of its Side Quests. Remember that some Idols are Class specific and you won't be able to equip them with other non-compatible Classes.
These are the Idols recommended for this build:
- Find as many Stout Lagonian Idol with %Health and Health as you can.
- Get 2 Small Eterran Idol with Increased Healing Effectiveness and Void Resistance.
- Get 2 Small Lagonian Idol with Armour and any Resistances you need to cap.
- You might also want Adorned Rahyeh Idols with Increased Healing Effectiveness Prefix and Health Suffix to increase your Healing if you lack sustain.
Other useful Idol Affixes
This Forge Guard build uses Shield Throw against its own Manifest Armor to make it perform additional melee AoE attacks. Scale your Throwing Attack Speed to proc Manifest Inspiration as much as possible. This build also has decent survivability thanks to the multiple defensive layers it can take advantage of.
- Manifest Armor: This unique Minion scales with the stats in the player's Helmet, Body Armour, Gloves and Boots. Thanks to the Platemail, Steel Greaves and Great Helm Nodes this scaling property can be further amplified. With Titan Mace the construct also gets stats from your Weapon.
- Minion Power: Your minions gain Minion Power based on your Character Level. By level 100, they deal 45% More Damage and take 45% Less Damage (Multiplicative with other modifiers).
- Minion Melee Flat Damage: Get as much Flat Damage for your Manifest Armor as possible.
- Throwing Attack Speed: The faster you attack with Shield Throw the more Manifest Inspiration procs from your Manifest Armor.
- Attunement: Manifest Armor gains 4% Damage and 10 flat Health per point of Attunement.
- Javelin: Battle Standard is great for the offensive and defensive buffs it provides.
- Sigils Of Hope: They grant increased Damage and Flat Fire Damage with this setup.
- Void Cleave: Buff your Manifest Armor's DPS tremendously thanks to Molten Blades and Scorching Path.
- Minion % Melee Damage: Anything that increases Minion Melee Damage is welcomed.
- % Melee Damage: Any Class specific Sentinel Prefix that scales Melee Damage is extremely valuable as Manifest Armor gets additional stats from your Chest and Helmet thanks to its Skill Tree.
- Apathy's Maw: This Unique provides incredible DPS. Farm it with Legendary Potential!
- Minion Melee Critical Strike Chance: Make sure you get T5 or Exalted Melee Critical Strike Chance on your 2H Weapon. It's easy to cap the Manifest Armor's Crit Chance due to how it scales from player gear.
- Minion Critical Strike Multiplier: Increases the Damage your minions Crits deal. Due to how Manifest Armor scales with gear, Suloron's Step is impossible to ignore. Get the best one rolled possible!
- Level of Manifest Armor: Get this Prefix on your Helmet for the Increased Damage it provides and to invest extra Points into its Skill Tree.
- Chance to Shred Armour on Hit: Each stack of this Ailment reduces enemy Armour by 100 for 4 seconds and stacks infinitely. Enemies have 0 Armour by default and it can go into the negatives. At -1000 Armour a target takes 23.7% increased Physical Damage, while at -4000 Armour it takes 57.2%. With the amount of hits the build has, the stacks ramp up quickly.
End Game Activities
Last Epoch has multiple end game activities with completely different roles and rewards. All the builds in Maxroll.gg have been tested and are designed to complete all available content. However, not all builds excel at doing the same activities. Make sure you are familiar with the end game strengths and weaknesses of your character.
The Monolith of Fate is the main end game system. Most of your character gear upgrades are found here. Once you get all of your desired Empowered Blessings, you can start pushing Corruption to increase your chances at finding incredible Exalted Items. The Monolith of Fate rewards speedy builds that are able to target farm Echo Reward Nodes or stack Timeline Stability as fast as possible.
This Forge Guard is a good Monolith of Fate farmer. It's not super fast and lacks AoE, but can obliterate Bosses in seconds. Since it's also a fairly safe, it's a decent setup for farming content in high Corruption.
Your goals in the Monolith of Fate will differ greatly depending on what build you play and what stage your character progression is at. Here are the objectives you should aim at when playing this build:
- Reach Empowered Monolith as fast as possible.
- Farm your Combat Empowered Blessings. Prioritize gaining Timeline Stability and fight the Timeline Bosses as often as possible. Once you are done with one Timeline, move to the next one. Reach 200 Corruption to farm your desired Blessings faster, as it unlocks a 5th option to choose from after you defeat a Timeline Boss. Defeat the Shade of Orobyss to gain and transfer Corruption between Timelines.
- Get your first Drop Rate Empowered Blessing in the Fall of the Outcast Monolith Timeline as you farm Ribbons of Blood for the amazing stats it provides.
- Finish up the rest of your Drop Rate Empowered Blessings.
- Farm for key Uniques.
- As you farm for Uniques and Apathy's Maw, stack Corruption as high as your gear can handle. The higher Corruption you do, the more Items you find. Get your character ready for the other end game activities.
Every time you choose an Echo a Modifier comes attached with it, adding difficulty and changing how enemies behave. These Modifiers stay active for a maximum of 6 Echoes and stack with each other. Some Modifiers can handicap your build immensely while others can almost be ignored. Monolith Modifiers scale with Corruption and increase the Item Rarity of Echoes. Ideally you want to do the hardest content possible, without delaying your clear times. Keep up Item Rarity as high as you can without it slowing you down.
- Enemy Critical Strike Avoidance.
- Enemy Critical Strike Chance (Once you have 100% Critical Strike Avoidance).
- Enemy chance to receive a Glancing Blow.
- Increased enemy Movement Speed.
Avoid these Modifiers
- High health enemies take less damage.
- High health enemies deal increased damage.
- Enemy chance to Dodge.
- While bossing: enemies Enrage at half health and enemies gain Frenzy and Haste when hit.
Learn more about the Monolith of Fate with our Empowered Monolith Guide.
Loot Filters are critical in Last Epoch. Making sure you highlight all the related valuable Item Bases, Affixes, Uniques and Idols is crucial to ensure your character's progression. As your gear gets better, remember to hide the rules that are no longer useful to avoid screen clutter.
Here is the Endgame Loot Filter for this build:
Learn how to load and make Filters with our Loot Filter Guide.
A colossal humanoid construct made of fire and metal follows the orders of its master and maker, fearlessly charging into battle. Use the power of the forge to summon Manifest Armor, a powerful minion capable of destroying entire armies on its own. Overall this Forge Guard is capable of completing all the content in the game and has one of the best single target DPS in the game.
- Use Shield Throw against your own Manifest Armor to make it perform additional melee AoE attacks.
- Scale Throwing Attack Speed to proc Manifest Inspiration as much as possible.
- Maintain 5 Sigils Of Hope up at all times for the amazing buffs they provide.
- Javelin's Battle Standard Node is great for the offensive and defensive buffs it provides.
- Buff your Manifest Armor's DPS thanks to Void Cleave's Molten Blades and Scorching Path.
- While they are not mandatory, Suloron's Step, Ribbons of Blood and Apathy's Maw are great Uniques that you want to get to scale the build to its full potential.
Written by Lizard_IRL.
Reviewed by Facefoot, McFluffin.