Diablo 4 has many unique Materials and Currencies with many different uses. They are stored in a separate tab of your Inventory, so always pick them up. This overview covers everything we know about them, so you can spend your riches wisely!
Every plant in Diablo 4 is used for crafting Potions, Elixirs, Incense and resource refining at the Alchemist. Plants can all be found in the world to varying degrees, opening regular chests, Local Event Rewards, as well as rewards in caches for completing Side Quests. You can also pick them off their individual nodes in the world. While Gallowvine and Angelbreath can be found everywhere, others are limited to a specific zone:
- Howler Moss is found in Scosglen.
- Biteberry is found in Fractured Peaks.
- Reddamine is found in Dry Steppes.
- Blightshade is found in Hawezar.
- Lifesbane is found in Kehjistan.
- Gallowvine and Angelbreath is found everywhere.
- Fiend Rose is found in Helltides.
Monster Part Material
These materials drop from specific monster types (not Regions like Plants) and are used for various recipes at the Alchemist. Knowing this, remember safe and moderately dense monster areas in your travels when you run low on these resources.
- Demon's Heart is found from the corpses of Demons you kill.
- Paletongue is found from killing evil humans. Cannibals and Bandits come to mind.
- Grave Dust is found in the bodies, bones, or cerements of the Undead.
- Crushed Beast Bones are found from killing Beasts and Werecreatures.
The ores of Diablo 4 are used to upgrade Jewelry at the Jeweler and Weapons at the Blacksmith to increase their power. Ores can all be found in the world to varying degrees, opening regular chests, Local Event Rewards, as well as rewards in caches for completing Side Quests.
- Iron Chunk and Silver Ore are both found everywhere in the world in ore nodes, which are protruding chucks of rock coming up from the ground. There is no restriction on where or how you can farm them.
- Scattered Prism is a unique material that drops off of World Bosses and from boss monsters in Dungeons. It is the only way you can add additional sockets to your gear weapon by the Occultist.
Wildlife and beasts drop skins that are used to upgrade all armor pieces at the Blacksmith. Skins can all be found in the world to varying degrees, opening regular chests, Local Event Rewards, as well as rewards in caches for completing Side Quests. Remember safe and moderately dense monster areas in your travels when you run low on these resources.
These materials are created by salvaging items at the Blacksmith or Occultist. They are used to upgrading legendary armor (Blacksmith), weapons (Blacksmith), jewelry (Jeweler), re-roll item stats (Occultist), or create Sigils (Occultist).
- Forgotten Soul is found in Helltides.
- Abstruse Sigil is primarily gained by salvaging Legendary jewelry.
- Coiling Ward is primarily gained by salvaging Legendary armor.
- Baleful Fragment is primarily gained by salvaging Legendary weapons.
- Veiled Crystal is primarily gained by salvaging Rare items.
- Sigil Powder is primarily gained by salvaging Nightmare Sigils.
Currencies are listed at the bottom of your Inventory.
This Currency is found from monsters and chests across Sanctuary, or by selling items and legendary aspects. It is a very important resource that is used in almost everything:
- All gear related activities (buying, upgrading, etc.)
- All Crafting recipes
- Extracting and Applying Legendary Aspects
- Removing Skill Points in the Skill Tree
- Removing and adding Paragon Points
- Many more...
This Currency is obtained by completing Outside Events. You can gamble for gear at the Purveyor of Curiosities. This is a great source of Legendary Aspects!
- Used to purchase items from PvP Vendors in Dry Steppes and Kehjistan.
- Earned from Altars of Extraction by purifying Seeds of Hatred which are obtainable in PvP zones.
- Gallowvine is the most important resource early on. ALWAYS PICK IT UP!
- Materials have many uses and can be found all over Sanctuary as plants, ore veins or monster drops.
- Gold is used for almost everything in Diablo 4; collect as much as possible!
- Gambling with Obols is a great way to get Legendary Aspects.
- Forgotten Soul and Fiend Rose can only be found in a Helltide.
- Scattered Prism can only be found from World Bosses and Dungeon boss monsters.
Written by Teo1904.
Reviewed by Drescythe, Raxxanterax.
- 30 May 2023
Updated for the Launch of Diablo 4
- 6 May 2023
Updated to Open Beta Information
- 4 December 2022
Article created from the Press Preview Access of Diablo 4.