Welcome to the Grigoire, The Galvanic Saint Boss Guide. Here you will find all the information to gather summoning materials, summon the Boss, and successfully defeat it.
Summoning Requirements & Location
In order to summon Grigoire, collect Living Steel from any chest during a Helltide. They are primarily farmed in the Tortured Gift of Living Steel chests, which require 300 Aberrant Cinders to open. The Tortured Gift of Living Steel doesn't show up on your minimap unless you're nearby. This chest is guarded by a gigantic Demon, He-Grins-Wide-and-Waits. You receive 2 Living Steel in WT3 (with a chance of another 1 or 2) and 5 in WT4 per chest (with an additional chance of receiving 5 more). All other chests drop 1.
Once you have collected enough (2 in WT3, 5 in WT4), you can travel to Grigoire's area to summon him.
Before heading out consider a quick stop at the Alchemist to pick up a Potent Elixir of Lightning Resistance to help counter his Lightning abilities.
Health Bar & Stagger
Each Boss's health bar has multiple breakpoints. Once a breakpoint is reached, the red arrow flips up and turn grey. This indicates that you are in the next phase of the fight, while also dropping multiple healing vials. Each phase is more challenging than the last.
Stagger Bar Mechanic
Immediately beneath the health bar is a stagger bar, this slowly fills when Crowd Control (CC) is dealt. Once full, the Boss is rendered helpless for a short window of time. Use this opportunity to unleash as much hell as you possibly can.
Boss Mechanics and Strategy
Pay attention to both of the attacks used by Grigoire, The Galvanic Saint, the following section guides you through the boss's most dangerous abilities.
Initially Grigoire attacks you directly, but as the fight progresses he activates electrified pylons around the room, and summons help.
- Shocking Entry - The very act of summoning Grigoire charges the room with electricity.
- Watch for and avoid the electrified tiles as the boss appears.
- Spark Strike - Whenever he attacks with his massive mace, Grigoire releases several sparks which float around the room dealing Lightning damage.
- Move behind the boss to evade the attack and resulting sparks.
- It's difficult to completely avoid damage from this attack, but it doesn't hit very hard.
- Empowered Spark Strike - This works exactly like the regular version, but has a wider radius and knocks the player back if it connects.
- Position yourself so you aren't knocked into any of the environmental hazards.
- Thunderous Blow - Grigoire slams his mace into the ground creating several electrified reverberations. After a short delay, Lightning strikes each location.
- As the red circles appear to telegraph the mechanic move away from them.
- Summon Knights Penitent - After losing some health, Grigoire begins summoning Knights Penitent to aid him in combat. They will appear in a ring surrounding the player then quickly converge.
- Use AoE skills to dispatch them quickly, remember to keep an eye on the boss as you do.
After 80% health Grigoire begins to activate environmental hazards around the room.
- Charged Pylons - Pylons appear around the room and become charged with energy, damaging players which pass through them.
- As he begins to charge the pylons, position yourself near the center of the room so you have more options to safely move.
- By themselves these are easy to avoid, however you need to position yourself carefully so Grigoire's attacks don't knock you into the beam.
- Alternatively, use Unstoppable to prevent yourself from being knocked back.
Galvanic Ascendance- Starting at 60% Grigoire begins using his ultimate move! He teleports away, then begins to channel massive amounts of electricity into the room, this not only activates the Pylons but charges floor tiles which light up in sequence before he crashes back into the arena.
- The Pylons restrict your movement, position near the center of the room and have your Evade or a movement skill ready.
- The room has 9 total tiles.
- 7 Will be electrified.
- 2 are safe.
- Watch the pattern closely and move to one of the 2 safe tiles.
Loot Tables and Rewards
Each Boss has a different loot table of Uniques and cosmetic item(s).
Unique Loot table
The items listed below have increased chance to drop from this Boss. You can still find items that aren't on the list, and you are not guaranteed to find a Unique every time you kill the boss.
- Ramaladni's Magnum Opus
- Rage of Harrogath
- Battle Trance
- The Butcher's Cleaver
- Insatiable Fury
- Hunter's Zenith
- Waxing Gibbous
- The Butcher's Cleaver
- Blood Artisan's Cuirass
- Howl from Below
- Greaves of the Empty Tomb
- Word of Hakan
- Grasp of Shadow
- Staff of Lam Esen
- Iceheart Brais
- Gloves of the Illuminator
Non-Class Specific Uniques:
- Penitent Greaves
If you want a handy reference for the items you can farm from each of the endgame bosses, check out our Boss Cheat Sheet!
You can unlock the following exclusive cosmetic reward when you defeat Grigoire, The Galvanic Saint.
Grigoire, The Galvanic Saint boss fight video guide.
Our Grigoire, The Galvanic Saint boss guide covers everything you need to know about where to go, and how to complete this encounter.
- Open Helltide chests or the Tortured Gift of Living Steel while completing Helltides to collect Living Steel. Use these to summon Grigoire, the Galvanic Saint within the Hall of the Penitent.
- This is located South of Ked Bardu.
- The WT3 version requires 2 Living Steel.
- The WT4 version requires 5 Living Steel.
- Make sure your gear is the best it can be; Upgraded Armor and Gems.
- You should be at least level 60 (WT3) or level 75 (WT4) for the smoothest experience, but you can attempt the boss any time after entering World Tier 3 if you're confident in your build.
- Grigoire's attacks deal Lightning damage, try grabbing Elixirs which increase your Lightning Resistance.
- You need to deal with the boss abilities, environmental hazards, and his minions to complete the encounter.
Written by Tenkiei
Reviewed by Dredscythe