Welcome to the Hydrahedron Runemaster Guide. Fill the battlefield with fiery octahedrons that spew a deadly rain of Fire Projectiles that incinerate everything in the area! Combine Lightning, Fire, Fire (L,F,F) Runes to conjure Hydrahedron, a powerful Runic Invocation unique to the Runemaster that turns foes into ashes.
Generate Lightning Runes with Runebolt and Fire Runes with Flame Rush, a powerful dash that casts Runic Invocation on use and grants great defensive buffs. Flame Ward is an incredible Defensive Skill with tons of Damage Reduction that can save the Runemaster even from the most dangerous attacks. Frost Wall provides additional DPS and grants Flame Ward on ally pass through.
This setup doesn't require any Unique to function. However Items like Box of Hydrae and Fundamental Criterion have the potential to enhance the build's power tremendously, especially with Legendary Potential.
Overall the Hydrahedron Runemaster is a great build suited for all the content in the game, even in Hardcore. If you are looking for the classic Fire turret playstyle, this build is perfect for you!
Turret Fantasy ✔
Visually Pleasing ✔
Great Defensive Support Skills ✔
Good Scaling With Gear & Uniques ✔
❌ Rotation Based Playstyle
❌ Requires Rune Management
❌ No Room for Positional Errors
❌ Defensive Skills Require Timing
Combine Lightning, Fire, Fire (L,F,F) Runes before casting Runic Invocation to conjure Hydrahedron, your main Damage Skill. Grab Unbridled Ruin, Devastating Starfall and Runic Energy to boosts its Damage. Invest a point in Scrivener's Haste to generate Fire Runes faster with Flame Rush and smooth the gameplay.
Alternative Skills & Tips
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives on the first half of all Masteries regardless of the one you chose.
- Focus on Intelligence and Spell Critical Strike Chance related Nodes.
- Investing points into Arcanist helps cap Elemental Resistances.
- Calculated Destruction is crucial to raise your Spell Critical Strike Chance.
- Arcane Flames, Decree of the Burning Wind and Celestial Doom grant substantial Damage Multipliers.
- Sphere of Protection is a great for survivability.
- Ancient Inscriptions is a must have for most Runemasters.
- Spec into Mental Catalysis and Inscribed Instruments over Edict of the Scion and the spare points that max Intelligence related Nodes while you use a Wand and a Catalyst. Switch to a Staff when you find a well rolled Fundamental Criterion.
Make sure to complete the Campaign to get all your Passive Points.
This Runemaster wants to position itself far away from the enemies while casting deadly Spells. Make sure you are familiar with enemy mechanics to know when to use your Support Skills to stay alive. Pay attention to the telegraphed attacks of your enemies and stay out of their range.
- Generate Lightning Runes by spamming Runebolt and stack the buffs it provides.
- Cast and hold Flame Rush until you generate 2 Fire Runes to conjure a Hydrahedron every time it's off Cooldown.
- Place Frost Wall and go through it for its amazing buffs.
- Use Flame Ward defensively before you take Damage.
- Use Runebolt to generate Mana.
- Flame Rush through Frost Wall and rush to your objective.
- Place Frost Wall far away but directly on your trajectory to gain Haste for the maximum duration possible.
- Use Flame Rush to leave dangerous enemies behind.
- Take advantage of all your defensive buffs and keep them active.
- Flame Ward can save you from incoming Damage. Time it against dangerous telegraphed Boss attacks.
- Take advantage of Aspirant's Arrival inside Frost Wall and manually cast Runic Invocation against Bosses for extra Damage.
Advanced Skill Tips
Learn more about how to maximize your gameplay in the Build Scaling section of this guide.
Gearing in Last Epoch revolves around finding Items and then using the powerful Crafting System to enhance them. As long as an Item has Forging Potential left, players can upgrade or modify their Affixes up to Tier 5. However, the powerful Exalted Tier Affixes are drop only and can't be modified by players.
Using the correct Item Bases allows you to make use of their amazing Implicits, this is fundamental for gearing efficiently. Combine Implicits, Passives, Idols and Blessings to cap your Resistances and other defensive layers, while fitting as much Health related Affixes, Ward or Endurance Threshold into your gear as possible. Plan ahead for your next upgrades and consider the final Empowered Blessings of your build while gearing. Finish up by farming Uniques with Legendary Potential and Sealing Affixes into Exalted Items to unleash all of your build's power!
Here are the Stat Goals for this build:
- Capped Resistances
- Capped Critical Strike Avoidance
- 3000 - 10000+ Ward (while in combat)
- 400+ Ward Retention
- 45% - 65%+ Armour
- 40 - 65+ Attunement
- 50 - 80+ Intelligence
- 300+ Mana
- 300%+ Spell Critical Strike Multiplier
- 40% - 90%+ Movement Speed
Aim for good Item Bases with two valuable T5 Affixes. The Defensive rolls on T5 Suffixes are very important at this stage as they can easily cap all your Resistances when combined with Item Implicits, Idols, Blessings or Passives. Get a Weapon with double T5 offensive Prefixes as soon as possible.
Make sure your Reduced Damage Taken from Critical Strikes is capped. Remember that Woven Flesh is always an option early on. It can be farmed by killing the Abomination in the Fall of the Outcast Monolith Timeline.
Get as much Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed as possible to be able to spam Flame Rush more often.
Aim for T5 Level of Runic Invocation on your Helmet to further invest into its Tree. T5 Penetration with Fire Invocations is also a great upgrade.
While you look for this basic set of gear, start farming your Empowered Blessings and look for any Idols that can help you cap all your Resistances momentarily or increase your Damage output. Make sure you have at least 300 Mana if you find Idols with Increased Fire Damage (Doubled If You Have Over 300 Max Mana) to increase your DPS.
Learn the basics for crafting gear with our Beginner Crafting Guide.
Check our Unique Item & Set Farming Guide and learn how to get them!
Want to know more about Legendary Items? Check our Legendary Guide!
Completing a Timeline in the Monolith of Fate lets you choose one of several randomized Blessings from its unique pool. Their benefits are permanent and persist even outside of the Monolith of Fate.
Empowered Blessings are a fundamental part of all builds, so getting the correct ones for each is key.
The sooner you reach Empowered Monolith, the faster you can start farming your desired Blessings!
Normal Blessings are not important as they are eventually replaced by Empowered Blessings. However they can still be a great source of Resistances, Critical Strike Avoidance or Life Leech for your build early on.
Pick up these Normal Blessings on your way to Empowered:
- Echo of Solarum
- Hunger of the Void
Cruelty of the Meruna
- Survival of Might
- Persistance of Will
- Protection of Heorot
- Resolve of Grael
- Heart of the Caldera
- Embers of Immortality
Note: Don't target farm Normal Blessings. Get to Empowered Monolith as fast as you can.
Learn how to farm Blessings fast with our Advanced Monolith Strategies.
Idols grant your character bonuses when equipped in the dedicated Idol Container. Unlock all the slots of your Idol Container by completing the Campaign and some of its Side Quests. Remember that some Idols are Class specific and you won't be able to equip them with other non-compatible Classes.
These are the Idols recommended for this build:
- Find 1 Adorned Arcane Idol with Ward Retention and Chance to gain Lightning Aegis when hit. This Idol is great for survivability.
- Get them 4 well rolled Grand Glass Idol with Mana and Increased Fire Damage (Doubled If You Have Over 300 Max Mana). Make sure you have at least 300 Mana to double the effect of the Suffix.
- Get a Throne of Ambition. You can farm it in The Stolen Lance Empowered Monolith Timeline. It's a rare drop from God Hunter Argentus.
- Finish up the setup with Resistance related Idols. You might also need extra Mana out of your Idols early on, so keep an eye for anything useful.
Other useful Idol Affixes
This Runemaster also has great survivability thanks to its multiple defensive layers and the Unique Items it can take advantage of.
- Flat Spell Damage: You want to get as much Flat Damage as possible.
- Idols: Increased Fire Damage (Doubled If You Have Over 300 Max Mana) is great for increasing your DPS. Get it as well rolled as possible and make sure you have at least 300 Mana to double the effect of the Suffix. They are a priority when it comes to scaling this build and its main source of Increased Damage. Throne of Ambition provides an insane DPS boost while fighting Bosses.
- Intelligence: Your skills gain 4% Damage per point or Intelligence. It also provides %Spell Critical Chance thanks to Calculated Destruction. Additionally it grants 4% Ward Retention per point, which adds a nice defensive layer for the build.
- Spell Critical Strike Chance: It's easy to cap thanks to your Passives.
- Critical Strike Multiplier: Increases the Damage your Crits deal. Build as much as you can on your gear.
- Frost Wall: Has built in Fire Resistance Shred thanks to this Node. Since the build attacks so fast and has many hits, it is extremely easy to apply the maximum 10 stacks to your targets, increasing the Fire Damage enemies take by 50% (20% for Bosses).
- Chance To Shred Armour on Hit: Each stack of this Ailment reduces enemy Armour by 100 for 4 seconds and stacks infinitely. Enemies have 0 Armour by default and it can go into the negatives. At -1000 Armour a target takes 16.5% increased Fire Damage, while at -4000 Armour it takes 40%. With the amount of hits the build has, the stacks ramp up quickly.
Recommended End Game Activities
Last Epoch has multiple end game activities with completely different roles and rewards. All the builds in Maxroll.gg have been tested and are designed to complete all available content. However, not all builds excel at doing the same activities. Make sure you are familiar with the end game strengths and weaknesses of your character.
The Monolith of Fate is the main end game system. Most of your character gear upgrades are found here. Once you get all of your desired Empowered Blessings, you can start pushing Corruption to increase your chances at finding incredible Exalted Items. The Monolith of Fate rewards speedy builds that are able to target farm Echo Reward Nodes or stack Timeline Stability as fast as possible.
This Runemaster is a great Monolith of Fate farmer. It's very safe and has great range. While it's not the fastest build for rushing objectives, it's a balanced setup that can do it all.
Your goals in the Monolith of Fate will differ greatly depending on what build you play and what stage your character progression is at. Here are the objectives you should aim at when playing this build:
- Reach Empowered Monolith as fast as possible.
- Farm your Combat Empowered Blessings. Prioritize gaining Timeline Stability and fight the Timeline Bosses as often as possible. Once you are done with one Timeline, move to the next one. Reach 200 Corruption to farm your desired Blessings faster, as it unlocks a 5th option to choose from after you defeat a Timeline Boss. Defeat the Shade of Orobyss to gain and transfer Corruption between Timelines.
- Farm your first Drop Rate Empowered Blessing in The Stolen Lance Empowered Monolith Timeline. Here you should also farm Throne of Ambition until you get it.
- Finish up the rest of your Drop Rate Empowered Blessings.
- Farm for key Uniques.
- As you farm for Uniques, stack Corruption as high as your gear can handle. The higher Corruption you do, the more Items you find. Get your character ready for the other end game activities.
Every time you choose an Echo a Modifier comes attached with it, adding difficulty and changing how enemies behave. These Modifiers stay active for a maximum of 6 Echoes and stack with each other. Some Modifiers can handicap your build immensely while others can almost be ignored. Monolith Modifiers scale with Corruption and increase the Item Rarity of Echoes. Ideally you want to do the hardest content possible, without delaying your clear times. Keep up Item Rarity as high as you can without it slowing you down.
- Enemy Critical Strike Chance (Once you have 100% Critical Strike Avoidance).
- Enemies heal if they have not been damaged recently.
- Rare enemies have high speed and crit chance until approached.
- Rare enemies regenerate health.
Avoid these Modifiers
- Enemy chance to receive a Glancing Blow.
- Enemy Critical Strike Avoidance.
- Enemy chance to Dodge.
- High health enemies take less damage.
- High health enemies deal increased damage.
- Increased enemy Movement Speed.
- While bossing: enemies Enrage at half health and enemies gain Frenzy and Haste when hit.
Learn more about the Monolith of Fate with our Empowered Monolith Guide.
Loot Filters are critical in Last Epoch. Making sure you highlight all the related valuable Item Bases, Affixes, Uniques and Idols is crucial to ensure your character's progression. As your gear gets better, remember to hide the rules that are no longer useful to avoid screen clutter.
Here is the Endgame Loot Filter for this build:
Learn how to load and make Filters with our Loot Filter Guide.
Overall the Hydrahedron Runemaster is a very fun build capable of completing all the content in the game. It has insane Range, a very active playstyle and has great survivability thanks to its multiple defensive layers and powerful Unique Items.
- Fill the battlefield with fiery octahedrons that spew a deadly rain of Fire Projectiles that incinerate everything in the area! Combine Lightning, Fire, Fire (L,F,F) Runes to conjure Hydrahedron, a powerful Runic Invocation unique to the Runemaster that turns foes into ashes.
- While this setup doesn't require any Unique to function, items like Box of Hydrae and Fundamental Criterion have the potential to enhance the build's power tremendously, especially with Legendary Potential.
- Flame Rush is a great Movement Skill that grants great defensive buffs on use.
- Flame Ward is an incredible Defensive Skill with tons of Damage Reduction that can save you from incoming Damage. Time it against dangerous telegraphed Boss attacks.
- Use Runebolt to generate Mana if needed.
Written by Lizard_IRL.
Reviewed by Volca