Possessed by the dark and forbidden knowledge of the dead, this sadistic Necromancer raises and commands a single Summon Bone Golem. This mountain of flesh and bone is a terrifying sight to behold. Its body is made entirely of bones, with sharp spines that fly out of its body impaling anything around it.
Punish your own Minion by spamming Rip Blood on itself to proc its Bone Nova nonstop; a powerful Minion Spell the build is based around. Use Dread Shade and Bone Curse to buff your Golem's Damage tremendously and to guarantee its Bone Nova always Crits. The build also has great mobility and utility thanks to Transplant.
This setup doesn't require any Unique to function. However Items like Death Rattle, Ribbons of Blood and Twisted Heart of Uhkeiros take the build to the next level.
Overall this twisted Necromancer is an amazing build capable of crushing all the content in the game, even in Hardcore. If you are looking for a dark summoner that destroys enemies and is able to survive the hardest encounters, this build is perfect for you!
Summon Bone Golem
Good AoE ✔
Tons Of Ward ✔
Amazing Single Target DPS ✔
Insane Scaling With Gear & Uniques ✔
❌ High Buff Management
❌ Very Right Click Intensive
❌ Minion AI Can Be Frustrating
❌ Requires Uniques To Really Shine
Summon Bone Golem
This is a single Summon Bone Golem build. Thanks to the Betrayal Node, this setup can reliably proc Bone Shatters by spamming Rip Blood on the Golem. Take Bone Hail and Amalgam of Mages to buff the Bone Shatter's Damage. Hunger provides crucial Health sustain for the player.
Alternative Skills & Tips
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives on the first half of all Masteries regardless of the one you chose.
- Take Nodes with Intelligence, Health, Vitality and Ward Retention.
- Investing in Forbidden Knowledge and Unnatural Preservation helps you cap your Resistances.
- Combine Grave Thorns with Level of Summon Bone Golem to increase the Golem's survivability.
- Aegisfall boosts your Golem's DPS substantially.
- Frantic Summons provides a good amount of Cast Speed.
- The Leech from River of Bones has great synergy with Dread Shade's Egoism Node.
- Moonlight Pyre provides a great amount of base Damage.
- Consider grabbing Rite of Undeath if you need Resistances while gearing up.
- Spec Mortal Tether instead of Reclamation of Souls before getting Twisted Heart of Uhkeiros.
Make sure to complete the Campaign to get all your Passive Points.
This Necromancer wants to position itself far away from danger while spamming Rip Blood on its Summon Bone Golem to make it proc as many Bone Shatters as possible. Make sure you are familiar with enemy mechanics to know when to use your Support Skills to stay alive. Pay attention to the telegraphed attacks of your enemies and stay out of their range.
- Summon your Summon Bone Golem.
- Buff your Golem with Dread Shade.
- Use Transplant to juke, move or refresh the buffs it provides.
- Command and direct your Summon Bone Golem into battle with the "A" key.
- When the Summon Bone Golem is close to enemies, use Bone Curse on it to buff its Damage.
- Spam Rip Blood directly on your Summon Bone Golem to proc its Bone Shatters.
- Refresh Dread Shade and Bone Curse whenever they expire.
- Once you get Twisted Heart of Uhkeiros, generate tons of Ward by spamming Rip Blood on the Golem.
- Transplant on Cooldown towards the objective.
- Use the "A" key to ensure your Golem is always ahead of you, aggroing enemies.
- Let the Summon Bone Golem kill enemies as you cruise through the Echoes.
- Don't stop to attack while the Haste provided by Transplant is active.
- Let enemies surround your Summon Bone Golem before you stop to attack.
- Take advantage of all your buffs and keep them active as much as possible.
- Hit Bosses with the Blood Splatters from Rip Blood to apply Ailments to them.
- Save Transplant for dangerous telegraphed Boss attacks.
- Once you get Twisted Heart of Uhkeiros, use it to generate tons of Ward before fighting Bosses.
Advanced Skill Tips
Learn more about how to maximize your gameplay in the Build Scaling section of this guide.
Gearing in Last Epoch revolves around finding Items and then using the powerful Crafting System to enhance them. As long as an Item has Forging Potential left, players can upgrade or modify their Affixes up to Tier 5. However, the powerful Exalted Tier Affixes are drop only and can't be modified by players.
Using the correct Item Bases allows you to make use of their amazing Implicits, this is fundamental for gearing efficiently. Combine Implicits, Passives, Idols and Blessings to cap your Resistances and other defensive layers, while fitting as much Health related Affixes or Endurance Threshold into your gear as possible. Plan ahead for your next upgrades and consider the final Empowered Blessings of your build while gearing. Finish up by farming Uniques with Legendary Potential and Sealing Affixes into Exalted Items to unleash all of your build's power!
Here are the Stat Goals for this build:
- Capped Resistances
- Capped Critical Strike Avoidance
- Capped Endurance
- 2500 - 4500 Health
- 40% - 50%+ Armour
- 65 - 100+ Intelligence
- 80% + 150% Cast Speed
- 4000 - 15000+ Ward
- 500 - 1000% Increased Minion Health
- 40% - 70%+ Movement Speed
When all your core Defenses are covered, start working on scaling Summon Bone Golem with Intelligence and Minion Health. Get Cast Speed to increase your DPS drastically.
Get Chance to Apply Frailty on Hit to decrease the Damage enemies deal to you. This Ailment is really important and should always be kept in mind. Get T1 Spell Damage and Reduced Mana Cost on your Sceptre to ensure Rip Blood can be spammed.
Farm Twisted Heart of Uhkeiros. It drops from the Emperor of Corpses in the Reign of Dragons Monolith Timeline and can be deterministically farmed there. The survivability of the build greatly increases with this powerful Unique thanks to the Ward generation it provides when spamming Necrotic Rip Blood on your Summon Bone Golem.
Get a Death Rattle to increase your Summon Bone Golem's DPS. This Amulet is quite common and easy to get just by targeting the Unique Amulet Echo Rewards in the Age of Winter Monolith Timeline.
As you finish up your Empowered Blessings keep a decent Health pool, capped Resistances, Endurance and Critical Strike Avoidance. Your goal is to have items with 4 valuable T5 Affixes, also known as T20. Keep an eye for Large Immortal Idols with %Health Prefix and useful Suffixes.
Learn the basics for crafting gear with our Beginner Crafting Guide.
Check our Unique Item & Set Farming Guide and learn how to get them!
Want to know more about Legendary Items? Check our Legendary Guide!
Completing a Timeline in the Monolith of Fate lets you choose one of several randomized Blessings from its unique pool. Their benefits are permanent and persist even outside of the Monolith of Fate.
Empowered Blessings are a fundamental part of all builds, so getting the correct ones for each is key.
The sooner you reach Empowered Monolith, the faster you can start farming your desired Blessings!
Normal Blessings are not important as they are eventually replaced by Empowered Blessings. However they can still be a great source of Resistances, Critical Strike Avoidance or Life Leech for your build early on.
Pick up these Normal Blessings on your way to Empowered:
- Echo of Solarum
- Memory of Light
- Bastion of Divinity
- Survival of Might
- Resolve of Humanity
- Persistance of Will
- Bulwark of the Tundra
- Protection of Heorot
- Resolve of Grael
- Heart of the Caldera
- Embers of Immortality
- Body of Obsidian
Note: Don't target farm Normal Blessings. Get to Empowered Monolith as fast as you can.
Learn how to farm Blessings fast with our Advanced Monolith Strategies.
Idols grant your character bonuses when equipped in the dedicated Idol Container. Unlock all the slots of your Idol Container by completing the Campaign and some of its Side Quests. Remember that some Idols are Class specific and you won't be able to equip them with other non-compatible Classes.
These are the Idols recommended for this build:
- Get 4 Large Immortal Idols with %Health Prefix. For the Suffixes you need at least 1 Minion Chance To Apply Mark For Death On Hit. The rest of the Suffixes are more flexible; Health, Ward Retention or Chance To Fear On Hit are all valuable. The Fear can keep enemies off your Golem.
- You also want 4 Stout Lagonian Idols with %Health Prefix and Resistances or Health Suffixes. Acolytes can get an absurd amount of Health just from Idols.
- You might need extra Resistances out of your Idols early on, so keep an eye for anything useful until you get your final setup.
Other useful Idol Affixes
This Necromancer spams Rip Blood on its Summon Bone Golem to make it proc as many Bone Shatters as possible; a powerful Minion Spell that always Crits thanks to the Dread Shade buff. This build also has great survivability thanks to the multiple defensive layers it can take advantage of.
- Rip Blood: Must be spammed to trigger as many Bone Shatters as possible. Use Blood Infusion to buff the Golem and to apply Ailments to enemies hit by the Blood Splatters.
- Minion Power: Your minions gain Minion Power based on your Character Level. By level 100, they deal 45% More Damage and take 45% Less Damage (Multiplicative with other modifiers).
- Minion Melee Flat Damage: You want to get as much Flat Damage for your Summon Bone Golem as possible, since the build has tons of Damage Multipliers provided by its Skill Tree, Dread Shade and Bone Curse.
- Cast Speed: The faster you cast Rip Blood on your Summon Bone Golem the more Bone Shatters procs.
- Intelligence: Summon Bone Golem gains 4% Damage per point of Intelligence. Additionally, each point of Intelligence provides 4% Ward Retention.
- Minion % Spell Damage: Anything that increases Minion Spell Damage is welcomed.
- Minion Spell Critical Strike Chance: Dread Shade's Egoism Node grants 100% Crit Chance to your Golem while it's active.
- Minion Critical Strike Multiplier: Increases the Damage your minions Crits deal. Get as much as you can! Death Rattle provides tons on its own.
- Bone Curse: Thanks to the Merciless Node, you can also apply this Curse to your Minions. Spiked Bones and Barbed Construct are great enhance this buff.
- Level of Summon Bone Golem: Get this Prefix on your Helmet to invest extra Points into its Tree.
- Chance To Shred Armour on Hit: Each stack of this Ailment reduces enemy Armour by 100 for 4 seconds and stacks infinitely. Enemies have 0 Armour by default and it can go into the negatives. At -1000 Armour a target takes 23.7% increased Physical Damage, while at -4000 Armour it takes 57.2%. With the amount of hits the build has, the stacks ramp up quickly.
- Mark for Death: This Ailment that reduces All Enemy Resistances by 25%, causing them to take extra Damage. Get it from a Large Immortal Idols with Minion Chance To Apply Mark For Death On Hit.
- Grand Fury of the North: You can grab this Blessing if you wish to enhance your Damage further, but it's not really efficient as the Summon Bone Golem's Bone Shatter has some Necrotic and Fire Base Damage provided by Moonlight Pyre. 10 stacks of Physical Resistance Shred increase the Physical Damage enemies take by 50% (20% for Bosses).
Recommended End Game Activities
Last Epoch has multiple end game activities with completely different roles and rewards. All the builds in Maxroll.gg have been tested and are designed to complete all available content. However, not all builds excel at doing the same activities. Make sure you are familiar with the end game strengths and weaknesses of your character.
The Monolith of Fate is the main end game system. Most of your character gear upgrades are found here. Once you get all of your desired Empowered Blessings, you can start pushing Corruption to increase your chances at finding incredible Exalted Items. The Monolith of Fate rewards speedy builds that are able to target farm Echo Reward Nodes or stack Timeline Stability as fast as possible.
This Necromancer is a great Monolith of Fate farmer. It's very safe, has good AoE and single target. Since it's also a fairly tanky build, it's an amazing setup for farming difficult content in high Corruption.
Your goals in the Monolith of Fate differ greatly depending on what build you play and what stage your character progression is at. Here are the objectives you should aim at when playing this build:
- Reach Empowered Monolith as fast as possible.
- Farm your Combat Empowered Blessings. Prioritize gaining Timeline Stability and fight the Timeline Bosses as often as possible. Once you are done with one Timeline, move to the next one. Reach 200 Corruption to farm your desired Blessings faster, as it unlocks a 5th option to choose from after you defeat a Timeline Boss. Defeat the Shade of Orobyss to gain and transfer Corruption between Timelines.
- Farm Twisted Heart of Uhkeiros. It drops from the Emperor of Corpses in the Reign of Dragons Monolith Timeline and can be deterministically farmed there.
- Get your first Drop Rate Empowered Blessing in the Fall of the Outcast Monolith Timeline as you farm Ribbons of Blood for the amazing stats it provides.
- Finish up your Drop Rate Empowered Blessings.
- Farm for key Uniques.
- As you farm for Uniques, stack Corruption as high as your gear can handle. The higher Corruption you do, the more Items you find. Get your character ready for the other end game activities.
Every time you choose an Echo a Modifier comes attached with it, adding difficulty and changing how enemies behave. These Modifiers stay active for a maximum of 6 Echoes and stack with each other. Some Modifiers can handicap your build immensely while others can almost be ignored. Monolith Modifiers scale with Corruption and increase the Item Rarity of Echoes. Ideally you want to do the hardest content possible, without delaying your clear times. Keep up Item Rarity as high as you can without it slowing you down.
- Enemy Critical Strike Chance (Once you have 100% Critical Strike Avoidance).
- Enemies heal if they have not been damaged recently.
- Rare enemies have high speed and crit chance until approached.
- Rare enemies regenerate health.
Avoid these Modifiers
- Enemy chance to receive a Glancing Blow.
- Enemy Critical Strike Avoidance.
- Enemy chance to Dodge.
- High health enemies take less damage.
- High health enemies deal increased damage.
- Increased enemy Movement Speed.
- While bossing: enemies Enrage at half health and enemies gain Frenzy and Haste when hit.
Learn more about the Monolith of Fate with our Empowered Monolith Guide.
Loot Filters are critical in Last Epoch. Making sure you highlight all the related valuable Item Bases, Affixes, Uniques and Idols is crucial to ensure your character's progression. As your gear gets better, remember to hide the rules that are no longer useful to avoid screen clutter.
Here is the Endgame Loot Filter for this build:
Learn how to load and make Filters with our Loot Filter Guide.
This Necromancer spams Rip Blood on its Summon Bone Golem to make it proc as many Bone Shatters as possible. It has good AoE, amazing single target DPS and great survivability thanks to its multiple defensive layers.
- This is a single Summon Bone Golem build. Thanks to the Betrayal Node, this setup can reliably proc Bone Shatters by spamming Rip Blood on the Golem.
- Buff your Golem with Dread Shade and Bone Curse.
- Generate Ward thanks to Twisted Heart of Uhkeiros.
- Use Transplant to juke, move or refresh the buffs it provides.
- This setup doesn't require any Unique to function. However Items like Death Rattle, Ribbons of Blood and Twisted Heart of Uhkeiros take the build to the next level.
- If you are looking for a dark summoner that destroys enemies and is able to survive the hardest encounters, this build is perfect for you!
Written by Lizard_IRL
Reviewed by McFluffin, Facefoot