The Age of Winter is themed around Physical and Cold damage. These Timeline Blessings are centered around Physical and Cold mechanics. It's also great to farm Aurora's Time Glass with its Ring and Amulet echo rewards.
In this guide we cover Echo and Boss rewards, Blessings, Strategies, Dangerous Monsters and Echo Modifiers. Let’s get started!
Check out the Monolith Beginner Guide for an in depth breakdown of the Monolith of Fate.
Echo rewards are found on individual echoes inside of the Timeline web. Each echo has its own reward, and players can see the reward type before starting the echo. The player receives the reward when they complete the echo and return to the timeline hub.
They allow you to target specific pieces of gear such as Exalted items, Idols and Uniques, or they can reward gold or experience. These are restricted to Uniques which are not boss or quest exclusives. In the Fall of the Outcasts Timeline, you encounter Ring and Amulet echo rewards.
- Arboreal Circuit
- Hollow Finger
- Quicksilver Coil
- Ring of the Third Eye
- The Invoker's Scorching Grasp
- The Invoker's Static Touch
- Tongue of the Aberrant Seer
- Font of the Erased
- Cycle of Putrescence
- Ferebor's Persistence
- Liath's Signet
- Heirloom of the Last Nomad
- Red Ring of Atlaria
- Bleeding Heart
- Chimaera's Essence
- Death Rattle
- Serpent's Milk
- Strong Mind
- The Claw
- The Fang
- The Invoker's Frozen Heart
- Xithara's Conundrum
- Aurora's Time Glass
- Locket of the Forgotten Knight
- Apostate's Sanctuary
All Timeline bosses have a pool of exclusive Uniques that can drop. They also provide the player with a Blessing, which is a permanent buff to either power or farming/leveling efficiency. Just like Uniques, each boss has their own exclusive Blessing pool.
The Age of Winter Timeline boss, Heorot, is themed around Physical and Cold damage. After killing this Timeline boss, The Last Ruin and Spirit of Fire ones, you unlock the Empowered Monolith difficulty.
To get a closer look at his mechanics and strategies, look at the Heorot The Age of Winter Boss Guide.
Heorot can drop 4 different Uniques:
- Call of the Tundra has a 50% chance to drop. It is mutually exclusive to Reign of Winter, meaning you always get one or the other, but not both. It can drop from both normal and empowered versions. The drop rate is not affected by corruption.
- Reign of Winter has a 50% chance to drop. It is mutually exclusive to Call of the Tundra, meaning you always get one or the other, but not both. It can drop from both regular and Empowered versions. The drop rate is not affected by corruption.
- Yulia's Path is a rare drop. The drop rate is increased by higher Corruption. We recommend farming this on Empowered.
- Faith of the Frozen is a rare drop that can only be found in Empowered. Increases in Corruption improves the drop rate of this item.
See the Empowered Monolith Guide for more info on Corruption.
The Blessings of this Timeline are themed around Physical, Cold, and Defense mechanics. Some generally useful choices are: Bulwark of the Tundra, Protection of Heorot, and Resolve of Grael.
- Bones of Eternity
- Bulwark of the Tundra
- Defiance of Yulia
- Fury of the North
- Heart of Ice
- Maw of Artor
- Protection of Heorot
- Rage of Winter
- Resolve of Grael
- Vigor of Jormun
- Winds of Frost
- Grand Bones of Eternity
- Grand Bulwark of the Tundra
- Grand Defiance of Yulia
- Grand Fury of the North
- Grand Heart of Ice
- Grand Maw of Artor
- Grand Protection of Heorot
- Grand Rage of Winter
- Grand Resolve of Grael
- Grand Vigor of Jormun
- Grand Winds of Frost
In the Monolith of Fate all Timelines have 3 quests, each requiring Stability to start. The third one is the Timeline boss, which resets your Stability once defeated. In the Normal Monolith you need to do the first 2 quests to fight the Timeline boss, but in the Empowered Monolith you can fight him immediately if you choose.
- In The Age of Winter Timeline, your first quest is Drowned Thetima. In it Heorot has slain Rahyeh. In the wake of his victory, he has unleashed an unending winter on the world and marches upon his rivals.
- To start this quest you need 50 Stability in Normal and 150 Stability in Empowered.
- The second quest is Island Battlefield. Now Grael has led an army of Heoborean warriors to Thetima under Heorot’s orders, leaving nothing but destruction in his wake.
- To start this quest you need 250 Stability in Normal and 550 Stability in Empowered.
- The third quest is Eye of the Storm, where Rahyeh has brought destruction to the people of Solarum, cementing his victory in ice. He must be stopped.
- To start this quest you need 400 Stability in Normal and 900 Stability in Empowered.
The Age of Winter is themed around Physical and Cold with its monsters, bosses and quests.
- Cap your Physical and Cold resistances.
- Avoid these echo layouts:
- Alpine Halls
- Burning Forest
- Solarum Ascent
- Storm Swept Isle
- Prefer these echo layouts:
- Boreal Forest
- Broken Hills
- Forest Trails
- Midnight Strand
- Willow Marsh
- If you take too much damage avoid these echo modifiers:
- Increased damage of all types
- Enemies have increased critical strike chance
Each Timeline has its own set of deadly monsters that you need to know about. Learning their abilities and how to avoid them are key to surviving in Monolith as Echo Rewards are removed when you die.
Covenant of Dominion have an incredible damage modifier making him deadly. His abilities deal Fire damage; Move away from the Fire DoT at all costs.
Gold Elementals are monsters with massive AoE and Damage. Their abilities deal Fire damage and are easy to dodge; don't align yourself with them when their cannon arm is charging.
Ascendant Embermages are dangerous in packs when their Meteorites overlap. They deal telegraphed Fire damage; Keep moving and go into melee range as Meteorites require a minimum distance to be cast.
Ice Golems are dangerous in close range because of their Avalanche. It deals Physical and Cold AoE damage in quick succession; dodge them to avoid serious damage. When they are about to stomp the ground, move away.
Echoes have their own modifier that is active for a set number of echo. Every timeline gets its own pool of modifiers that you can scale with corruption. Some of these modifiers can be dangerous, while others can actually bring value with little or no downside.
The Age of Winter Modifiers
- Enemies have +15% to all resistances.
- Enemies have a 70% chance to shred armour on hit
- Enemies have 20% critical strike avoidance and 20% increased health
- Enemies deal 12% increased damage and have 100% increased critical strike chance
- Enemies have 15% increased movement speed and damage
- Enemies enrage at half health
- Enemies have 25% increased health and focus on attacking players
- Enemies have a 35% chance to receive a Glancing Blow when hit
- Enemies have 25% increased health and damage
- Enemies deal 25% increased damage
- Enemies deal 50% increased elemental damage
- Enemies have a 15% chance to chill on hit
- Enemies have a 12% chance to slow on hit
- Enemies have 30% increased health
- High health enemies deal 30% increased damage
- High health enemies take 25% less damage
- Enemies have 30% Endurance
- The Age of Winter Timeline boss Heorot is themed around Physical and Cold damage.
- Cap your Physical and Cold resistances.
- Avoid Alpine Halls, Burning Forest, Solarum Ascent and Storm Swept Isle. Seek out Boreal Forest, Broken Hills, Forest Trails, Midnight Strand and Willow Marsh.
- Useful Blessings: Bulwark of the Tundra, Protection of Heorot, and Resolve of Grael.
- Echo Rewards: Ring and Amulet echo rewards.
- Boss Uniques: Call of the Tundra, Reign of Winter, Yulia's Path and Faith of the Frozen.
Written by Terek.
Reviewed by Raxxanterax.