Boost your Magic Find as high as possible and farm the Pit in solo games for a high efficiency. Bump up the player count in Single Player as you become stronger and able to destroy high density areas.
Why farm the Pit?
The Pit Level 1 and 2 are Area Level (alvl) 85 zones in Diablo 2 Resurrected. Elite Packs in this area can drop every Set and Unique item in the game, making them incredibly valuable to farm.
Killing high monster density frequently rewards you with High Runes (up to Zod Rune), Charms and valuable Runeword Bases as well, especially on high player counts (/players 7).
|Caster Builds||Arachnid Mesh|
Tal Rasha's Guardianship
|Attack Builds||Andariel's Visage|
Verdungo's Hearty Cord
Crown of ages
How do I find the Pit?
Tips & Tricks
Maximize Magic Find
Super high level Unique and Set Items are the main reason to farm any max level area. Optimizing the "Better Chance of Getting Magic Items" Stat increases your chance of finding them. Since monsters in this area have very low average Life, you can get away with reducing your damage significantly.
High Player Count
A high player count increases the amount of items dropping at 3/5/7 players which increases your chance for dropping good Base Items, Runes, Flawless Gems, Charms, and Jewels. Play at the highest count you feel comfortable on!
As alluded to earlier, the Pit is an easy area to farm because of the low Life monsters that spawn here. High mobility is key to make this farming area as efficient as possible.
- Amazon - Lightning Fury
- The Javazon is the pinnacle of damage on the Amazon. To kill every Elite Group she relies on a Mercenary with Infinity as Dark Archers are Immune to Lightning. Any other monster is easy pickings for her, even without it.
- Without Enigma, she faces some mobility problems.
- Assassin - Lightning Sentry
- The Trapsin can kill everything in the Pit, even without Infinity. Utilize Fire Blast against Dark Archers (Immune to Lightning) and Lightning Sentry + Death Sentry throughout the area.
- Burst of Speed grants great mobility at all times, making Enigma not as important.
- Barbarian - Berserk
- When it comes to Elite hunting, no build on the Barbarian is as efficient as the Zerker. When properly equipped, this guy just jumps onto a boss, uses howl, and basically one-shots the boss.
- Find Item adds a chance for additional drops from the boss. This increases farming efficiency of any Barbarian build by around 30%.
- This build is frequently called the "Pit-Zerker" because it is the best build to farm here.
- Druid - Hurricane Tornado
- This Druid is well suited for farming the Pit by absorbing a lot of damage with cyclonearmor. With a high Life pool through Oak Sage and summons to tank melee attack damage, he has little to fear.
- With Physical and Cold Damage, this build is capable of killing every monster in the area. A lot of the low Life monsters just explode from a couple of ticks from Hurricane.
- Necromancer - Poison Nova
- Corpse Explosion is a very powerful ability to clear out density very quickly. As it is a native Skill of the Necromancer, all their builds are powerful in the Pit.
- Due to the low Life of monsters, Poison Nova is especially powerful to create the first corpses for your chain reaction with Corpse Explosion.
- Bone Armor makes you virtually immortal, as most damage in here is Physical.
- Paladin - Blessed Hammer
- The Hammerdin is the best build for farming the Pit as a Paladin. Even before Enigma this character can shred this area. His high mobility from Charge, Vigor, and Staff of Teleportation make him only marginally slower than the Sorceress in getting there in the early game.
- There are no monsters that can be Immune to Magic, which allows the Hammerdin to kill everything.
- Sorceress - Fire Ball Nova
- This hybrid build is designed to destroy the Pit in solo gameplay. With both Fire and Lightning Damage, you can kill every monster in there.
- Infinity can increase your kill speed significantly but is not required at all!
- Backtrack from the Outer Cloister Waypoint and follow the path to find the Pit quickly.
- The Pit is a max level area with low Life enemies that can drop every Unique and Set item in the game.
- Focus your efforts on Elite Groups, they are the reason why you are here. Kill all of them on both floors!
- When your Area of Effect clear becomes stronger, start experimenting with a higher player count to increase your chance for Runes, Bases and Charms.
- Always open the Golden Chest in Pit Level 2!
Written by Teo1904
Reviewed by Raxxanterax
No changes for Patch 2.4
Fixed formatting issues