Welcome to the Shadow Daggers Bladedancer Guide. Do you want to go fast? Well it's hard to go much faster than this build thanks to its very high movespeed, a short cooldown on Shift and most of our damage coming from skills with the movement tag. In fact, it hardly ever wants to stop! You would think with so much speed there has to be a downside, but the Shadow Dagger Bladedancer also has great damage and excellent defenses. It truly has no weakness, making it one of the best builds in the game.
To deal our damage we proc Shadow Daggers from Umbral Blades, Smoke Bomb, Shadow Cascade and Synchronized Strike. Despite using so many skills we're able to maintain the high speed playstyle by casting Umbral Blades with Shift and Shadow Cascade through both Shift and Synchronized Strike. This minimizes our need to stop, keeping us on the move even while we blast through enemies.
Shadow Daggers has excellent scaling from Siphon of Anguish, and our defenses are turbo charged from Smoke Weaver and Wings of Argentus, but this build scales so well that none of them are necessary to get sufficient damage and survivability.
Overall, Shadow Daggers Bladedancer is a great build for any type of content. It excels at clearing Monolith Echoes fast but the speed and tankiness also make it great for Dungeons and Arena. If you like the playstyle, you really can't go wrong with this build!
Exceptionally Fast ✔
Very Good Damage ✔
Good At All Content ✔
❌ Can Feel 'Out of Control'
❌ Some Mana Management
❌ Vulnerable When Not Moving
❌ Maxing The Build Requires Uniques
Umbral Blades applies 3 Shadow Daggers ailments per second and persists for 5+ seconds. We cast it through Shift with Umbral Remnant plus Lasting Presence and Dancing Shadows. Since we're scaling Shadow Daggers damage and not Umbral Blades we can convert it to Cold for the Chill.
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives on the first half of all Masteries regardless of the one you chose.
- Since we're almost always moving Evasion is a huge damage reduction buff.
- With the right gear and the Haste buff from Agility we can spend a lot of time well over 100% Movement Speed, making the damage buff from this node very strong.
- Blood Dance and Melee Damage Leeched as Health from gloves are our primary sources of sustain so get this passive as soon as possible.
- Crit Multi is hard to come by so All In is a huge damage buff. Shadow Daggers always crits so there's no downside here.
- Swift Assassin and Once provide extra benefit since Shadow Daggers has both Melee and Throwing tags.
- While Pursuit is a decent damage buff, the main benefit it provides is Movement Speed.
- Thanks to Focus Fire and Wound Maker we don't need to worry as much about taking Dodge or Critical Strike Avoidance modifiers in the Monolith of Fate.
- Perfection stacks provide large buffs to damage as well as Armor and Dodge from Confidence. We also take one point in Exuberance to double our stack generation.
- If you play hardcore, investing in Death's Door is always an option for additional DR. Note that unlike stamina the DR from this node only kicks in once you're already at low health. This means it won't protect from potential one shots when you're above the low health threshold.
Make sure to complete the Campaign to get all your Passive Points.
To maximize both our damage and defenses we want to keep moving as much as possible. This means a healthy dose of Shift and Synchronized Strike while using Smoke Bomb strategically when we're safe from getting hit.
- Stay on the move and use Shift on cooldown
- Use Synchronized Strike against tanky enemies and packs. Make sure to use the skill directly on top of them for maximum Shadow Daggers stacks. When in extended fights against enemies with DoTs make sure to use it at least every 4 seconds to maintain Crimson Shroud stacks from Crimson Storm.
- In extended fights, find a safe spot near enemies to cast Smoke Bomb. Try to stay in the Smoke to gain damage from Smoke Blades.
- If the enemies become overwhelming, use Decoy to taunt them and buy some time.
- If mana is getting low use Shift a few times in a row before using Synchronized Strike again.
- Run to the objective using Shift on cooldown. Most of the enemies nearby will be killed from Shadow Cascade and Umbral Blades. Shifting near enemies will make it easier for Umbral Blades to find its target.
- Use Synchronized Strike on Rare enemies along the way. This should one shot them most of the time.
- Upon reaching the objective:
- If it's a single enemy cast Smoke Bomb then continuously cycle between Synchronized Strike and Shift until they are dead.
- If it's a group follow a similar strategy by using Smoke Bomb on cooldown near large groups or tanky enemies, then target enemies with your Synchronized Strike/Shift rotation. If you run low on mana Shift a few times in a row without using Synchronized Strike. If you start to feel overwhelmed at any point use Decoy.
- Use Smoke Bomb on cooldown as long as it's safe to do so.
- Synchronized Strike into the boss and then immediately Shift away. Continuously do this as long as you have enough mana.
- If you're low on mana Shift a few times without using Synchronized Strike until your mana refills.
- Use Decoy in emergencies when you need a breather or to keep adds off of you.
Advanced Skill Tips
Learn more about how to maximize your gameplay in the Build Scaling section of this guide.
Learn about the Gear, Gear Progression, Empowered Blessings and Idols for the Shadow Daggers Bladedancer Build.
Gearing in Last Epoch revolves around finding Items and then using the powerful Crafting System to enhance them. As long as an Item has Forging Potential left, players can upgrade or modify their Affixes up to Tier 5. However, the powerful Exalted Tier Affixes are drop only and can't be modified by players.
Using the correct Item Bases allows you to make use of their amazing Implicits, this is fundamental for gearing efficiently. Combine Implicits, Passives, Idols and Blessings to cap your Resistances and other defensive layers, while fitting as much Health related Affixes into your gear as possible. Plan ahead for your next upgrades and consider the final Empowered Blessings of your build while gearing. Finish up by farming Uniques with Legendary Potential and Sealing Affixes into Exalted Items to unleash all of your build's power!
Here are the Stat Goals for this build:
- Capped Resistances
- Capped Critical Strike Avoidance
- 50-60% Endurance
- 2000 - 3000 Health
- 30% - 40%+ Dodge Chance (Pre Buffs)
- 1500+ Block Effectiveness
- 1000+ Armor (Pre Buffs)
- 50%+ Armor Shred Chance
- 175+ Flat Phys Damage
- 100%+ Physical Penetration with Shadow Daggers
- 125%+ Critical Strike Multiplier
- 50% - 75%+ Movement Speed (Pre Buffs)
- 80+% Increased Mana Regen
- 30+ Dexterity
Upgrade your T20 set up with Exalted items, high value Sealed Affixes or ideally both. Obtain the Affixes included in the Planner, but prioritize the indicated Item Bases for their Implicits. Make sure to Seal highly efficient low tier Affixes. Ward and Ailment Cleansing on Potion Use is a priority on your belt to remove DoTs.
Farm Smoke Weaver and Siphon of Anguish with Legendary Potential. Aim for the indicated Affixes in the Planner for each slot.
Focus on finishing your Idol set up. Prioritize well rolled Increased Shadow Daggers Effect or Health Prefixes depending on whether you need more offense or defense. On your suffixes use Elemental Resistance as needed and switch to Increased Armour Shred Duration when resistance capped. Keep looking for double health Stout Lagonian Idols at the highest possible rolls.
Learn the basics for crafting gear with our Beginner Crafting Guide.
Check our Unique Item & Set Farming Guide and learn how to get them!
Want to know more about Legendary Items? Check our Legendary Guide!
Completing a Timeline in the Monolith of Fate lets you choose one of several randomized Blessings from its unique pool. Their benefits are permanent and persist even outside of the Monolith of Fate.
Empowered Blessings are a fundamental part of all builds, so getting the correct ones for each is key.
The sooner you reach Empowered Monolith, the faster you can start farming your desired Blessings!
Normal Blessings are not important as they are eventually replaced by Empowered Blessings. However they can still be a great source of Resistances, Critical Strike Avoidance or Life Leech for your build early on.
Pick up these Normal Blessings on your way to Empowered:
- Echo of Solarum
- Bastion of Divinity
- Survival of Might
- Persistance of Will
- Protection of Heorot
- Resolve of Grael
- Heart of the Caldera
- Body of Obsidian
- Bones of Eternity
Note: Don't target farm Normal Blessings. Get to Empowered Monolith as fast as you can.
Learn how to farm Blessings fast with our Advanced Monolith Strategies.
Idols grant your character bonuses when equipped in the dedicated Idol Container. Unlock all the slots of your Idol Container by completing the Campaign and some of its Side Quests. Remember that some Idols are Class specific and you won't be able to equip them with other non-compatible Classes.
These are the Idols recommended for this build:
- Look for Large Shadow Idol with Increased Shadow Daggers Effect or %Health and Elemental Resistance or Increased Armour Shred Duration. Use Shadow Dagger Prefixes If you need damage, otherwise go health. For suffixes take Elemental Resistances until capped then go with the Armor Shred.
- You also want four Stout Lagonian Idols with %Health. Look for flat Health Suffix or Resistances if needed.
Other useful Idol Affixes
This build is focused around consistent and fast paced movement with lots of large Shadow Daggers crits clearing everything in our path. The playstyle needs high Movement Speed and Dodge because when we're going fast and not getting hit we're at our best with all of our buffs up. We also want to ensure that we're taking the right stats to scale Shadow Daggers so Flat Damage, Crit Multi, and Physical Penetration with Shadow Daggers are what we push for.
- Flat Melee/Throwing Damage: With 450% Added Damage Scaling from Shadow Daggers we can never have too much Flat Damage. Thanks to Shadow Daggers having both Melee and Throwing tags the Passive nodes Swift Assassin and Once will provide a double benefit. Try to get Melee Physical Damage on a Legendary Smoke Weaver to really boost your damage!
- Physical Penetration With Shadow Daggers: Since we don't get Physical Penetration anywhere else in our build and we're only scaling Physical Damage, this stat effectively works as a multiplier for all of our damage. Prioritize your helmet and get as much as you can on your idols without sacrificing too much HP. If you're incredibly lucky and get a Wings of Argentus with LP, see if you can get insanely lucky and put a tier 7 Increased Shadow Daggers Effect on it to effectively double your damage!
- Increased Mana Regeneration: Synchronized Strike is very expensive and we want to be able to spam it as much as possible. We need a large amount of Mana Regen to make this happen so this is a priority, especially early on. Get as much as you need to make the build feel good. The passive Spell Breaker is always an option if you feel like the build needs more.
- Critical Strike Multiplier: Increases the Damage your Crits deal. We get 75% for free from All In. Stack the rest on gear. You can add a Legendary Li'raka's Claws if you can fit it in. The gloves only give Throwing Crit Multi but it's a huge amount so the damage increase is noticeable.
- Chance To Shred Armour on Hit: Each stack of this Ailment reduces enemy Armour by 100 for 4 seconds and stacks infinitely. Enemies have 0 Armour by default and it can go into the negatives. At -1000 Armour a target takes 23.7% increased Physical Damage, while at -4000 Armour it takes 57.2%. With the amount of hits the build has, the stacks ramp up quickly. We get a lot of Armour Shred from our skills, so with some Increased Armour Shred Duration on Idols and 50-100% Chance To Shred Armour on Hit on our gear we can easily shred over 10k Armour
- Dexterity: We get both Increased Damage and Dodge Rating from this stat. It's not a priority in gearing and we can get most of our Dexterity from passives, but fitting this in wherever we have room is a nice bonus.
- Increased Damage: We get so much of this from Passives, Dexterity and Smoke Bomb that we don't really need it on our gear.
Recommended End Game Activities
Last Epoch has multiple end game activities with completely different roles and rewards. All the builds at Maxroll.gg have been tested and are designed to complete all available content. However, not all builds excel at doing the same activities. Make sure you are familiar with the end game strengths and weaknesses of your character.
The Monolith of Fate is the main end game system. Most of your character gear upgrades are found here. Once you get all of your desired Empowered Blessings, you can start pushing Corruption to increase your chances at finding incredible Exalted Items. The Monolith of Fate rewards speedy builds that are able to target farm Echo Reward Nodes or stack Timeline Stability as fast as possible.
This Bladedancer is one of the best builds for Monolith of Fate farming. It's very safe, has great AoE, and has excellent speed to rush objectives. Its high single target damage makes it great for defeating Bosses and earning their Unique drops and Blessings.
Your goals in the Monolith of Fate will differ greatly depending on what build you play and what stage your character progression is at. Here are the objectives you should aim at when playing this build:
- Reach Empowered Monolith as fast as possible.
- Farm your Combat Empowered Blessings. Prioritize gaining Timeline Stability and fight the Timeline Bosses as often as possible. Once you are done with one Timeline, move to the next one. Reach 200 Corruption to farm your desired Blessings faster, as it unlocks a 5th option to choose from after you defeat a Timeline Boss. Defeat the Shade of Orobyss to gain and transfer Corruption between Timelines.
- Get your Drop Rate Empowered Blessings. Start with Grand Binds of Sanctuary at The Stolen Lance Timeline since the boss also drops Wings of Argentus, allowing you to farm both at the same time.
- Farm for key Uniques.
- As you farm for Uniques, stack Corruption as high as your gear can handle. The higher Corruption you do, the more Items you find. Get your character ready for the other end game activities.
Every time you choose an Echo a Modifier comes attached with it, adding difficulty and changing how enemies behave. These Modifiers stay active for a maximum of 6 Echoes and stack with each other. Some Modifiers can handicap your build immensely while others can almost be ignored. Monolith Modifiers scale with Corruption and increase the Item Rarity of Echoes. Ideally you want to do the hardest content possible, without delaying your clear times. Keep up Item Rarity as high as you can without it slowing you down.
- Enemy Critical Strike Avoidance (Ignored thanks to Critical Strike Vulnerability).
- Enemy Critical Strike Chance (Once you have 100% Critical Strike Avoidance).
- Enemy chance to Dodge (Ignored thanks to Focus Fire).
- Enemies heal if they have not been damaged recently.
- Rare enemies have high speed and crit chance until approached.
- Rare enemies regenerate health.
Avoid these Modifiers
- Enemy chance to receive a Glancing Blow.
- High health enemies take less damage.
- High health enemies deal increased damage.
- While bossing: enemies Enrage at half health and enemies gain Frenzy and Haste when hit.
Learn more about the Monolith of Fate with our Empowered Monolith Guide.
Loot Filter Video Guide and other Resources for the Shadow Daggers Bladedancer Build.
Loot Filters are critical in Last Epoch. Making sure you highlight all the related valuable Item Bases, Affixes, Uniques and Idols is crucial to ensure your character's progression. As your gear gets better, remember to hide the rules that are no longer useful to avoid screen clutter.
Here is the Endgame Loot Filter for this build:
Learn how to load and make Filters with our Loot Filter Guide.
Overall Shadow Daggers Bladedancer is a great build that can deal with all the content in the game and clear it faster than almost any other build in the game.
- Go very fast without sacrificing damage or survivability. The faster you go, the better!
- Fully embrace the playstyle of the build and enhance it with every component, making full use of the Evasion, Asuvon's Pact, Perfection and Confidence Nodes that reward you for going fast and not getting hit.
- Assassinate your enemies from up close!
- Use Decoy to distract and group your enemies. Take advantage of this to reposition and DPS.
- Take advantage of Smoke Weaver, Wings of Argentus and Siphon of Anguish to really turbocharge the playstyle.
- Shift can save you from incoming Damage. Time it perfectly for the Damage Immunity!
Written by McFluffin.
Reviewed by Lizard_IRL, Aristotelian