The Fireball Sorcerer can unleash a deadly barrage of enemy-seeking Fire Spells to incinerate your enemies! The cascade of Fireballs travels through the battlefield looking for their next target while the Meteors empower them and cause havoc. This Fireball seeks, pierces and destroys its foes... Only their ashes remain.
The Sorcerer stays away from threats while in combat but has plenty of tools to protect himself in case enemies get too close. Flame Ward is an incredible Defensive Skill with tons of Damage Reduction that can save him even from the most dangerous attacks. The build also has decent mobility thanks to Teleport. This Movement Skill grants great defensive buffs on use.
This setup doesn't require any Unique to function. However Items like Prism Wraps, Twisted Heart of Uhkeiros and Aurora's Time Glass have the potential to enhance the build's power tremendously.
Overall the Fireball Sorcerer is a great build suited for all the content in the game, even in Hardcore. If you are looking for a super fun caster with a kite based playstyle, this build is perfect for you!
Long Range Spells ✔
Fast Paced Gameplay ✔
Great Defensive Support Skills ✔
Good Scaling With Gear & Uniques ✔
❌ Uses 2 Damage Skills
❌ Requires Game Knowledge
❌ Active Kite Based Playstyle
❌ Defensive Skills Require Timing
Fireball is your main Damage Skill. The combination between Embers, Seeker's Ash and Piercing Heat completely transforms how this Spell behaves. It has the Fire Resistance Shred Ailment built in thanks to the Flammability Node. Invest extra points in Mana Sphere or Immolated Core.
Alternative Skills & Tips
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives on the first half of all Masteries regardless of the one you chose.
- Take all the Intelligence, Cast Speed, Spell Critical Strike Chance and Critical Strike Multiplier Nodes.
- Lavamancer provides a bit of Leech and is crucial for sustain early on.
- Investing points into Elemental Affinity and Elemental Ascendance helps cap Elemental Resistances.
- Calculated Destruction is crucial to raise your Spell Critical Strike Chance.
- Arcane Flames grants a Fire Damage Multiplier that boosts your DPS substantially.
- Recollection and Archmage are a must have for most Sorcerers.
- The Spark Novas from Distant Spark are great for applying Ailments.
Make sure to complete the Campaign to get all your Passive Points.
This Sorcerer wants to position itself far away from the enemies while casting deadly Spells. Make sure you are familiar with enemy mechanics to know when to use your Support Skills to stay alive. Pay attention to the telegraphed attacks of your enemies and stay out of their range.
- Buff yourself by casting Teleport.
- Cast Meteor for the Craterborn buff.
- Kite while spamming Fireball at your enemies.
- Use Flame Ward defensively before you take Damage.
- Refresh your Teleport defensive buffs by casting it before they expire.
- Use Focus to generate Mana.
- This Fireball setup has 100% pierce chance. Line up enemy packs!
- Use Focus efficiently to gain Haste for the maximum duration possible.
- Get the Comet Rush Node for Teleport while mapping for the Cooldown it provides for it.
- Use Teleport to leave dangerous enemies behind and traverse terrain gaps.
- Take advantage of all your defensive buffs and keep them active.
- Flame Ward can save you from incoming Damage. Time it against dangerous telegraphed Boss attacks.
Advanced Skill Tips
Learn more about how to maximize your gameplay in the Build Scaling section of this guide.
Gearing in Last Epoch revolves around finding Items and then using the powerful Crafting System to enhance them. As long as an Item has Forging Potential left, players can upgrade or modify their Affixes up to Tier 5. However, the powerful Exalted Tier Affixes are drop only and can't be modified by players.
Using the correct Item Bases allows you to make use of their amazing Implicits, this is fundamental for gearing efficiently. Combine Implicits, Passives, Idols and Blessings to cap your Resistances and other defensive layers, while fitting as much Health related Affixes or Endurance Threshold into your gear as possible. Plan ahead for your next upgrades and consider the final Empowered Blessings of your build while gearing. Finish up by farming Uniques with Legendary Potential and Sealing Affixes into Exalted Items to unleash all of your build's power!
Here are the Stat Goals for this build:
- Capped Resistances
- Capped Critical Strike Avoidance
- Capped Endurance
- 2000 - 3300 Health
- 35% - 45%+ Armour
- 300+ Mana
- 50 - 80+ Intelligence
- 2000 - 6000+ Ward (while in combat)
- 300%+ Spell Critical Strike Multiplier
- 40% - 70%+ Movement Speed
Once you cover your Void Resistance with a well rolled Grand Echo of Solarum Blessing, replace your Crusader Gauntlets with Engraved Gauntlets for their Endurance Implicit.
Get Chance to Apply Frailty on Hit to decrease the Damage enemies deal to you. This Ailment is really important and should always be kept in mind. Make sure you have enough Mana Regeneration to sustain.
When all your core Defenses are covered, start working on your Damage. Get Chance To Shred Armour on Hit on your Engraved Gauntlets or your Amulet. Cast Speed, Intelligence and Critical Strike Multiplier are also amazing for this build.
As you finish up your Empowered Blessings keep a decent Health pool, capped Resistances, Endurance and Critical Strike Avoidance. Your goal is to have items with 4 valuable T5 Affixes, also known as T20.
Farm Prism Wraps and Twisted Heart of Uhkeiros. The second one is a rare drop from the Emperor of Corpses in the Reign of Dragons Monolith Timeline and can be deterministically farmed there. The defenses of the build greatly increase with everything these Uniques provide. Consider using Logi's Hunger instead of Prism Wraps for your source of Fire Leech.
Learn the basics for crafting gear with our Beginner Crafting Guide.
Check our Unique Item & Set Farming Guide and learn how to get them!
Want to know more about Legendary Items? Check our Legendary Guide!
Completing a Timeline in the Monolith of Fate lets you choose one of several randomized Blessings from its unique pool. Their benefits are permanent and persist even outside of the Monolith of Fate.
Empowered Blessings are a fundamental part of all builds, so getting the correct ones for each is key.
The sooner you reach Empowered Monolith, the faster you can start farming your desired Blessings!
Normal Blessings are not important as they are eventually replaced by Empowered Blessings. However they can still be a great source of Resistances, Critical Strike Avoidance or Life Leech for your build early on.
Pick up these Normal Blessings on your way to Empowered:
- Echo of Solarum
- Hunger of the Void
- Survival of Might
- Persistance of Will
- Protection of Heorot
- Resolve of Grael
- Heart of the Caldera
- Embers of Immortality
Note: Don't target farm Normal Blessings. Get to Empowered Monolith as fast as you can.
Learn how to farm Blessings fast with our Advanced Monolith Strategies.
Idols grant your character bonuses when equipped in the dedicated Idol Container. Unlock all the slots of your Idol Container by completing the Campaign and some of its Side Quests. Remember that some Idols are Class specific and you won't be able to equip them with other non-compatible Classes.
These are the Idols recommended for this build:
- Find 3 Adorned Arcane Idol with Ward Retention and Increased Fire Damage (Doubled If You Have Over 300 Max Mana) Idols. These Idols are great for increasing your DPS. Get them as well rolled as possible and make sure you have at least 300 Mana to double the effect of the Suffix.
- Get a Throne of Ambition. You can farm it in The Stolen Lance Empowered Monolith Timeline. It's a rare drop from God Hunter Argentus.
- Finish up the setup with Resistance related Idols. You might also need extra Mana out of your Idols early on, so keep an eye for anything useful.
Other useful Idol Affixes
This build uses Meteor to enhance Fireball's Damage. Both abilities are Fire Spells that scale with the same stats to deal big Crits to your enemies. This Sorcerer also has great survivability thanks to its multiple defensive layers and the Unique Items it can take advantage of.
- Adaptive Spell Damage: You want to get as much Flat Damage as possible. Nodes like Spell Slinger and Archmage grant raw Adaptive Spell Damage and are extremely valuable for DPS. Cinder Song is not considered for this setup due to its low Flat Spell Damage values.
- Cast Speed: The faster you attack the more Spells you cast and Ailments you apply. This is especially important to scale Fireball since its Skill Tree doesn't have good Damage Multipliers.
- Idols: Increased Fire Damage (Doubled If You Have Over 300 Max Mana) is great for increasing your DPS. Get it as well rolled as possible and make sure you have at least 300 Mana to double the effect of the Suffix. They are a priority when it comes to scaling this build and its main source of Increased Damage. Throne of Ambition provides an insane DPS boost while fighting Bosses.
- Intelligence: Meteor and Fireball gain 4% Damage per point or Intelligence. It also provides %Spell Critical Chance thanks to Calculated Destruction. Additionally it grants 4% Ward Retention per point, which adds a nice defensive layer for the build.
- Spell Critical Strike Chance: It's easy to cap with a good Implicit on your Crystal Skull plus some Intelligence and %Spell Critical Strike Chance on your gear.
- Critical Strike Multiplier: Increases the Damage your Crits deal. Arcane Obliteration 50% on its own. Build as much as you can on your gear.
- Flammability: Fireball has built in Fire Resistance Shred thanks to this Node. Since the build attacks so fast and has many hits, it is extremely easy to apply the maximum 10 stacks to your targets, increasing the Fire Damage enemies take by 50% (20% for Bosses).
- Chance To Shred Armour on Hit: Each stack of this Ailment reduces enemy Armour by 100 for 4 seconds and stacks infinitely. Enemies have 0 Armour by default and it can go into the negatives. At -1000 Armour a target takes 16.5% increased Fire Damage, while at -4000 Armour it takes 40%. With the amount of hits the build has, the stacks ramp up quickly.
Recommended End Game Activities
Last Epoch has multiple end game activities with completely different roles and rewards. All the builds in Maxroll.gg have been tested and are designed to complete all available content. However, not all builds excel at doing the same activities. Make sure you are familiar with the end game strengths and weaknesses of your character.
The Monolith of Fate is the main end game system. Most of your character gear upgrades are found here. Once you get all of your desired Empowered Blessings, you can start pushing Corruption to increase your chances at finding incredible Exalted Items. The Monolith of Fate rewards speedy builds that are able to target farm Echo Reward Nodes or stack Timeline Stability as fast as possible.
This Sorcerer is a great Monolith of Fate farmer. It's very safe and has great range. While it's not the fastest build for rushing objectives, it's a balanced setup that can do it all.
Your goals in the Monolith of Fate will differ greatly depending on what build you play and what stage your character progression is at. Here are the objectives you should aim at when playing this build:
- Reach Empowered Monolith as fast as possible.
- Farm your Combat Empowered Blessings. Prioritize gaining Timeline Stability and fight the Timeline Bosses as often as possible. Once you are done with one Timeline, move to the next one. Reach 200 Corruption to farm your desired Blessings faster, as it unlocks a 5th option to choose from after you defeat a Timeline Boss. Defeat the Shade of Orobyss to gain and transfer Corruption between Timelines.
- Farm your first Drop Rate Empowered Blessing in The Stolen Lance Empowered Monolith Timeline. Here you should also farm Throne of Ambition until you get it.
- Finish up the rest of your Drop Rate Empowered Blessings.
- Farm for key Uniques.
- As you farm for Uniques, stack Corruption as high as your gear can handle. The higher Corruption you do, the more Items you find. Get your character ready for the other end game activities.
Every time you choose an Echo a Modifier comes attached with it, adding difficulty and changing how enemies behave. These Modifiers stay active for a maximum of 6 Echoes and stack with each other. Some Modifiers can handicap your build immensely while others can almost be ignored. Monolith Modifiers scale with Corruption and increase the Item Rarity of Echoes. Ideally you want to do the hardest content possible, without delaying your clear times. Keep up Item Rarity as high as you can without it slowing you down.
- Enemy Critical Strike Chance (Once you have 100% Critical Strike Avoidance).
- Enemies heal if they have not been damaged recently.
- Rare enemies have high speed and crit chance until approached.
- Rare enemies regenerate health.
Avoid these Modifiers
- Enemy chance to receive a Glancing Blow.
- Enemy Critical Strike Avoidance.
- Enemy chance to Dodge.
- High health enemies take less damage.
- High health enemies deal increased damage.
- Increased enemy Movement Speed.
- While bossing: enemies Enrage at half health and enemies gain Frenzy and Haste when hit.
Learn more about the Monolith of Fate with our Empowered Monolith Guide.
Loot Filters are critical in Last Epoch. Making sure you highlight all the related valuable Item Bases, Affixes, Uniques and Idols is crucial to ensure your character's progression. As your gear gets better, remember to hide the rules that are no longer useful to avoid screen clutter.
Here is the Endgame Loot Filter for this build:
Learn how to load and make Filters with our Loot Filter Guide.
Overall the Fireball Sorcerer is a very fun build capable of completing all the content in the game. It has insane Range, a very active playstyle and has great survivability thanks to its multiple defensive layers and powerful Unique Items.
- Cast Meteor for the Craterborn buff.
- Kite while spamming Fireball at your enemies.
- While they are not mandatory, Prism Wraps, Twisted Heart of Uhkeiros, Aurora's Time Glass and Throne of Ambition are great Uniques that you want to get to scale the build to its full potential.
- Teleport is a great Movement Skill that grants great defensive buffs on use.
- Flame Ward is an incredible Defensive Skill with tons of Damage Reduction that can save you from incoming Damage. Time it against dangerous telegraphed Boss attacks.
- Use Focus to generate Mana if needed.
Written by Lizard_IRL.
Reviewed by McFluffin, Facefoot