The Bleed Hammerdin uses spiraling Hammer Throw to apply stacks of Bleed, a deadly Ailment that deals Physical Damage Over Time, making quick work of even the toughest enemies. The highlight of this build is its exceptional tankiness, allowing you to fearlessly fight any foe you encounter.
Cast Sigils Of Hope to gain powerful buffs, use Volatile Reversal to apply debuffs to your enemies and move quickly around the map with unspecced Shield Rush. Get an Adorned Rahyeh Idol with Chance To Cast Smite When You Hit With Throwing Attacks to proc Smite through Hammer Throw to further enhance the build's survivability and Damage.
This build can scale its tankiness to infinity by stacking Health Regen and Strength for amazing sustain and tons of Ward with Vessel of Strife and Cleaver Solution. These Uniques are required for the Ward setup. The Health version in the Advanced planner can be played without any Uniques.
This setup can also take advantage of many other Uniques. Legendary Bulwark of the Last Abyss enables effortless 100% Block Chance. Red Ring of Atlaria, Aurora's Time Glass and Azurral's Fury further enhance the tankiness. Blood of the Exile and Salt the Wound provide a lot of Damage for the build.
Overall, Bleed Hammerdin is an amazing build capable of defeating all content in the game. It’s also great to compete in the Endless Arena. It’s easy to play, has great Damage and it can get extremely tanky with good gear. If you are looking for a true juggernaut that fills the screen with swirling hammers, this setup is perfect for you!
Sigils Of Hope
Easy to Play ✔
Decent Clear Speed ✔
Amazing Survivability ✔
Good Scaling With Gear & Uniques ✔
❌ Mana Management
❌ Heavy Buff Management
❌ Hammers Take Time to Ramp Up
❌ Potential Locked Behind Uniques
Hammer Throw is your main Damage skill. Iron Spiral makes your Hammers spiral, while Catapult provides additional projectiles. Grab Ballista and Weighted Hammers for the Damage multipliers and Mana cost reduction. Rapid Throw grants a good amount of extra Attack Speed.
Alternative Skills & Tips
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives on the first half of all Masteries regardless of the one you chose.
- Armour Clad grants Damage Reduction and is crucial for any Sentinel's survivability.
- Juggernaut, Abyssal Endurance, Holy Icon and Defiance provide tons of Resistances. Use them as needed.
- Place at least 1 Point into Gladiator, Steel Aegis, Honour and Shield Wall for the Block Chance.
- Combine Faith Armour with gear to cap your Critical Strike Avoidance.
- Penance and Redemption provide tons of Damage.
- The stats granted by Reverence of Duality are extremely powerful.
- Invest your final Points in Weapons Master. The Strength granted by this node and Juggernaut are great when combined with Cleaver Solution.
Make sure to complete the Campaign to get all your Passive Points.
This Paladin uses Hammer Throw to create spirals of Hammers that rapidly apply deadly stacks of Bleed to all enemies that get close enough. Make sure you are familiar with enemy mechanics to know when to use your Support Skills to stay alive. Pay attention to their telegraphed attacks!
- Cast 5 Sigils Of Hope for their buffs.
- Spam Hammer Throw at enemies. Stand close to them to maximize damage.
- Use unspecced Shield Rush or Lunge to move across the map.
- Cast Volatile Reversal and Holy Aura on top of enemies for their buffs and extra Damage.
- Maintain 5 Sigils Of Hope up at all times.
- Rush to the objective with unspecced Shield Rush or Lunge.
- Proc the Haste buff from Holy Aura's Expedite Node for the additional Movement Speed.
- Be careful not to backtrack when using Volatile Reversal.
- Group mobs before using Volatile Reversal and Holy Aura to maximize their Buffs.
- Use Hammer Throw while staying on the move to maximize clear and reduce incoming damage.
- Take advantage of all your defensive buffs and keep them active.
- Actively use Holy Aura to double the effect of its buffs.
- Use Volatile Reversal to ramp up your damage then spam Hammer Throw, staying as close as you can to the Boss. This maximizes Damage by giving you the highest potential of multiple hits from the same Hammer.
- Keep a Movement Skill off Cooldown for emergency situations or telegraphed Boss attacks.
- Use unspecced Rebuke to tank telegraphed Boss attacks. Place it on your bar instead of Shield Rush.
Advanced Skill Tips
Learn more about how to maximize your gameplay in the Build Scaling section of this guide.
Gearing in Last Epoch revolves around finding Items and then using the powerful Crafting System to enhance them. As long as an Item has Forging Potential left, players can upgrade or modify their Affixes up to Tier 5. However, the powerful Exalted Tier Affixes are drop only and can't be modified by players.
Using the correct Item Bases allows you to make use of their amazing Implicits, this is fundamental for gearing efficiently. Combine Implicits, Passives, Idols and Blessings to cap your Resistances and other defensive layers, while fitting as much Health related Affixes or Endurance Threshold into your gear as possible. Plan ahead for your next upgrades and consider the final Blessings of your build while gearing. Finish up by farming Uniques with Legendary Potential and Sealing Affixes into Exalted Items to unleash all of your build's power!
Here are the Stat Goals for this build:
- Capped Resistances
- Capped Critical Strike Avoidance
- Capped Endurance
- 2000 - 2500+ Health
- 60% - 70%+ Armour Mitigation
- 2500+ Block Effectiveness
- 50% - 100% Block Chance
- 1000+ Health Regen (With Buffs)
- 5000+ Stable Ward
- 400%+ Ward Retention
Upgrade your T20 setup with Exalted items, high value Sealed Affixes or ideally both. Obtain the Affixes included in the Planner, but prioritize the indicated Item Bases for their Implicits. Make sure to Seal highly efficient low tier Affixes.
Transition into the Ward setup by farming Vessel of Strife. It can only be acquired from T4 Julra in Temporal Sanctum and always drops with Legendary Potential. This item allows you to get Ward by building Health Regen.
Cleaver Solution is also required to properly take advantage of Ward. It grants you free Intelligence by stacking Strength, providing tons of Ward Retention. This item is a common world drop and easily farmable with Legendary Potential. Aim for the indicated Affixes in the Planner.
Farm Bulwark of the Last Abyss with Legendary Potential. This Shield allows you to easily cap Block, providing a lot of tankiness. It has a 50% drop rate from Harton's Husk in Fall of the Empire Empowered Monolith Timeline. Get Block Chance on it. In this same Timeline, farm Unique Belt Echo Rewards for Azurral's Fury with Legendary Potential.
Farm Salt the Wound and Blood of the Exile with Legendary Potential. Get Health Regen Per Second on them. These items provide a lot of Damage for the build, and are usable even without Legendary Potential.
If you happen to find Red Ring of Atlaria and Aurora's Time Glass, these extremely rare items are amazing for the build, as they offer a lot of survivability and valuable stats.
Get all your Idols as optimal as possible. Keep stacking as much Health, Strength, Health Regen Per Second and Health Regeneration on your gear as you can.
Learn the basics for crafting gear with our Beginner Crafting Guide.
Check our Unique Item & Set Farming Guide and learn how to get them!
Want to know more about Legendary Items? Check our Legendary Guide!
Completing a Timeline in the Monolith of Fate lets you choose one of several randomized Blessings from its unique pool. Their benefits are permanent and persist even outside of the Monolith of Fate.
Empowered Blessings are a fundamental part of all builds, so getting the correct ones for each is key.
The sooner you reach Empowered Monolith, the faster you can start farming your desired Blessings!
Normal Blessings are not important as they are eventually replaced by Empowered Blessings. However they can still be a great source of Resistances, Critical Strike Avoidance or Life Leech for your build early on.
Pick up these Normal Blessings on your way to Empowered:
- Wrath of Rahyeh
- Bastion of Divinity
- Survival of Might
- Persistance of Will
- Bones of Eternity
- Embers of Immortality
- Body of Obsidian
Note: Don't target farm Normal Blessings. Get to Empowered Monolith as fast as you can.
Learn how to farm Blessings fast with our Advanced Monolith Strategies.
Idols grant your character bonuses when equipped in the dedicated Idol Container. Unlock all the slots of your Idol Container by completing the Campaign and some of its Side Quests. Remember that some Idols are Class specific and you won't be able to equip them with other non-compatible Classes.
These are the Idols recommended for this build:
- Get 1 Adorned Rahyeh Idol with Chance To Cast Smite When You Hit With Throwing Attacks Prefix and Block Effectiveness Suffix.
- Find 4 Large Rahyeh Idols with Increased Bleed Duration Prefix and Block Effectiveness or Health Suffixes. These Idols are important for both DPS and survivability.
- Get 2 Stout Lagonian Idols with Health and a Resistance if you need to cap or Health.
Other useful Idol Affixes
This Paladin uses Hammer Throw to create spirals of Hammers throughout the battlefield and apply stacks of Bleed. Scale your Bleed Chance and Bleed Duration as much as possible. This build also has good survivability thanks to the multiple defensive layers it can take advantage of.
- Bleed Chance: This Ailment stacks and deals Physical Damage Over Time, which is your main source of Damage. The more Bleed Chance you have, the more stacks of Bleed you apply.
- Bleed Duration: Changing the duration of an Ailment that deals Damage affects the total amount of Damage it will deal, but does not affect Damage per second (DPS). This results in its increasing the total Damage the Ailment deals over its duration.
- Throwing Attack Speed: This build gets a ton of it thanks to the buffs provided by its Skills and Passives. The more you have, the faster you apply ailments with Hammer Throw..
- Strength: Hammer Throw gains 4% Damage per point of Strength. Additionally it grants 4% Armour per point, which adds a nice defensive layer for the build.
- Critical Strike Multiplier: Increases the Damage your Crits deal. By default this is not useful for ailments, but thanks to Salt the Wound, you can convert it into Physical Penetration with Bleed.
- Sigils Of Hope: They grant increased Damage.
- % Increased Damage: We get most of this from our Passive tree, Buffs and Strength. Any extra on gear is a bonus.
- Volatile Reversal: The Harbinger of Dust and Time Rifts Nodes apply powerful debuffs on your enemies that makes them take additional Damage.
- Physical Penetration: Conviction grants 16% Physical Penetration. Redemption and Increased Bleed Effect provide a lot of Physical Penetration with Bleed.
- Blood of the Exile: Provides more Physical Ailment Damage to moving enemies.
- Cleaver Solution: This item grants a Damage multiplier to Bleeding enemies.
Recommended End Game Activities
Last Epoch has multiple end game activities with completely different roles and rewards. All the builds in Maxroll.gg have been tested and are designed to complete all available content. However, not all builds excel at doing the same activities. Make sure you are familiar with the end game strengths and weaknesses of your character.
The Monolith of Fate is the main end game system. Most of your character gear upgrades are found here. Once you get all of your desired Empowered Blessings, you can start pushing Corruption to increase your chances at finding incredible Exalted Items. The Monolith of Fate rewards speedy builds that are able to target farm Echo Reward Nodes or stack Timeline Stability as fast as possible.
This Paladin is a good Monolith of Fate farmer. It has decent AoE and good single target DPS. Since it's also a very tanky build, it's an amazing setup for farming content in high Corruption.
Your goals in the Monolith of Fate will differ greatly depending on what build you play and what stage your character progression is at. Here are the objectives you should aim at when playing this build:
- Reach Empowered Monolith as fast as possible.
- Farm your Combat Empowered Blessings. Prioritize gaining Timeline Stability and fight the Timeline Bosses as often as possible. Once you are done with one Timeline, move to the next one. Reach 200 Corruption to farm your desired Blessings faster, as it unlocks a 5th option to choose from after you defeat a Timeline Boss. Defeat the Shade of Orobyss to gain and transfer Corruption between Timelines.
- Finish up the rest of your Drop Rate Empowered Blessings.
- Farm for key Uniques.
- As you farm for Uniques, stack Corruption as high as your gear can handle. The higher Corruption you do, the more Items you find. Get your character ready for the other end game activities.
Every time you choose an Echo a Modifier comes attached with it, adding difficulty and changing how enemies behave. These Modifiers stay active for a maximum of 6 Echoes and stack with each other. Some Modifiers can handicap your build immensely while others can almost be ignored. Monolith Modifiers scale with Corruption and increase the Item Rarity of Echoes. Ideally you want to do the hardest content possible, without delaying your clear times. Keep up Item Rarity as high as you can without it slowing you down.
- Enemy Critical Strike Chance (Once you have 100% Critical Strike Avoidance).
- Increased enemy Movement Speed.
- Rare enemies have high speed and crit chance until approached.
- Rare enemies regenerate health.
- Enemy Critical Strike Avoidance.
Avoid these Modifiers
- High health enemies take less damage.
- High health enemies deal increased damage.
- Enemy chance to Dodge.
- While bossing: enemies Enrage at half health and enemies gain Frenzy and Haste when hit.
Learn more about the Monolith of Fate with our Empowered Monolith Guide.
Loot Filters are critical in Last Epoch. Making sure you highlight all the related valuable Item Bases, Affixes, Uniques and Idols is crucial to ensure your character's progression. As your gear gets better, remember to hide the rules that are no longer useful to avoid screen clutter.
Here is the Endgame Loot Filter for this build:
Learn how to load and make Filters with our Loot Filter Guide.
This Paladin fills the battlefield with spiraling Hammers, rapidly applying stacks of Bleed. Overall this Paladin is an excellent setup capable of completing all the content in the game. It has great damage, survivability and speed.
- Blast through with shotgunning Hammers to apply stacks of Bleed to enemies, a deadly Ailment that deals Physical Damage Over Time.
- Maintain 5 Sigils Of Hope at all times for the amazing buffs they provide.
- Use Volatile Reversal on top of enemies for extra Damage.
- Scale up your tankiness to infinity by building Health Regen for amazing sustain and tons of Ward with Vessel of Strife.
- Use Cleaver Solution to get free Intelligence by stacking Strength.
- While they are not mandatory, Salt the Wound, Blood of the Exile, Bulwark of the Last Abyss, Azurral's Fury, Aurora's Time Glass and Red Ring of Atlaria are great Uniques that you want to get to fully unleash the potential of the build.
Written by Volca.
Reviewed by LizardIRL, Dredscythe