The Diablo 4 Beta is finally upon us! This Beta is important not only because it's many people's first chance to play Diablo 4, but you can also get the coveted Wolf Pet if you reach level 20! We have all the details on what to do down below, along with a leveling guide for each class to get you there quickly.
For those that have Early Access (from pre-purchasing the game, getting a tattoo, eating KFC, or some other sneaky method...) you can play from March 17th at 9am PDT through March 20th at 12pm PDT (Early Download begins Wednesday, March 15 at 9 a.m. PDT). The next weekend will be open to everyone from March 24th 9am PDT through March 27 at 12pm PDT (Early Download begins Wednesday, March 22 at 9 a.m. PDT).
Note: The opening weekend only offers the Barbarian, Rogue & Sorcerer. The Druid and Necromancer become available the following weekend.
How to Get the Wolf Pet
Getting the Wolf Pet is quite simple - you just have to reach level 20 on the Beta with any character. This is not a difficult task and can be completed in a few hours by anyone. While your Beta progress will not carry over to the live launch, the Wolf Pet will be credited to your battle.net account. You also receive the Initial Casualty title for reaching Kyovashad (the main city in Diablo 4), and the Early Voyager title for reaching level 20.
Barbarian Leveling Guide
The Barbarian is a hack-and-slash melee character that uses overwhelming strength to best their foes. They have been a staple class in the Diablo franchise from the beginning. If charging into battle fearlessly is your playstyle, the Barbarian is the perfect choice. Press the button below to check out our Upheaval Barbarian Leveling Guide.
Druid Leveling Guide
The Druid returns to Diablo as an elemental blasting shapeshifter. Seamlessly change from human form into a Werewolf to slash your enemies or a Werebear to maul them. Call down the elements to ensue mass destruction! There are multiple ways to play and enjoy the Druid.
Necromancer Leveling Guide
The Necromancer is the master of Life and Death itself. Raise hordes of Undead minions to ravage the wild lands of Sanctuary. Call on dark magics to drain the Blood of your enemies and conjure macabre prisons of Bone to trap your foes in perpetuity. The balance must be maintained!
Rogue Leveling Guide
Rogues are agile, fast-paced characters with many tricks up their sleeve. They can both stay in melee combat, outsmarting their foes with every step, or snipe enemies from a distance in a methodical fashion. Press the button below to check out our Twisting Blades Rogue Leveling Guide.
Sorcerer Leveling Guide
The Sorcerer is a master of the raw elemental magics across Sanctuary. Raining torrents of ice with Blizzard, burning foes to a cinder with Hydra or playing lightning ping-pong with Chain Lightning. You are the master of ranged destruction, just don't get too head strong and get beat down in melee range! Press the button below to check out our Hydra Lightning Sorcerer Leveling Guide.
Let us throw a few general hints your way to make life easier in the Beta:
- Progress Carries Over to the Second Weekend. This is important for multiple reasons. First any Renown, Codex Powers, or Items you acquire will carry over, making you significantly stronger than those just starting out. This also allows you to power up the Druid and/or Necromancer who are only available in the second weekend. If you can farm basic items (like jewelry) to give them, you'll have a gigantic head start! Plan ahead and use both weekends to your advantage.
- Level Up Your Potion. Many players don't know that you need to farm materials to upgrade your character's potion. Make sure you collect all materials as you explore Sanctuary, especially Gallowvine which is used in many recipes!
- Compare your Items... Literally. Press Shift over an item in your inventory to compare it to what you're wearing. This makes it easy to determine what is and isn't an upgrade.
- Renown is your Friend. While exploring, take time to gather Renown along the way. It has long-term benefits for your entire account, including more Skill/Paragon points and Potion charges. Renown is gained by activating Waypoints, finding Altars of Lilith, completing Side Quests/Dungeons and rescuing Strongholds.
- Don't Imprint Your Weapon. The most critical piece of gear while leveling up is your weapon, which gets replaced constantly. This makes imprinting a Legendary Aspect on it a waste of resources. Instead, put your best offensive Aspect on your Amulet, which can be used for a long time.
See You in the BETA!
The entire Maxroll team will be blasting all BETA long, so lets team up and purge Sanctuary of evil. Enjoy your first taste of the new chapter in Diablo and we'll see you in game! If you haven't already, head over to our Discord and select the D4 role in #roles to stay up to date with our content development. Sanctuary here we come!