Welcome to the Death Seal Lich Guide. This Death Seal Lich transforms into its horrific Reaper Form to unleash a cascade of Necrotic Spells. Hit enemies with Rip Blood while empowering the destructive Waves of energy released by Death Seal and dive into combat to obliterate everything around you.
The Death Seal Lich thrives and has the tools to survive brutal close ranged encounters. Death Seal provides powerful buffs and releases pulsing Waves of energy around you while it's active that deal massive Damage. The build has great mobility thanks to Reap and Transplant. Bone Curse provides additional utility, survivability and Damage.
This setup doesn't require any Unique to function. However, Marina's Lost Soul is crucial for the build. Items like Grimoire of Necrotic Elixirs and Omnis turn this build into an absolute powerhouse, capable of dealing insane DPS while being super tanky.
Overall this powerful Lich is an amazing build capable of crushing all the content in the game, even in Hardcore. If you are looking for a dark caster that destroys enemies and is able to survive the hardest encounters, this build is perfect for you!
Good AoE ✔
Two Movement Skills ✔
Amazing Single Target DPS ✔
Insane Scaling With Gear & Uniques ✔
❌ Close Range
❌ Very Frantic Playstyle
❌ Needs Uniques To Shine
❌ Defensive Tools Require Timing
This is a Reaper Form build. Thanks to the Unholy Dominion Node, Transplant doesn't share Cooldown with Reap, a new Skill granted while you are Transformed. This ability provides incredible offensive and defensive buffs with nodes like Rapid Destruction, Soul Shroud and Vile Shroud.
Alternative Skills & Tips
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives on the first half of all Masteries regardless of the one you chose.
- Take Nodes with Intelligence, Health, Cast Speed, Spell Critical Strike Chance and Critical Strike Multiplier.
- Investing points into Forbidden Knowledge helps cap Necrotic Resistance.
- Dance with Death has great synergy with Death Seal's Deadlock Node.
- Get tons of Spell Leech with Survival of the Cruel, Soul Maw and Ageless Ascetic.
- Elixir of Death is crucial for survivability.
- Three Plagues and Necrotic Energy boost your Damage substantially.
Make sure to complete the Campaign to get all your Passive Points.
Dive in while spamming Rip Blood to stack Damned Stacks on yourself with Marina's Lost Soul and scale Doomcall's Damage as much as possible. Stay in combat and leech to keep Reaper Form up as long as possible. Make sure you are familiar with enemy mechanics to know when to use your Support Skills to stay alive. Pay attention to the telegraphed attacks of your enemies and stay out of their range.
- Transform into Reaper Form.
- Cast or proc Bone Curse.
- Spam Rip Blood at anything you see.
- If you have Marina's Lost Soul casting Rip Blood grants a Damned Stack on you.
- Get near enemies and cast Death Seal for massive Damage from its pulsing Waves.
- Use Reap and Transplant to juke or to dive into enemies.
- Keep spamming Rip Blood and wait for Death Seal's Cooldown before going in again.
- Let Death Seal kill enemies as you cruise through the Echoes.
- Time Reap and Transplant apart to always be on the move.
- Use the Haste gained from releasing Death Seal efficiently while your Movement Skills are on Cooldown.
- Save your Death Seal Cooldown for the Echo Boss, if there is one.
- Take advantage of all your buffs and keep them active.
- Save either Reap or Transplant for emergency situations.
- Use Death Seal and Elixir of Death to mitigate incoming Damage. Time them against dangerous telegraphed Boss attacks.
Advanced Skill Tips
Learn more about how to maximize your gameplay in the Build Scaling section of this guide.
Gearing in Last Epoch revolves around finding Items and then using the powerful Crafting System to enhance them. As long as an Item has Forging Potential left, players can upgrade or modify their Affixes up to Tier 5. However, the powerful Exalted Tier Affixes are drop only and can't be modified by players.
Using the correct Item Bases allows you to make use of their amazing Implicits, this is fundamental for gearing efficiently. Combine Implicits, Passives, Idols and Blessings to cap your Resistances and other defensive layers, while fitting as much Health related Affixes or Endurance Threshold into your gear as possible. Plan ahead for your next upgrades and consider the final Empowered Blessings of your build while gearing. Finish up by farming Uniques with Legendary Potential and Sealing Affixes into Exalted Items to unleash all of your build's power!
Here are the Stat Goals for this build:
- Capped Resistances
- Capped Critical Strike Avoidance
- Capped Endurance
- 3000 - 6000 Health
- 50% - 75% Armour
- 10 Mana Regeneration
- 65+ Intelligence
- 600%+ Increased Damage
- 300%+ Spell Critical Strike Multiplier
- 40% - 70%+ Movement Speed
Aim for good Item Bases with two valuable T5 Affixes. The Defensive rolls on T5 Suffixes are very important at this stage as they can easily cap all your Resistances when combined with Item Implicits, Idols, Blessings or Passives. Get a Weapon with double T5 offensive Prefixes as soon as possible.
Make sure your Critical Strike Avoidance is capped. Remember that Woven Flesh is always an option early on. It can be farmed by killing the Abomination in the Fall of the Outcast Monolith Timeline.
Get some Mana Regeneration to easily spam Rip Blood and fit as much Health into your gear as possible. Hybrid Health and Health are extremely valuable, but can be hard to find early on. Use regular flat Health until you find them.
Aim for T5 Level of Death Seal on your Helmet and T5 Level of Reaper Form on your Body Armour to invest more Points into their Skill Trees. Level of Rip Blood and Level of Transplant are also great finds.
While you look for this basic set of gear, start farming your Empowered Blessings and look for any Idols that can help you cap all your Resistances momentarily or increase your Damage output. Try to find a Large Immortal Idol with Chance To Fear On Hit to Crowd Control enemies.
Learn the basics for crafting gear with our Beginner Crafting Guide.
Check our Unique Item & Set Farming Guide and learn how to get them!
Want to know more about Legendary Items? Check our Legendary Guide!
Completing a Timeline in the Monolith of Fate lets you choose one of several randomized Blessings from its unique pool. Their benefits are permanent and persist even outside of the Monolith of Fate.
Empowered Blessings are a fundamental part of all builds, so getting the correct ones for each is key.
The sooner you reach Empowered Monolith, the faster you can start farming your desired Blessings!
Normal Blessings are not important as they are eventually replaced by Empowered Blessings. However they can still be a great source of Resistances, Critical Strike Avoidance or Life Leech for your build early on.
Pick up these Normal Blessings on your way to Empowered:
- Echo of Solarum
- Emptiness of Ash
- Hunger of the Void
- Bastion of Divinity
- Survival of Might
- Persistance of Will
- Protection of Heorot
- Resolve of Grael
- Heart of the Caldera
- Body of Obsidian
- Embers of Immortality
- Promise of Death
Note: Don't target farm Normal Blessings. Get to Empowered Monolith as fast as you can.
Learn how to farm Blessings fast with our Advanced Monolith Strategies.
Idols grant your character bonuses when equipped in the dedicated Idol Container. Unlock all the slots of your Idol Container by completing the Campaign and some of its Side Quests. Remember that some Idols are Class specific and you won't be able to equip them with other non-compatible Classes.
These are the Idols recommended for this build:
- Get 4 Large Immortal Idols with %Health Prefix. For the Suffixes aim for 2 with Chance To Fear On Hit and 2 with Health. The Fear is crucial to keep enemies away from you.
- You also want 4 Stout Lagonian Idols with %Health Prefix and Health Suffix. This build can get an absurd amount of Health just from Idols.
- You might need extra Resistances out of your Idols early on, so keep an eye for anything useful until you get your final setup.
Other useful Idol Affixes
This build spams Rip Blood to stack Damned Stacks on yourself with Marina's Lost Soul and scale Doomcall's Damage as much as possible. Scale Death Seal's Damage to deal big Crits to enemies around you. This Lich also has great survivability thanks to the multiple defensive layers it can take advantage of.
- Low Life: Death Seal enables the Low Life playstyle thanks to Deadlock. In combination with the Dance with Death Passive and the Corrupted Consciousness Node, this ability provides incredibly Damage buffs for its duration.
- Flat Spell Damage: With the amount of Damage Multipliers this build has access to, you want to stack as much Flat Damage as possible. Your Profane Wand and the Necrotic Energy Passive grant tons of Necrotic Flat Spell Damage. Grimoire of Necrotic Elixirs also grants a good amount on Potion use.
- Self-inflicted Damned: Stack this Ailment on yourself thanks to Marina's Lost Soul and scale Doomcall's Damage as much as possible.
- Cast Speed: Attack faster for more Damage, Ailments and stacks of Damned on yourself.
- Intelligence: Rip Blood, Bone Curse and Death Seal gain 4% Damage per point of Intelligence.
- % Increased Damage: Anything that increases Necrotic Spell Damage is welcomed.
- Spell Critical Strike Chance: Deathbringer, Darkguard and the Reaper's Curse Node inside of Reaper Form give this tons of Spell Critical Strike Chance. It's easy to cap it with a good Implicit on your Crystal Skull.
- Critical Strike Multiplier: Increases the Damage your Crits deal. Clairvoyant Insight grants 50% on its own. Build as much as you can on your gear.
- Grand Promise of Death: Since the build attacks pretty fast and has many hits, it is extremely easy to apply 10 stacks of Necrotic Resistance Shred to your targets. 10 stacks increase the Damage enemies take by 50% (20% for Bosses). This Blessing plays a big part on your Damage output, so make sure you roll it nicely (45%+) and as early as possible.
- Chance To Shred Armour on Hit: Each stack of this Ailment reduces enemy Armour by 100 for 4 seconds and stacks infinitely. Enemies have 0 Armour by default and it can go into the negatives. At -1000 Armour a target takes 16.5% increased Necrotic Damage, while at -4000 Armour it takes 40%. With the amount of hits the build has, the stacks ramp up quickly.
- Penetration: Three Plagues grants 24% Necrotic Penetration.
- Mark for Death: Bone Curse's Sigil of Mortality Node inflicts this Ailment that reduces All Enemy Resistances by 25%, causing them to take extra Damage.
Recommended End Game Activities
Last Epoch has multiple end game activities with completely different roles and rewards. All the builds in Maxroll.gg have been tested and are designed to complete all available content. However, not all builds excel at doing the same activities. Make sure you are familiar with the end game strengths and weaknesses of your character.
The Monolith of Fate is the main end game system. Most of your character gear upgrades are found here. Once you get all of your desired Empowered Blessings, you can start pushing Corruption to increase your chances at finding incredible Exalted Items. The Monolith of Fate rewards speedy builds that are able to target farm Echo Reward Nodes or stack Timeline Stability as fast as possible.
This Lich is an amazing Monolith of Faith farmer. It's very mobile, has great AoE and single target. It's really fast at rushing objectives and is amazing for farming difficult content in high Corruption.
Your goals in the Monolith of Fate will differ greatly depending on what build you play and what stage your character progression is at. Here are the objectives you should aim at when playing this build:
- Reach Empowered Monolith as fast as possible.
- Farm your Combat Empowered Blessings. Prioritize gaining Timeline Stability and fight the Timeline Bosses as often as possible. Once you are done with one Timeline, move to the next one. Reach 200 Corruption to farm your desired Blessings faster, as it unlocks a 5th option to choose from after you defeat a Timeline Boss. Defeat the Shade of Orobyss to gain and transfer Corruption between Timelines.
- Get your Drop Rate Empowered Blessings.
- Farm for key Uniques. You need at least 200 Corruption to have a chance to drop an Omnis by killing the Shade of Orobyss.
- As you farm for Uniques, stack Corruption as high as your gear can handle. The higher Corruption you do, the more Items you find. Get your character ready for the other end game activities.
Every time you choose an Echo a Modifier comes attached with it, adding difficulty and changing how enemies behave. These Modifiers stay active for a maximum of 6 Echoes and stack with each other. Some Modifiers can handicap your build immensely while others can almost be ignored. Monolith Modifiers scale with Corruption and increase the Item Rarity of Echoes. Ideally you want to do the hardest content possible, without delaying your clear times. Keep up Item Rarity as high as you can without it slowing you down.
- Enemy Critical Strike Chance (Once you have 100% Critical Strike Avoidance).
- Enemies heal if they have not been damaged recently.
- Rare enemies have high speed and crit chance until approached.
- Rare enemies regenerate health.
Avoid these Modifiers
- Enemy chance to receive a Glancing Blow.
- Enemy Critical Strike Avoidance.
- Enemy chance to Dodge.
- High health enemies take less damage.
- High health enemies deal increased damage.
- Increased enemy Movement Speed.
- While bossing: enemies Enrage at half health and enemies gain Frenzy and Haste when hit.
Learn more about the Monolith of Fate with our Empowered Monolith Guide.
Loot Filter Video Guide and other Resources for the Death Seal Lich Build.
Loot Filters are critical in Last Epoch. Making sure you highlight all the related valuable Item Bases, Affixes, Uniques and Idols is crucial to ensure your character's progression. As your gear gets better, remember to hide the rules that are no longer useful to avoid screen clutter.
Here is the Endgame Loot Filter for this build:
Learn how to load and make Filters with our Loot Filter Guide.
Overall the Death Seal Lich is a horrific powerhouse capable of defeating all the content in the game. It has amazing single target DPS and great survivability thanks to its multiple defensive layers.
- Transform into your Reaper Form and stay in combat to keep it up as long as possible.
- Spam Rip Blood to stack Damned Stacks on yourself with Marina's Lost Soul and scale Doomcall's Damage as much as possible.
- Death Seal enables the Low Life playstyle thanks to Deadlock. When active it provides 33% Damage Reduction and a 66% Damage Multiplier. Combined with the Desperate Shroud and Corrupted Consciousness Nodes, this ability grants incredibly buffs for its duration.
- The build has access to two great Movement Skills: Transplant and Reap.
- While they are not mandatory, Grimoire of Necrotic Elixirs, Marina's Lost Soul and Omnis are great Uniques that you want to get to scale the build to its full potential.
Written by Lizard_IRL.
Reviewed by McFluffin.