Learn about Season 28 Start, Theme, Assembling the Build & Leveling in this Immortal King Hammer for the Ancients (HotA) Barbarian Build Guide for Diablo 3.
Assembling the Build
1. Do the Challenge Rift for the materials to cube Legendary Powers. You can complete this once a week for additional resources and we always update the guide for you! Check out our Leveling Guide to reach level 70 quickly.
2. Gather the 6 pieces of Immortal King's Call. Each piece can be gambled from Kadala for Bloodshards. Do not salvage any duplicate pieces you find! Instead convert them to another part of the set with Recipe 4 in Kanai's Cube. If you have extra materials you can use Recipe 3 to craft the remaining pieces, but this is expensive and not recommended for new players.
3. Gamble from Kadala in this order:
- Gather the full Immortal King's Call set
- Create a level 1 Barbarian and gamble for Band of Might
- Nemesis Bracers, Mortick's Brace and Bracers of the First Men
- Fury of the Ancients
- Convention of Elements and The Compass Rose
4. Craft using Recipe 3 in Kanai's Cube in this order:
- Two-Handed Mighty Weapons to get The Gavel of Judgment
- Mighty Weapons to get Remorseless
- Create a level 1 Witch Doctor and upgrade Maces to get Echoing Fury
- Rings to get Convention of Elements and [The Compass Rose
- Anything from the Gamble list in Step 3 that you haven't already acquired.
5. Do Bounties to acquire several important items for this build:
- Act 3: Avarice Band
- Bounty Turn In: Recipes for Sage's Journey and Cain's Destiny (for your follower)
6. There is one final required piece to piece to acquire, The Traveler's Pledge. With amulets being so expensive to gamble and craft, we'll have to search for it to drop in Nephalem and Greater Rifts. It can drop on any class so try to group up with friends when possible to share your loot!
Season 27 Sanctified Items
Angelic Crucibles are new consumables that drop anywhere once you're Level 70. Using them on items reforges them into Sanctified Items with Primal Ancient stats, and adds one of three new unique Class Powers listed below. For full details on how they work, check out this Seasonal Guide by Chewingnom!
Let's look at our Class Powers and see how they apply to our build.
- For the Hammer of the Ancients Barbarian you have 2 very strong options:
- Sanctified Hammer of the Ancients is the main power of choice here. We are a Hammer of the Ancients Barb after all, so this power is recommended in almost all variants. It is the best for T16, Bounties, Group farming as well as Echoing Nightmares as it releases a power Shockwave every 10 hits that does 10x the damage of a normal Hammer of the Ancients in a huge area of effect. On top of that, it can proc Arena Damage and Bloodshed dealing devastating damage to bigger groups of enemies.
- Sanctified Whirlwind allows us to pixelpull everything ignoring the monster's crowd control immunity while dragging them all along. This is the main power to go for if you want to push the solo Leaderboards as you can essentially group up the entire Rift in an open map.
- The Sanctified Wrath of the Berserker power is also useful but not as good as the other two above.
Since you can only equip one of them, choosing the right item to craft it on matters! Great candidates are Weapons, Offhands, Jewelry or any item with an important multiplier. The Whirlwind Barb doesn't really these kink of items in all setups, we recommend Sanctifying one of the following items:
- Bracers of the First Men
- Band of Might