While Modifiers of a single Influence are strong on their own, Double Influence Crafting allows you to combine and upgrade those of two separate Influences through the use of Awakener's Orbs and Orbs of Dominance, providing access to some of the most powerful equipment in Path of Exile.
The primary currency used for Double Influence Crafting are:
- Awakener's Orb
- Orb of Dominance
Currency for Double Influence Crafting are acquired through endgame boss encounters.
- The Awakener's Orb is rarely dropped from Sirus, Awakener of Worlds.
- Orbs of Dominance is occasionally dropped from Sirus, The Shaper, The Elder and Uber Elder.
Awakener Orb Crafting
While modifiers of a single-Influence are strong on their own, the addition of the Awakener's Orbs allows items to have modifiers from 2 different Influences at the same time.
While the Hunter mod, (1.1-1.5)% to Spell Critical Strike Chance is strong on it's own, an Awakener's Orb allows us to combine it with an equally powerful modifier from the Redeemer pool: (21-25)% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills.
When used, an Awakener's Orb takes 1 random modifier off of a singe-Influence item, destroying the item, and then adds it to another single-Influenced item, reforging it while keeping 1 random Influence modifier from each item. They cannot be the same Influence. For example:
Consuming an Awakener's Orb destroys a target, single-Influence item and carries 1 Influence modifier from that item to another of a different Influence.
- Make sure the item destroyed has only 1 Influence modifier since the stored mod is chosen at random.
- When the second item receives the donated modifier, the item is reforged and becomes Double Influenced.
There are multiple ways to approach creating a Double Influence item.
- The simplest approach would be to buy both bases already prepared from the trade website using the following filters:
Buying Bases off Trade
Donator Base Filters
These filters apply to the donator base. We will use a (1.1-1.5)% to Spell Critical Strike Chance Base as an example. Since only Shaper and Hunter Influenced body armor can have this modifier you don't need to apply any other filters. Apply a Corrupted = No filter as well to make sure there are no corrupted bases. The minimum value for the desired modifier is 1.1 for tier 1 so it's added to the trade filter as well.
Receiver Base Filters
The Receiver base (the item that will be Double Influence) has stricter filters since Item Level and base type are important. In this case, we will make a Vaal Regalia. So it's filtered in the search bar.
Crafting Your Own Base
If buying an already "set up" base is not an option or too expensive, you can create your own.
- In our example, we could have bought an ilvl 86+, Magic, Redeemer Vaal Regalia off of trade and then used Orbs of Alteration until hitting (21-25)% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills.
- In some cases it's cheaper to buy a non-Influenced base and add the Influence yourself (e.g. using a Hunter's Exalted Orb) on a Stygian Vise.
Once the 2 bases are prepared, the next step follows:
- An Awakener's Orb is used on the Donator base (the Hunter item in this case) and then applied to the Receiver base (the Redeemer Vaal Regalia).
Example Donator Base
The Awakener's Orb is used on this base first.
Example Receiver Base
The Awakener's Orb is used on this base second.
The resulting item is randomly reforged but the 2 Influenced modifiers are guaranteed on the new Double-Influence Regalia.
The new item is the Base and Item Level of the Receiver.
Orb of Dominance Crafting
An expensive way to increase the power level of Double Influence crafting is by using Orbs of Dominance. This Currency Orb elevates the tier of an Influence modifier on an item at random while deleting another at random. There must be more than 1 Influence modifier present for the orb to be consumed.
- For example, if an item has 2 Influence modifiers, one is deleted and one is elevated.
- Orbs of Dominance provide access to elevated versions of Influence modifiers.
- If a tier 1 Influence modifier is chosen, it is upgraded to "elevated" tier.
- In most cases this is simply a numerical increase but in some additional benefits are added along with the numerical upgrade.
Elevated Tailwind, Hunter
Ways to Elevate a Mod
Buy single-Influence items off of trade with the desired Influence modifier paired with any second Influence mod. (e.g. a Hunter-Influence Body Armor with +(1.1-1.5)% to Spell Critical Strike Chance Suffix and any other Hunter modifier such as an #% increased effect of Offerings Suffix.)
The 2 Hunter mods are +1.3% to Spell Critical Strike Chance and 23% increased effect of Offerings.
+1.3% to Spell Critical Strike Chance was deleted by the Orb of Dominance and 23% increased effect of Offerings was elevated in exchange.
You can also simply buy an Elevated base off of trade. These are not incredibly rare in active leagues due to the The Aspirant divination set.
Making a Double-Elevated Influence Item
Example Donator Base
Same as before, the Item Level and base type of the Donator base is irrelevant since it will be destroyed by the Awakener's Orb.
Example Receiver Base
An expensive base is used since it isn't destroyed (e.g. high item-level, enchanted Fugitive Boots).
Same as before, the final item has both desired modifiers as well as other random byproduct mods.
- Crafting with Awakener's Orbs and Orbs of Dominance offer access to exceptionally powerful Double Influence items.
- An Awakener's Orb takes 1 random modifier off of a singe-Influence item, destroying the item, and then adds it to another single-Influenced item, reforging it while keeping 1 random Influence modifier from each item.
- Crafting with Orbs of Dominance is an expensive way to upgrade influenced modifiers beyond tier 1 by sacrificing an influenced modifier on an item to "elevate" another.
Written by spicysushi
Reviewed by Facefoot, Tripolarbear