The Black Sun is themed around Void damage. These Timeline Blessings are centered around Leech, Critical Strikes and Void damage. It's also great to farm Bastion of Honour with its Helmets and Shields echo rewards.
In this guide we cover Echo and Boss rewards, Blessings, Strategies, Dangerous Monsters and Echo Modifiers. Let’s get started!
Check out the Monolith Beginner Guide for an in depth breakdown of the Monolith of Fate.
Echo rewards are found on individual echoes inside of the Timeline web. Each echo has its own reward, and players can see the reward type before starting the echo. The player receives the reward when they complete the echo and return to the timeline hub.
They allow you to target specific pieces of gear such as Exalted items, Idols and Uniques or they can reward gold or experience. These are restricted to Uniques which are not boss or quest exclusives. In the Fall of the Outcasts Timeline, you encounter Helmet and Shield echo rewards.
- Artor's Legacy
- Boneclamor Barbute
- Corsair's Blood Cowl
- Decayed Skull
- Isadora's Revenge
- The Ashen Crown
- The Last Bear's Lament
- Howl of the West Wind
- Sunforged Greathelm
- Apex of Thought
- Crest of Unity
- Boardman's Legacy
- Herald of the Scurry
- Prismatic Gaze
- Vilatria's Storm Crown
- Hive Mind
- Close Call
- Corsair's Boarding Shield
- Defiance of the Forgotten Knight
- Moenia Mentis
- Ruby Fang Aegis
- Sinathia's Resurrection
- Soul Bastion
- The Slab
- Cradle of the Erased
- Life's Journey
- Bastion of Honour
- Rahyeh's Light
All Timeline bosses have a pool of exclusive Uniques that can drop. They also provide the player with a Blessing, which is a permanent buff to either power or farming/leveling efficiency. Just like Uniques, each boss has their own exclusive Blessing pool.
The Black Sun Timeline boss, Rahyeh, The Black Sun, is themed around Void damage. After killing him, you unlock the Ending the Storm Timeline.
To get a closer look at his mechanics and strategies, look at the Rahyeh, The Black Sun Timeline Boss Guide.
Rahyeh, The Black Sun can drop 4 different Uniques:
- Atrophy has a 50% chance to drop. It is mutually exclusive to Dark Shroud of Cinders, meaning you always get one or the other, but not both. It can drop from normal and empowered versions. The drop rate is not affected by corruption.
- Dark Shroud of Cinders has a 50% chance to drop. It is mutually exclusive to Atrophy, meaning you always get one or the other, but not both. It can drop from regular and Empowered versions. The drop rate is not affected by corruption.
- Eternal Eclipse is a rare drop. The drop rate is increased by higher Corruption. It can technically drop off of normal Rahyeh, The Black Sun; however the area level must be increased to at least 72 for it to drop. We recommend farming this on Empowered.
- The Confluence of Fate is a rare drop that can only be found in Empowered. Increases in Corruption improves the drop rate of this item.
See the Empowered Monolith Guide for more info on Corruption.
The Blessings of this Timeline are focused around Leech, Critical Strikes and Void damage. Some general useful choices are: Binds of Sanctuary and Slumber of Morditas.
- Depths of Infinity
- Echo of Solarum
- Emptiness of Ash
- Flames of the Black Sun
- Greed of Darkness
- Hunger of the Void
- Memory of Light
- Shadow of the Eclipse
- Strength of the Mountain
- Thirst of the Sun
- Whisper of Orobyss
- Winds of Oblivion
- Wrath of Rahyeh
- Grand Depths of Infinity
- Grand Echo of Solarum
- Grand Emptiness of Ash
- Grand Flames of the Black Sun
- Grand Greed of Darkness
- Grand Hunger of the Void
- Grand Memory of Light
- Grand Shadow of the Eclipse
- Grand Strength of the Mountain
- Grand Thirst of the Sun
- Grand Whisper of Orobyss
- Grand Winds of Oblivion
- Grand Wrath of Rahyeh
In the Monolith of Fate all Timelines have 3 quests, each requiring Stability to start. The third one is the Timeline boss, which resets your Stability once defeated. In the Normal Monolith you need to do the first 2 quests to fight the Timeline boss, but in the Empowered Monolith you can fight him immediately if you choose.
- In The Black Sun Timeline, your first quest is The Fall of Ledria. In it the Void attacks the world before much of humanity was able to escape. Instead, more of the Fallen Osprix survived and plan to use the Void for nefarious purposes. The Fallen Osprix and Void cultists have descended upon the town of Ledria.
- To start this quest you need 50 Stability in Normal and 150 Stability in Empowered.
- The second quest is The Siege of Farwood, where you need to scale the mountain and confront the cultists and Fallen Osprix before they can resurrect Rahyeh, The Black Sun.
- To start this quest you need 150 Stability in Normal and 450 Stability in Empowered.
- The third quest is Argentum Spire, where Fallen Osprix survived and use the Void to summon their god. Rahyeh's husk soars above the waning world like a black sun. Forestall the end. Slay Rahyeh, The Black Sun.
- To start this quest you need 250 Stability in Normal and 800 Stability in Empowered.
The Black Sun is themed around Void with its monsters, bosses and quests.
- Cap your Void resistance.
- Avoid these echo layouts:
- Barren Slums
- Forgotten Graves
- Lost Catacombs
- Prefer these echo layouts:
- Wrecked Fleet
- Sealed Archive
- If you take too much damage avoid these echo modifiers:
- Increased damage of all types
- Enemies have increased critical strike chance
Each Timeline has its own set of deadly monsters that you need to know about. Learning their abilities and how to avoid them are key to surviving in Monolith as Echo Rewards are removed when you die.
Void Horrors have huge AoE and health pools. Their abilities deal Physical and Void damage and are well telegraphed; dodge them to avoid serious damage. Watch out for when they are about to slam the ground, don't stay in the telegraphed areas.
Void Centipedes are dangerous in melee as one of his skills has a guaranteed stun. Their abilities deal Physical and Void damage in melee range. Kill them at range or crowd control them through stuns or taunts.
Festering Cultist are dangerous when charging at you in packs. They deal Physical and Void damage and shred your Armour and Void Resistance. Prioritize killing them as they have low health pools.
Void Cleric have the unique ability to pull and buff nearby monsters with his Void Frenzy. Kill them first and move away from their telegraphed areas.
Gorgons are deadly because of the tornado. It deals massive Poison damage and grows larger the longer it exists. Be careful when running directly towards a Gorgon as it puts you into the tornado's path.
Ascendant Embermages are dangerous in packs when their Meteorite overlap. They deal Fire damage and are well telegraphed; keep moving and go into melee range as Meteorites requires a minimum distance to be cast.
Echoes have their own modifier that is active for a set number of echo. Every timeline gets its own pool of modifiers that you can scale with corruption. Some of these modifiers can be dangerous, while others can actually bring value with little or no downside.
The Black Sun Modifiers
- Enemies have +15% to all resistances.
- Enemies have a 70% chance to shred armour on hit
- Enemies have 20% critical strike avoidance and 20% increased health
- Enemies have +25% critical strike chance
- Enemies deal 12% increased damage and have 100% increased critical strike chance
- Enemies have 15% increased movement speed and damage
- Enemies have a chance to dodge
- Enemies enrage at half health
- Enemies have 25% increased health and focus on attacking players
- Enemies gain Frenzy and Haste when hit
- Enemies have a 35% chance to receive a Glancing Blow when hit
- Enemies have 25% increased health and damage
- Enemies deal 25% increased damage
- Enemies have 30% increased health
- Enemies deal 50% increased physical damage
- Rare enemies have 40% increased cooldown recovery speed
- Rare enemies have high speed and crit chance until approached
- Rare enemies have 60% increased health and damage
- Rare enemies regenerate health
- Void enemies deal 75% increased damage
- Enemies have a 12% chance to slow on hit
- High health enemies deal 30% increased damage
- High health enemies take 25% less damage
- Enemies have 30% Endurance
- The Black Sun Timeline and its boss Rahyeh, The Black Sun are themed around Void damage.
- Cap your Void resistances.
- Avoid Barren Slums, Forgotten Graves and Lost Catacombs. Seek out Wrecked Fleet and Sealed Archive.
- Useful Blessings: Binds of Sanctuary and Slumber of Morditas.
- Echo Rewards: Helmets and Shields.
- Boss Uniques: Atrophy, Dark Shroud of Cinders, Eternal Eclipse and The Confluence of Fate.
Written by Terek.
Reviewed by McFluffin.