Rahyeh is a single phase fight with several deadly mechanics that must be learned in order to defeat him. His Blessings are also particularly valuable making him a likely target for farming.
In this guide, we cover the rewards, boss mechanics, and provide a strategy for defeating this boss.
For more information on the Timeline this boss is found in check out The Black Sun Timeline Guide.
All timeline bosses have a pool of exclusive Uniques that can drop. They also provide the player with a Blessing, which is a permanent buff to either power or farming/leveling efficiency. Just like Uniques, each boss has their own exclusive Blessing pool.
Rahyeh can drop 4 different Uniques:
- Atrophy is a common drop with a 50% chance to drop. It is mutually exclusive to Dark Shroud of Cinders, meaning you always get one or the other, but not both. It can drop from both normal and empowered versions. The drop rate is not affected by corruption.
- Dark Shroud of Cinders is a common drop with a 50% chance to drop. It is mutually exclusive to Atrophy, meaning you always get one or the other, but not both. It can drop from both regular and Empowered versions. The drop rate is not affected by corruption.
- Eternal Eclipse is a rare drop. The drop rate is increased by higher Corruption. It can technically drop off of normal Rahyeh; however the area level must be increased to at least 72 for it to drop. We recommend farming this on Empowered.
- The Confluence of Fate is a rare drop that can only be found in Empowered. Increases in Corruption improves the drop rate of this item.
See the Monolith Timeline Guide for more info on Corruption.
The Blessings of this Timeline are themed around Void, Critical Strike, Health and Leech with some exceptions. Some generally useful choices are: Echo of Solarum, Emptiness of Ash and all of the Leech Blessings.
When you go into a timeline boss fight, you carry any modifiers that are active from running echoes. Some of these modifiers can be especially dangerous, while some can actually bring value with little or no downside.
Avoid These Modifiers
Take These Modifiers
Rahyeh is a single phase fight, with the tempo of the fight being determined by when he uses Void Flares and Wave Dash. This is a purely Void Damage fight, so make sure to have your Void Resistance capped.
The fight is pretty straightforward with Rahyeh having access to all of his abilities from the beginning and maintaining them throughout. Since the fight doesn't change there are no difficulty spikes to be concerned with, so the key to defeating Rahyeh is understanding the mechanics of his skills. Here are some general tips:
- Void Flare has the highest learning curve. It requires an understanding of the pattern in order to dodge the attacks. Our video in the Skills section shows a straightforward strategy to dodging the flares.
- The trail from Wave Dash is very punishing to players who stand in it. Move out of this immediately and wait for it to dissipate before returning to that side of the arena.
- Dive Bomb and Void Blast can be most easily avoided by running directly at Rahyeh where the distance to the edge of the attack is shortest. He likes to use Void Blast and Dive Bomb together and also uses multiple Void Blasts in quick succession, so be prepared to dodge multiple circular AoE attacks. Void Blast requires Rahyeh to be in Melee Range so you can prevent multiple uses of it by moving out of Melee Range until he uses another skill.
- Meteors from Void Skyfall aren't as damaging as Rahyeh's other skills but getting hit by multiple is costly and they can overlap. This means getting stunned by a meteor can be deadly, so make sure to avoid them.
If you understand the above tips you'll have no problem with Rahyeh. His attacks can be punishing but they're all well telegraphed, making it possible for a skilled player to never take any damage from this fight. Paying attention to what skills Rahyeh is using throughout the fight and knowing how to avoid those skills is the key to victory.
- The blessings for this timeline are themed around Void, Critical Strike, Health and Leech with some exceptions.
- Rahyeh is a telegraph heavy fight that rewards skill in avoiding the attacks.
- The fight is a single phase and Rahyeh has access to the same abilities throughout.
- All of the attacks are Void Damage, so make sure to cap Void Resistance.
- The highest learning curve skill is Void Flare so make sure you understand how it works.
Written by McFluffin.
Reviewed by Facefoot, Lizard_IRL, Raxxanterax.