The Diablo 4 Dev Team has released an Abattoir of Zir Update for us to go over! The new Seasonal Event is good at its base, but several issues have cropped up. The kill-or-be-killed by one shooting, Blood Seekers doing wildly more damage than the trash enemies leading up to them and Glyph XP scaling to level the new Tears of Blood. These and other issues the community has brought up are being addressed by the Devs. See below for the official statement and Hotfix going live to the servers now!
AoZ Seasonal Event Update
Hello all -
We want to thank everyone for the feedback you all have been providing over the last few days since the launch of Abattoir of Zir.
As we talked about at BlizzCon, we wanted to add additional end game features in Diablo IV and have players provide feedback for what could be possible permanent additions in the future as we continue growing the player experience in game.
We have some initial changes we want to provide to players in a hotfix tomorrow for the game that will address some feedback we have been seeing with Abattoir of Zir.
Glyph Experience Rewards
We are going to adjust glyph experience rewards starting from Tier 2 upward to be significantly more as you progress through higher tiers of Abattoir of Zir. This should help with feedback we’ve been seeing from players on the amount of time it would take to level up your Tears of Blood glyphs and also benefit other Glyphs you may want to level up as well.
We are planning on disabling the Vampiric and Suppressor Affixes from Bloodseekers across the game. We understand the difficulty these were providing players while running through Abattoir of Zir.
Difficulty and Damage Reductions
We will be scaling the earlier Abattoir of Zir tiers to be a bit easier for players who are onboarding into this new end game feature. We have seen players note that the difficulty ramp is pretty excessive even on the first tier for those who were able to complete Level 100 Nightmare Dungeons before. These changes will allow for more opportunities for players to experience the earlier tiers and grow as they progress through them. Players can expect that Tier 10 and beyond will be at the same difficulty as they were before the hotfix.
Separately, we plan on reducing incoming damage by up to ~20% throughout all tiers of Abattoir of Zir.
Players can expect this hotfix tomorrow (December 8th).
We wanted to get some changes out for this new end game mode as quickly as possible and will be continuing to listen to feedback. We appreciate all the great feedback we have received and want to thank you all again for providing that on our forums, social media, Reddit and more.
See below the two related Hotfixes from December 7th and 8th for the AoZ Update.
HOTFIX 1 - December 7, 2023 - 1.3.2
- Fixed an issue where a few skills had unintended interactions with the progression bar in Abattoir of Zir.
HOTFIX 2 - December 8, 2023 - 1.2.3a
THIS HOTFIX IS CURRENTLY BEING ROLLED OUT AND SHOULD BE COMPLETELY OUT TO ALL PLAYERS IN THE NEXT HOUR OF THIS POST.
- Paragon Glyph experience rewarded from the Abattoir of Zir has been increased, with significant increases for higher tiers.
- Tier 1: Unchanged(1000)
- Tier 5: 1800 → 2800
- Tier 10: 3900 → 11600
- Tier 20: 11900 → 65400
- Tier 25: 17800 → 117100
- Bloodseekers can no longer spawn with the Vampiric or Suppressor Affixes.
- Developer’s Note: This affects both Bloodseekers encountered throughout Season of Blood content as well as Abattoir of Zir.
- We’ve restructured the earlier tiers of Abattoir of Zir, and the experience now begins with a difficulty close to that of Tier 90 Nightmare Dungeons. The Monsters continue to rapidly scale, reaching a similar difficulty of Nightmare Dungeon Tier 100 by Tier 5, and matching the current Live difficulty tuning by Tier 10. Additionally, we’ve reduced incoming damage by up to ~20% throughout all Tiers of Abattoir of Zir.
- Fixed an issue related to leveling Glyphs in the Season Journey.
- Performance and stability improvements.
Abattoir of Zir is Here!
The Maxroll Diablo 4 Team hopes you enjoy are enjoying our Event Leaderboard and our Abattoir of Zir Variants in the Endgame Build Guides. We will continue to make adjustments per the Abattoir of Zir Update and keep updates known through the Changelogs, at the bottom of each guide. Good luck in the Event and show Lord Zir's forces you are not to be messed with!
With that said, head over to our Discord and select the D4 role in #roles to stay up to date with our content development as we look towards the new year and Season 3!
Written by: Dredscythe
Reviewed by: Tenkiei