Beastcrafting refers to the method of crafting which utilizes Beast Recipes. Beast Recipes are various crafts obtained by sacrificing the blood of beasts in the Menagerie. Most recipes require a Red beast and 3 Yellow beasts found through engaging with the Bestiary League mechanic.
The five important types of Beasts for crafting are:
- Craicic Chimeral (Imprint)
- Fenumal Plagued Arachnid (Split Beast)
- Farric Lynx/Wolf Alpha (Prefix/Suffix to Suffix/Prefix)
- Craicic Maw (Influence Slam)
- Spirit Beasts (Aspect Slam)
A Craicic Chimeral offers the powerful option to create an Imprint of an item. When an Imprint of an item is created, it works as a "reset point" for the craft. Even if other currency is used to modify the item, it can always be restored back to the imprint.
- In order for an item to be imprinted it must be Magic rarity.
- An item cannot be imprinted if it is Fractured.
- After the beast is sacrificed, an Imprint is created. In order to "reset" back to the imprinted copy, the orb must be consumed. Multiple orbs can be created at a time.
Creating an Imprint of a pair of Hunter-influenced boots with the rare "You have Tailwind if you have dealt a Critical Strike Recently" modifier before attempting to Elevate it.
Since the modifier could be deleted by the Orb of Dominance, an Imprint is usually created to have a reset point.
Exalter's Agate Amulet
Creating an Imprint of an amulet with the incredibly low-weight "+1 to Level of all Skill Gems" modifier.
Since this is usually the most difficult modifier in an amulet craft to obtain, it is usually imprinted to avoid losing it in situations where an Orb of Annulment must be used.
A Fenumal Plagued Arachnid (FPA) offers the ability to create 2 pseudo-copies of an item. It functions similar to a Fractured Fossil.
There are a number of restrictions on what items can be Split. Influenced items, fractured items, synthesized items, unique items, corrupted items, items with enchantments, and items that already have a "Split" modifier cannot be Split.
When an item is split, 2 pseudo-copies are created and a "Split" tag is added to both. The modifiers of the original item are separated between the new copies.
- The 2 copies will be either Magic or Rare depending on the number of modifiers present before using the Altar.
- Both items with be the same item base and item level, have the same number of sockets and links, and have the same colored sockets.
Prefix/Suffix to Suffix/Prefix
A Farric Lynx Alpha (FLA) attempts to remove a prefix from an item and adds a Suffix.
- Requires the item to have an open suffix.
- Respects Metamods (e.g. if Prefixes Cannot be Changed is benchcrafted, no prefix is removed but a Suffix is still added).
A Farric Wolf Alpha (FWA) attempts to remove a Suffix from an item and adds a Prefix.
- Requires the item to have an open prefix.
- Respects Metamods (e.g. if Suffixes Cannot be Changed is benchcrafted, no Suffix is removed but a Prefix is still added).
Useful in scenarios where an Exalted Orb is more expensive than the beast combination or if removing a modifier and adding another in exchange is beneficial.
Before Prefix to Suffix (FLA):
High Energy Shield
High Energy Shield
Before Suffix to Prefix (FWA):
An influence slam adds a modifier to an influenced item. It is functionally the same as an Exalted Orb. It does not guarantee an influenced modifier.
Requires a Craicic Maw, 2 Yellow Beasts, and a beast unique to each of the 6 influences (e.g. Craicic Watcher for items with Hunter influence). Usually you should only do this if the beast combination is cheaper than an Exalted Orb
Aspect Slamming refers to adding an Aspect skill Suffix to an item. These Beastcrafts are obtained by killing a Spirit Beast in it's realm or from other players.
The 4 Aspect Suffixes are:
- Aspect of the Avian (from Saqawal)
- Aspect of the Cat (from Farrul)
- Aspect of the Crab (from Craiceann)
- Aspect of the Spider (from Fenemus)
Example Aspect Suffix
When an item with an Aspect skill Suffix is equipped, the corresponding Aura skill becomes available to use.
- While Beastcrafting is somewhat niche, they offer helpful (and in some cases necessary) crafting utilities in many scenarios.
- The Craicic Chimeral offers the option to create an Imprint of an item. This offers a "reset" point for crafts.
- A Fenumal Plagued Arachnid offers the ability to create pseudo-copies of items. This is especially useful for making multiple 6-link bases.
- A Farric Lynx Alpha attempts to remove a prefix from an item and slams a Suffix, while a Farric Wolf Alpha attempts to remove a Suffix from an item and slams a Prefix.
- An influence slam (Craicic Maw) adds a modifier to an influenced item.
- Aspect Slamming provided from killing the Beastiary bosses adds an Aspect skill Suffix to an item.
- For more information on Crafting as a whole it's recommended to check out the Resources Guide.
Written by spicysushi
Reviewed by Facefoot, Fyregrass