DISCLAIMER: This strategy was devised during Season 1. A lot of the core elements were altered during Season 2; this will be updated as soon as we get enough data to provide the best Guides for farming all the Flame Elementium.
This strategy is one of the most reliable ways to generate currency. Zeal and Yearning cards have set drop rates, meaning we do not worry about Drops% and instead; put as many packs of Magic Monsters into the map as possible.
The Currency you earn from Ember & Memory Fragment comes in the following forms;
- Basic Embers
- Rare Embers
- Legendary Embers
- Memory Fragments such as:
- Wheel of Time
- Lost History
- A Terrible Price
- Raw Currency
- Rank 5 Beacons
- Handing in Memory Fragments provides a large amount of Legendary Items
To farm this strategy you need an understanding of the Chaos Invasion System and have a build capable of clearing Rank 4 Beacons at the minimum. The ability to clear Timemark 7 Watchers is not essential for this strategy, only kill them if you can do so quickly. If you are unsure on any of the Watchers mechanics check out our Boss Guides here.
Adding additional compasses to the map increases rewards, but also makes them more difficult. If you're doing this on a higher level of investment you need a strong build, capable of clearing Rank 5 Beacons for maximum rewards.
Due to our focus on Memory Fragments it is important that we select the appropriate zone:
- Blistering Lava is the first choice as it has a great map selection meaning little to no backtracking and access to one of the Highest Mob count maps in the game Savage Grasslands. It also contains the A Terrible Price Memory Fragment offering additional profit.
- Glacial Abyss is a great alternative, for its has good layouts. The Watcher can be killed before any immunity phases and it contains a valuable Memory Fragment, Sanguine Moon which is worth a lot of Flame Elementium.
Trait Deck Order
This deck centers around Zeal and Yearning
. Our goal is to fill the map with as many Magic Monsters as possible due to them providing us with a % chance to drop Embers or Memory Fragments when killed. While this is relatively straightforward, understanding how to effectively sequence our cards makes a huge difference.
As a general rule of thumb, use
Zeal first and add Magic Monsters with Doughty. When you draw Yearning you instead add them before.
- Just is used to awaken our key Trait Deck Cards
- Cautious is used to Place 3 Confusion Cards on the stages. There are some very lucrative options, such as Obstinate, Sly or Mania.
- Reserved allows us to draw more Trait Deck Cards in the event of missing some of our Key choices.
- Honest provides us with the opportunity to do all the above without the expense of one our Chaos Invasion Attempts.
Below are multiple example of combinations you should aim towards:
Preparation is essential for profit in any strategy. Have a set of at least 20 Tier 4 Beacons for whichever zone you have decided to run before you start mapping. You can farm these Beacons or buy them from other players.
Higher Tier Compasses
Selling Memory Fragments
Many of the rewards from Memory Fragments are random. Turning them into the Spacetime Wanderer can be considered a gamble. These can be sold to other players looking to take this risk, for a more consistent return.
- Queen's Makeup Kit
- A Terrible Price
- Sanguine Moon
For Queen's Makeup Kit and other common cards that reward a random Legendary it is better to sell them in stacks of 99 as they are easier to price.
Check out our Trade House Guide to learn how to Price Check and Sell full stacks of items.
- Embers are commodities used to craft gear
- Memory Fragments can be exchanged for valuable rewards or sold to players for Flame Elementium
- Use Zeal and Yearning while adding Magic monsters to receive Memory Fragments and Embers
- Honest, Reserved and Just are used to more consistently hit your sequence
- Zeal should always be used before adding Magic monsters
- Yearning should always be used to finish your sequence
- Add Shiny Samurai Compass and Shiny Profiling Compass to scale your rewards
- Change to Rank 5 Beacons once you have combo'd Doughty with Zeal or Yearning
- Sell any RNG related memory fragments for guaranteed returns
Written by Milkybk_.
Reviewed by Mike1Up, Raxxanterax.
Published for Season 2