Welcome to the Ice-Fire Fusion Gemma Leveling Guide. Gemma's Ice-Fire Fusion Trait specializes in combining damage types from multiple elements, Frostfire Strength applies Fire damage bonuses to Cold damage and vice versa. This makes her an excellent choice for mixing and matching Elemental Skills of almost any type because you apply all your damage bonuses to any of them.
|The leveling guide is intended to take your character to Level 80.|
This is the last level with unlimited free respec points.
Be sure to check the final section of the guide for recommendations on how to transition into the Endgame!
Very safe playstyle ✔
Massive Range & AoE ✔
Scales very well with gear ✔
❌ Low Mobility
❌ Few defensive layers
❌ Fire spellcasting isn't well supported
Check out the Complete Story Walkthrough for tips on how to complete the Campaign.
Leveling Tips and Tricks
- Your first active skill slot (top left in the Skills menu) is your "Main Skill," this matters because many items and Hero Traits have effects that only apply to the Main Skill.
- If you're ever in doubt of where to go, click the campaign quest on the left of your screen and a golden path shows you the way.
- Stay on level with the Zone as much as possible! You receive reduced experience for being too under or over leveled so ensure you kill enough monsters to remain as close to the zone level as possible.
- When allocating Pact Points, prioritize Resistances first, then select Damage nodes until you fill the section. If you have leftover points, put them into Drop nodes as you begin farming the Netherrealm.
- Complete all 10 Levels of the Hero Forge to unlock all of your Hero Trait abilities and gain 6 additional Talent Points.
- All support gems become available from the Skill Shop at level 55. At this stage cross reference with the embeds to make sure you're set up for the Netherrealm.
- In Chapter 4 gear you find comes with varying amounts of Energy, this can make it difficult to determine whether or not an item is an upgrade. In general if you don't get enough Energy to add a Support slot pick upgrades based on their stats. After changing your gear, be sure to go to the Energy Menu under Skills to reassign missing Energy.
Equipment & Stat Priorities
Look for these Offensive stats on weapons:
- Fire damage added to Spells
- Cast Speed
- % Elemental Damage
- % Spell Damage
Look for these Defensive stats on armor:
- Maximum Life
- Armor Bases (while leveling)
- Life Regeneration
- Elemental Resistance
- Erosion Resistance
- -% additional physical damage taken
- Build stacks of Fusion Energy by using skills tagged with Fire or Cold to use Frostfire Rampage; Gemma's signature ability that causes you to deal significantly more Elemental damage.
- Split Firebolt is a projectile skill that splits and explodes upon hitting an enemy, it also gains massive power from Spell Burst. Use it when you are waiting for your Terra Charges to recharge.
- Flame Jet is a Terra skill meaning it has 0 cast time. Use it when you have 3 Terra Charges to efficiently kill packs of enemies whilst on the move.
- Mana Boil is an empower skill that provides a passive bonus granting additional Spell Damage by draining 5% of your mana per second. With enough levels in Magical Source you should have almost permanent up time on this buff.
- Blink is the movement skill of choice as it has the lowest Cooldown. Use it on cooldown to quickly traverse zones.
- Life Source allows you to quickly restore a portion of life. This essentially acts as a Life potion.
Level 1: Start the game with Split Firebolt and Support it with Multiple Projectiles
Level 2: Purchase and equip; Blink.
Level 4: Purchase and equip; Flame Pillar
Level 7: Purchase and equip; Fire Explosion (10 Energy)
Level 8: Replace Flame Pillar with Flame Jet.
Level 11: Purchase and equip; Mana Boil
Level 12: Purchase and equip; Flame Imbue
Level 13: Complete the first Hero Trial and allocate; Ice-Fire Radiance
Level 17: Purchase and equip; Magical Source (10 Energy)
Level 20: Purchase and equip; Summon Flame Spirit
Level 32: Complete the second Hero Trial and allocate; Ice-Fire Embrace.
Level 38: Purchase and equip; Precise Projectiles. Replace Flame Imbue with Elemental Amplification.
Level 45: Purchase Elemental Fusion and use it to support your Flame Jet (25 Energy)
Level 50: Complete the 3rd Hero Trial and allocate; Restless Ice-Fire.
Level 55: At this point you have access to every skill in the game, continue to follow the interactive Skill Page shown as you gain more energy.
To learn more check out the Skills and Passives Guide.
Goddess of Knowledge
Goddess of Knowledge grants large amounts of Cast Speed, Spell Damage and +1 Level to Spell Skills. It also provides Spell Burst with the Major Talent; Beacon.
Elementalist provides Spell Damage, Elemental Penetration, Flat Damage added to Spells and +1 Level of Fire Skills. It also grants an increased chance to inflict Elemental Ailments, in this case Frostbite; with Peculiar Vibe.
Marksman increases Projectile Damage, Projectile Speed and grants large amounts of Critical Strike Rating. It also provides Jump from Medium Talent and 2 additional projectiles from the Major Talent; Three Birds with One Stone. This massively increases your clear speed.
There are tons of different Talent Trees to explore, if you want to learn more about this robust system check out our Talent Tree Guide.
Traits, Relics and Memories
Level 32: Ice-Fire Embrace Grants 2 additional max fusion energy and increases its effect whilst at maximum energy, amounting to massively increased damage.
Level 62: Glacial Flames adds another 3 to max fusion energy and causes you to deal additional Fire Damage for every point of Fusion Energy.
Level 80: Extreme Fusion is a massive damage increase as it prevents Fusion Energy from being lost during Frostfire Rampage.
Relics and Memories
Look for any combination of the following stats on your Hero Relics and Memories;
|Hero Relic||Hero Memories|
|Increased Maximum Fusion Energy||Frostfire Rampage Duration|
|Increased Fire Damage||Fire Damage added to Spells|
|Increased Cold Damage||Attack and Spell Critical Rating|
|Fusion Energy Effect||Increased Maximum Life|
|Critical Strike Damage|
To learn more, check out our Hero Relic and Hero Memory Guide.
To learn more, check out our Pacts and Pets Guide.
Racing through your Netherrealm quests as quickly as possible results in you becoming under leveled for the required zones to progress further, stay within 3 levels of the zones you're completing to avoid a harsh experience penalty. Check out our How to Progress the Netherrealm if you're unsure of anything.
Here's a list of things to do while progressing the early stages of the Netherrealm;
- Level 60, The Trade House is unlocked. Be sure to read and understand our Trade House for Beginners Guide before making any big purchases.
- Higher item levels of gear come with higher quantities of Energy. Look to improve your current gear with items that have increased energy so that you can use more Support Skills.
- Utilize Prototype Crafting and Enchanting to greatly increase the power of non-legendary gear you come across. It costs very low amounts of Flame Dust and Flame Sand to lock 1 good affix in place and reroll up to 4 new modifiers.
Transitioning to Endgame
Focus on acquiring either 2 Wands or a Staff with the "Additional damage for Skills cast by Spell Burst " mod;
- Search Beacons or the Trade House for items with any of the following modifiers on Staffs or Wands.
- Additional Levels to Cold or Spell Skills
- Additional damage for Skills cast by Spell Burst.
- Fire Damage
- Critical Strike Damage
- Gear Critical Strike Rating
- Elemental Penetration
- Cast Speed
- Craft the items using prototype crafting until you have Spell Burst modifier as well as multiple modifiers listed above.
- Enchant the item with a 5th modifier.
- Spring Resurrection is a great early game weapon for any caster build.
- Chain of Resistance grants additional damage against Single Targets and Area of Effect whilst clearing groups of monsters.
- Look for a Howling Ring with an additional Jump.
- Grace Boots provide Focus Blessing generation as well as additional movement speed, Life and Energy Shield.
- Elemental Whisper Belt adds flat Elemental damage to spells, but quickly gets outclassed by a well crafted belt.
- Pentagram Astrolabe provides 5 random elemental modifiers.
Continue the Journey
Congratulations on completing the leveling guide! To continue your Endgame journey check the Hero Rankings to see what other Hunters are playing.
Leveling Build Guides
Written by: milkybk_
Reviewed by: Xtra37