Flame of Pleasure Identity
Gemma has been consumed by her inner Flames, and possesses the power to unleash Armageddon upon her enemies! Flame of Pleasure is well suited for Fire builds, whether they're DoT, Hit, or Minion. She creates zones of Purgatory to Brand enemies, granting her and her minions additional damage against them, and storing a portion of the damage they take to unleash Death by Fire. Flame of Passion is everything players want including damage & explosions!
Flame of Pleasure adds damage and AoE so there isn't a playstyle specific to Flame of Pleasure. Instead, your gameplay depends on the skill or build archetype you use. Purgatory has a huge AoE, and activates automatically after you unlock the level 50 Hero Trait Specialization Burning Depths so clearing normal enemies is a breeze. The more enemies you Brand within Purgatory, the more Death by Fire you Trigger, spreading the Brand's stored damage to clear an area around the slain enemy. Unlike many other Hero Traits, Flame of Passion's Hero Trait Specializations are all offensive. Therefore you need to pay close attention to your defenses on gear and Talents making character building a little more difficult on her.
- Purgatory - If the max number of Brands within a Purgatory is not reached, a random enemy within the area will be inflicted with a Brand. A Purgatory has a range of 8m, lasts for 4s, and has a cooldown of 6s.
- Brand - Deals additional damage to Branded enemies. Records the damage enemies receive, then removes life according to the recorded damage when inflicting Death by Fire.
- Death by Fire - Removes life equal to the damage recorded by Brand from all enemies in an area. The initial radius of Death by Fire is 5m. After Death by Fire is triggered, all damage recorded by Brand is removed.
|The leveling guide is intended to take your character to Level 80.
This is the last level with unlimited free respec points.
Be sure to check the final section of the guide for recommendations on how to transition into the Endgame!
- Massive AoE
- Beginner Friendly
- The Perfect Trait for Fire builds
- Weak Early
- No Defense Traits.
- Life Removal is hard to scale.
Check out the Complete Story Walkthrough for tips on how to complete the Campaign.
Leveling Tips and Tricks
- Your first Active Skill slot (top left in the Skills menu) is your "Main Skill," this matters because many items and Hero Traits have effects that only apply to the Main Skill.
- If you're ever in doubt of where to go, click the campaign quest on the left of your screen and a golden path shows you the way.
- Stay on level with the Zone as much as possible! You receive reduced experience for being too under or over leveled so ensure you kill enough monsters to remain as close to the zone level as possible.
- When allocating Pact Points, prioritize Resistances first, then select Damage nodes until you fill the section. If you have leftover points, put them into Drop nodes as you begin farming the Netherrealm.
- Complete all 10 Levels of the Hero Forge to unlock all of your Hero Trait abilities and gain 6 additional Talent Points.
- All support gems become available from the Skill Shop at level 55. At this stage cross reference with the embeds to make sure you're set up for the Netherrealm.
- In Chapter 4 gear you find comes with varying amounts of Energy, this can make it difficult to determine whether or not an item is an upgrade. In general if you don't get enough Energy to add a Support slot pick upgrades based on their stats. After changing your gear, be sure to go to the Energy Menu under Skills to reassign missing Energy.
Equipment & Stat Priorities
Look for these Offensive stats on weapons:
- Fire/Physical Damage added to Gear
- % Elemental/Physical Damage
- Attack Speed
- Critical Strike Chance
- Critical Strike Damage
Look for these Defensive stats on armor:
- Maximum Life
- Elemental Resistance
- Erosion Resistance
- -% additional Physical Damage Taken
- Flame Slash combined with Medium Talent converts all of your Physical Damage to Fire Damage.
- This causes all of your damage to ignore enemy resistances due to Fueling.
- Use Compound Potion to quickly regenerate Life and mana whenever needed.
- Leap Attack allows you to quickly traverse zones and can be used with all Swords, Axes and Hammers.
- Activate Bloodthirst for a large Attack Speed Bonus.
- Maintain it at all times to increase your damage and increase the speed of your Leap Attack.
- Bull's Rage provides a significant bonus to Melee Damage and Skill Radius at the cost of spending Life.
- Support this skill with Deathwill to bypass the steep Life cost.
WARNING: The following levels are a guideline, you might complete the quest/unlock the Skill a few levels early, or a few levels later!
Purgatory: Engage enemies when you have Purgatory available as it is a massive increase to both clear and single target damage.
Level 1: You will start the game with Hammer of Ash equipped, this can be replaced after defeating the first enemies with Flame Slash. Support it with Steamroll.
Level 4: Purchase and equip; Leap Attack.
Level 5: Purchase and equip; Burst of Anger (10 Energy)
Level 9: Purchase and equip; Bull's Rage. Support Flame Slash with Added Fire Damage.
Level 12: Purchase and equip; Acuteness Imbue
Level 13: Complete the first Hero Trial and allocate; Sinful Entanglement.
Level 20: Purchase and equip; Flame Imbue
Level 23: Support Flame Slash with Raging Slash.
Level 32: Complete the second Hero Trial and allocate; Groaning Echo.
Level 38: Purchase and equip; Weapon Amplification
IMPORTANT: Replace the Elimination Major Talent with Tenacity after allocating Sacrifice.
Level 50: Complete the 3rd Hero Trial and allocate; Burning Depths.
Level 55: At this point you have access to every skill in the game, continue to follow the embed shown as you gain more Energy.
To learn more check out the Skills and Passives Guide.
God of Might
God of Might provides large bonuses to Attack Damage, Attack Speed and Critical Strike Rating. Flame Slash causes 50% of Physical Damage to Fire Damage, Medium Talent converts the remaining 50%. This results in all of your damage benefiting from Fueling.
Onslaughter provides large bonuses to Attack Damage, Critical Strike Rating and additional damage for Weapons. Sacrifice converts the effect of your Tenacity Blessings, granting massive amounts of Attack Damage and Skill Radius.
Warlord provides large bonuses to Fire Damage, Attack Speed and Critical Strike Rating. It also grants "+1 Level to Fire Skills" and the ability to Weaken enemies with Medium Talent.
There are tons of different Talent Trees to explore, if you want to learn more about this robust system check out our Talent Tree Guide.
Traits, Relics and Memories
Level 32: Groaning Echo grants an additional Maximum Purgatory stack, making clear much more comfortable.
Level 62: Flames of Desire transfers your Brands between enemies as they are about to receive the Death by Fire. If the enemy is inside purgatory it immediately deals a large amount of Fire damage.
Level 80: Banquet of Bliss prevents your Death by Fire from spreading to additional enemies naturally, instead, killing a Branded enemy transfers Death by Fire to all enemies within the Purgatory.
Relics and Memories
Look for any combination of the following stats on your Hero Relics and Memories;
|Additional Damage Recording Ratio for Brand
|Attack Critical Strike Rating
|For Every 25% Skill Area, Purgatory applies 1 additional Brand
|Trigger's Scorch Curse on Branded Enemies
|You and your minions deal additional damage to Branded enemies.
|Purgatory Cooldown Recovery Speed
|Cooldown Recovery Speed
To learn more, check out our Hero Relic and Hero Memory Guide.
To learn more, check out our Pacts and Pets Guide.
Racing through your Netherrealm quests as quickly as possible results in you becoming under leveled for the required zones to progress further, stay within 3 levels of the zones you're completing to avoid a harsh experience penalty. Check out our How to Progress the Netherrealm if you're unsure of anything.
Here's a list of things to do while progressing the early stages of the Netherrealm;
- Spend Black Gold at the Trader Edwin's Black Market to look for gear upgrades once reaching the Netherrealm.
- Level 60, The Trade House is unlocked. Be sure to read and understand our Trade House for Beginners Guide before making any big purchases.
- Higher item levels of gear come with higher quantities of Energy. Look to improve your current gear with items that have increased Energy so that you can use more Support Skills.
- Utilize Prototype Crafting and Enchanting to greatly increase the power of non-legendary gear you come across. It costs very low amounts of Flame Dust and Flame Sand to lock 1 good affix in place and reroll up to 4 new modifiers.
Transitioning to Endgame
A Two-Handed Weapon with high DPS is the primary source of all your damage.
- Search Beacons or the Trade House for items with any of the following modifier on Two-Handed Swords or Axes;
- Physical Damage added to Gear
- Gear Physical Damage
- Fire Damage added to Gear
- Gear Attack Speed
- Critical Strike Rating
- Craft using prototype crafting until you have a 400 DPS weapon. This is more than enough to take you into Timemark 7.
- Enchant the item to finish it.
Focus on crafting the remainder of your Armor and Jewelry with the following goals in mind;
- Cap all of your Resistances at the 75% maximum.
- Have a high Life pool. 4000 is a good target.
- Increase your Physical or Fire damage
- Increase your Attack and Cast Speed
- Reach 10 stacks of Tenacity Blessings to enable Varagon Shroud's Attack Speed and Critical Strike bonus.
- The Chain of Resistance is a very common item that provides a large amount of Skill Radius when clearing beacons, as well 50% increased Area Damage against bosses.
- Pale Mist's Embrace causes a percentage of your bonuses to Skill Radius to also be applied to Area Damage.
- Resolution Steps provide Movement Speed, Life and grant an additional Tenacity Blessing.
- Use Varagon Shroud for additional Steep Strike and Multistrike chance per Tenacity Blessing. Once you reach 10 Tenacity Blessings they also provide 10% Additional Attack Speed and Critical Strike Rating.
- Sky Devourer - Strength Armor is a great early purchase as it provides a large amount of Life, Resistances, Skill Radius and Area Damage.
- Don't use a Dexterity or Intelligence version by mistake.
Continue the Journey
Congratulations on completing the Flame of Pleasure leveling guide! To continue your Endgame journey check the Hero Rankings to see what other Hunters are playing.
Leveling Build Guides
Written by: Milkybk_
Reviewed by: Tenkiei, Xtra37