Welcome to the Carino Ranger of Glory Leveling Guide. Divineshot Carino's Ranger of Glory Trait specializes in enhancing projectile Skills via Special Ammo. Be it Attacks, or Spells if you can shoot the Skill forward, up or in a parabolic arc (IE: projectiles) Carino is a great choice. Reload is a bit clunky at first but effects like Ammo Expert and Magic Shot streamline it making him much easier to play.
|The leveling guide is intended to take your character to Level 80.|
This is the last level with unlimited free respec points.
Be sure to check the final section of the guide for recommendations on how to transition into the Endgame!
Scales well with gear ✔
Safe game play from a distance ✔
Basic Character Free to Everyone ✔
❌ Low AoE
❌ Evasion based
❌ Reloading is slow early
Check out the Complete Story Walkthrough for tips on how to complete the Campaign.
Leveling Tips and Tricks
- Your first Active Skill slot (top left in the Skills menu) is your "Main Skill," this matters because many items and Hero Traits have effects that only apply to the Main Skill.
- If you're ever in doubt of where to go, click the campaign quest on the left of your screen and a golden path shows you the way.
- Stay on level with the Zone as much as possible! You receive reduced experience for being too under or over leveled so ensure you kill enough monsters to remain as close to the zone level as possible.
- When allocating Pact Points, prioritize Resistances first, then select Damage nodes until you fill the section. If you have leftover points, put them into Drop nodes as you begin farming the Netherrealm.
- Complete all 10 Levels of the Hero Forge to unlock all of your Hero Trait abilities and gain 6 additional Talent Points.
- All support gems become available from the Skill Shop at level 55. At this stage cross reference with the embeds to make sure you're set up for the Netherrealm.
- In Chapter 4 gear you find comes with varying amounts of Energy, this can make it difficult to determine whether or not an item is an upgrade. In general if you don't get enough Energy to add a Support slot pick upgrades based on their stats. After changing your gear, be sure to go to the Energy Menu under Skills to reassign missing Energy.
Equipment & Stat Priorities
Look for these Offensive stats on weapons:
- %Elemental Damage
- Lightning Damage added to Attacks
- Physical Damage added to Attacks
- Attack Speed
- Critical Strike Chance
- Movement Speed
- Multistrike Chance
Look for these Defensive stats on armor:
- Max Life
- Max Life %
- Elemental Resistances
- Erosion Resistance
- Lightning Shot converts 50% of Physical Damage to Lightning Damage, combining this with your Talent selections allows you to deal exclusively Lightning Damage.
- It scales well with Jump to become a strong clearing skill.
- Blink is your standard mobility skill.
- An alternative if you are using a Bow, is Blink Bow which despite it's difficult play style speeds you through zones much faster.
- Aim is the epitome of stand and deliver, granting a massive amount of Projectile Damage. Be careful though, it significantly reduces your movement speed and expires once you use a Mobility Skill.
- Use Compound Source to quickly regenerate Life and Mana whenever needed.
- Burst of Anger grants a large additional Attack Speed buff that refreshes when you defeat an enemy.
Level 1: Support Ice Shot with Multiple Projectiles.
Level 2: Equip; Blink
Level 4: Equip; Aim
Level 7: Replace Ice Shot with Lightning Shot. Equip; Wind Projectiles
Level 11: Equip; Burst of Anger
Level 12: Purchase and equip; Thunder Imbue.
Level 13: Complete the first Hero Trial and allocate; Ammo Expert.
Place Jump in the Special Ammo Support Slot.
Level 18: Support both of your activation skills with Mania, and Well-Fought Battle after unlocking the support slots.
Level 20: Purchase and equip; Summon Thunder Spirit
Level 23: Replace Jump with Added Lightning Damage in the Special Ammo Support Skill Slot.
Support Lightning Shot with Jump.
Level 32: Complete the second Hero Trial and allocate; heart Blade Shot.
Level 38: Support Aim with Overclock. Equip; Precise Projectiles.
Level 50: Complete the 3rd Hero Trial and allocate; Punishment Barrage. Place Critical Strike Rating Increase in the newly unlocked Special Ammo Support Slot.
Level 55: At this point you have access to every skill in the game, continue to follow the embed shown as you gain more Energy.
To learn more check out the Skills and Passives Guide.
Goddess of Hunting
Start with 20 points in Goddess of Hunting, this tree has bonuses focused on Lightning Damage, Dexterity, and Attack Speed. It also allows you to fully convert you Lightning Shot damage to Lightning with Medium Talent.
This tree is great for Ranger of Glory as it allows you to start scaling Multistrike, get 36 points here to unlock Quick Advancement.
Marksman provides large bonuses to Projectile Skills and Evasion, as well as allowing you to scale your Projectile Damage with Projectile Speed via Gale. It also provides a guaranteed Jump, improving clear speed.
There are tons of different Talent Trees to explore, if you want to learn more about this robust system check out our Talent Tree Guide.
Traits, Relics and Memories
Level 32: Blade Shot grants additional Projectile Damage as well as granting a stacking movement speed bonus each time you consume Special Ammo.
Level 62: Landslide grants additional benefits to Magic Shot and Additional Projectile Damage.
Level 80: Well Prepared unlocks the final Special Ammo Support Skill, use Critical Strike Damage Increase. It also grants +3 Levels to each Special Ammo support skill which is a moderate damage increase.
Relics and Memories
Look for any combination of the following stats on your Hero Relics and Memories;
|Hero Relic||Hero Memories|
|Projectile Quantity||Critical Strike Rating|
|Projectile Damage||Attack and Cast Speed|
|+ Levels to Special Ammo Support Skill Level||% Movement Speed|
|Additional Projectile Skill Damage when using Special Ammo||Projectile Quantity|
To learn more, check out our Hero Relic and Hero Memory Guide.
To learn more, check out our Pacts and Pets Guide.
Racing through your Netherrealm quests as quickly as possible results in you becoming under leveled for the required zones to progress further, stay within 3 levels of the zones you're completing to avoid a harsh experience penalty. Check out our How to Progress the Netherrealm if you're unsure of anything.
Here's a list of things to do while progressing the early stages of the Netherrealm;
- Level 60, The Trade House is unlocked. Be sure to read and understand our Trade House for Beginners Guide before making any big purchases.
- Higher item levels of gear come with higher quantities of Energy. Look to improve your current gear with items that have increased Energy so that you can use more Support Skills.
- Utilize Prototype Crafting and Enchanting to greatly increase the power of non-legendary gear you come across. It costs very low amounts of Flame Dust and Flame Sand to lock 1 good affix in place and reroll up to 4 new modifiers.
Transitioning to Endgame
The following mechanics are the best method to scale this builds damage and clear;
- Dexterity stacking via the modifier "Adds 1-5 Lightning Damage per 8 Dexterity"
- +1 Level of Lightning Skills can be found on Divinity Slates.
- Additional Projectiles
- Fervor grants a large amount Critical Strike Chance and can be obtained cheaply with Ralph's Engraving.
- If you're looking for a more endgame option; Opening Heart.
- Be warned: Opening Heart causes you to take increased damage.
To start transition to Dexterity stacking;
- Look for a bow with "Adds 1-5 Lightning Damage per 8 Dexterity" and craft it using Prototype crafting to include multiple of the following modifiers (in order of importance);
- Gear Attack Speed
- Gear Critical Strike Rating
- Lightning Damage added to Attacks
- Projectile Damage
- Lightning Damage
- Physical Damage added to Attacks
- Note: Pistols are the superior option but require you to craft 2 items instead of 1.
- At this stage begin crafting your gear with Dexterity suffixes while looking for a Pedigree of Gods with the Falling Leaves Talent. This is a massive damage increase.
Focus on crafting the remainder of your Armor and Jewelry with the following goals in mind;
- Cap all of your Resistances at the 75% maximum.
- Have a healthy Life pool.
- Increase your Physical or Lightning damage
- Increase your Attack and Cast Speed
- Sun-shooter Long Bow provides Jumps, it is a special drop from The Dwarf King in Chapter 1: The Heart of the Kingdom.
- Alternatively, Shadow of Thunderlight's Touch is a great bow for Lightning damage builds. It is a special drop from Ordrak in Chapter 3: Rusted Abyss.
- Marksman Bracers provide additional Jumps allowing you to replace the support skill. It is a special drop from King's Messenger - Tritter in Chapter 3: Ichi Settlement.
- Wear Opening Heart for easier access to Fervor.
- Gravel is a great early game pistol, providing Jumps and great damage.
Continue the Journey
Congratulations on completing the leveling guide! To continue your Endgame journey check the Hero Rankings to see what other Hunters are playing.
Leveling Build Guides
Written by: Milkybk_
Reviewed by: Tenkiei, Xtra37