Welcome to the Moto Order Calling Leveling Guide. If you like Minion builds, then Commander Moto is your dwarf! Order Calling specializes in enhancing your Summon Machine Guard, Summon Spider Tank, and Spirit Magus Skills via Overload. This makes for a more active playstyle than many Minion builds in other ARPGs.
|The leveling guide is intended to take your character to Level 80.|
This is the last level with unlimited free respec points.
Be sure to check the final section of the guide for recommendations on how to transition into the Endgame!
Phone Friendly ✔
Army of Minions ✔
Great League Starter ✔
Very Safe & Simple Playstyle ✔
❌ Repetitive Playstyle
❌ Minions May Cause Lag
❌ Limited Gear Selection Early On
❌ Slow Movement Without Leap Attack
Check out the Complete Story Walkthrough for tips on how to complete the Campaign.
Leveling Tips and Tricks
- Your first Active Skill slot (top left in the Skills menu) is your "Main Skill," this matters because many items and Hero Traits have effects that only apply to the Main Skill.
- If you're ever in doubt of where to go, click the campaign quest on the left of your screen and a golden path shows you the way.
- Stay on level with the Zone as much as possible! You receive reduced experience for being too under or over leveled so ensure you kill enough monsters to remain as close to the zone level as possible.
- When allocating Pact Points, prioritize Resistances first, then select Damage nodes until you fill the section. If you have leftover points, put them into Drop nodes as you begin farming the Netherrealm.
- Complete all 10 Levels of the Hero Forge to unlock all of your Hero Trait abilities and gain 6 additional Talent Points.
- All support gems become available from the Skill Shop at level 55. At this stage cross reference with the embeds to make sure you're set up for the Netherrealm.
- In Chapter 4 gear you find comes with varying amounts of Energy, this can make it difficult to determine whether or not an item is an upgrade. In general if you don't get enough Energy to add a Support slot pick upgrades based on their stats. After changing your gear, be sure to go to the Energy Menu under Skills to reassign missing Energy.
Equipment & Stat Priorities
Look for these Offensive stats:
- Minion Skill Level
- Minion Damage
- Minion Attack Speed
- Chance for Minions to Deal Double Damage
- Minion Max Life
Look for these Defensive stats:
- Max Life
- Life %
- Elemental Resistances
- Erosion Resistances
- Regenerates Life per second
- -x% Additional Physical Damage taken
- Use Summon Machine Guard and Summon Spider Tank to deal damage. Using 2 different minion Skills allows you to summon 6 minions total by summoning 3 Machine Guards and 3 Spider Tanks.
- With Leap Attack you move faster through the zones. Support it with Quick Mobility for even faster movement.
- Use Dark Gate to teleport your Minions to you and to buff yourself. The Command buff gives additional Minion damage for a short duration.
- Machine Army increases your Minion's attack speed for a short duration with increased effect depending on amount of Minions you have summoned.
- Use Compound Potion to heal yourself.
Level 1: Start the game with Summon Machine Guard and Support it with Servant Damage.
Level 3: Purchase and equip; Leap Attack. Look for high attack speed weapons to move faster.
Level 5: Purchase and equip Dark Gate.
Level 7: Replace Dark Gate with Summon Spider Tank. Support both Summon Spider Tank and Summon Machine Guard with Maniacal Army.
Level 9: Support Summon Spider Tank with Multiple Projectiles and Leap Attack with Quick Mobility.
Level 11: Purchase and equip; Machine Army.
Level 12: Purchase and equip; Swiftness
Level 13: Complete the first Hero Trial and allocate; Unite as One.
Level 18: Support Summon Machine Guard with Precision Strike and Compound Potion with Emergency restoration.
Level 20: Replace Maniacal Army with Steamroll and Slow Projectile. Replace Swiftness with Summon Thunder Spirit.
Level 21: Purchase and equip; Summon Frost Spirit.
Level 32: Support Summon Spider Tank with Multistrike and Machine Army with Cooldown Reduction. Complete the second Hero Trial and allocate; Charge Forward.
Level 38: Purchase and equip; Weapon Amplification.
Level 50: Complete the 3rd Hero Trial and allocate; Veteran.
Level 55: At this point you have access to every skill in the game, continue to follow the embed shown as you gain more Energy.
To learn more check out the Skills and Passives Guide.
God of Machines
This is your core Talent Tree where you put your first 20 points before moving onto Machinist, then returning here to allocate additional points later.
Allocate 36 points in Machinist. Boss helps reach number of 6 Minions, and Burning Aggression provides additional Command when fighting Bosses.
Finally, allocate 36 points in Warlock. Once you have Indifference you should have guaranteed 100% uptime on Overload.
There are tons of different Talent Trees to explore, if you want to learn more about this robust system check out our Talent Tree Guide.
Traits, Relics and Memories
Level 32: Unlock All In to make Overload more powerful at the start of its duration. Your Overload has a low cooldown and should be refreshed as often as possible.
Level 62: Choose Last Stand to prevent Minions from dying while they have Overload. This also gives your Minions a +50% additional damage bonus as they are always missing 99.99% of their maximum Life due to Recklessness.
Level 80: Select Rest & Ready to ensure you have 100% uptime on your Overload and provide Minions with 35% additional Attack and Cast Speed.
Relics and Memories
Look for any combination of the following stats on your Hero Relics and Memories;
|Hero Relic||Hero Memories|
|% Minion Damage||% Overload Effect|
|% Overload Effect for every Minion that you have||% Cooldown Recovery Speed|
|% Overload Effect||% Minion Critical Strike Rating|
|% Cooldown Recovery Speed||% Minion Critical Strike Damage|
To learn more, check out our Hero Relic and Hero Memory Guide.
To learn more, check out our Pacts and Pets Guide.
Racing through your Netherrealm quests as quickly as possible results in you becoming under leveled for the required zones to progress further, stay within 3 levels of the zones you're completing to avoid a harsh experience penalty. Check out our How to Progress the Netherrealm if you're unsure of anything.
Here's a list of things to do while progressing the early stages of the Netherrealm;
- Level 60, The Trade House is unlocked. Be sure to read and understand our Trade House for Beginners Guide before making any big purchases.
- Higher item levels of gear come with higher quantities of Energy. Look to improve your current gear with items that have increased Energy so that you can use more Support Skills.
- Utilize Prototype Crafting and Enchanting to greatly increase the power of non-legendary gear you come across. It costs very low amounts of Flame Dust and Flame Sand to lock 1 good affix in place and reroll up to 4 new modifiers.
Transitioning to Endgame
Use 2 swords with high attack speed like Hero's Longsword or Blizzard Sword and enchant them with % gear Attack Speed. At this stage of your build's progression you shouldn't need any damage modifiers on your weapons and equipping any weapon with %Minion Damage but without high attack speed reduces your mobility greatly
If at any point you start struggling with damage Search Beacons or the Trade House for items with any of the following modifier on Pistols
- If at any point you start struggling with damage search Beacons or the Trade House for Two-Handed Hammers with any of the following modifiers:
- Minion/Active Skill Level
- Minion Damage
- Minion Attack Speed
- Minion Critical Strike Damage
- Minion Critical Strike Chance
- Chance for Minions to Deal Double Damage
- Craft the items using prototype crafting until you have the Minion or Active Skill Level modifier as well as 3 of the other modifiers listed.
- Enchant the item with a 5th modifier.
Focus on crafting the remainder of your Armor and Jewelry with the following goals in mind;
- Cap all of your Resistances at the 75% maximum.
- Have a healthy Life pool.
- Increase your Minions Damage
- Interlocking Soul - Remember that anytime you use a Summon skill you lose 5% Life.
- To counter this invest into Life Regeneration on gear, use Rejuvenation and Magical Source.
- Warning: Using Interlocking Soul reduces the attack speed of Leap Attack so equip it only if you are desperate for more damage.
- With enough regeneration you can dual wield Interlocking Souls.
- Winter of Origin - Make sure to get one that provides more stacks of Focus Blessing or the same as Additional Cooldown Recovery Speed requires to work.
- Mind Infusion and Decayed Mind - Grants +1 Max Synthetic Troop Minion Quantity allowing you to remove Maniacal Army from your Main Skill link and swap Machinist talent tree to Alchemist for -50% Sealed Mana for Spirit Magi Skills thanks to Source.
Continue the Journey
Congratulations on completing the Moto Order Calling leveling guide! To continue your Endgame journey check the Hero Rankings to see what other Hunters are playing.
Leveling Build Guides
Written by: Zen_M
Reviewed by: Tenkiei