Welcome to the Erika Wind Stalker Leveling Guide. Erika is a highly mobile Hero who utilizes movement to deal damage through Multistrikes. She excels at using Attack Skills and feels great to play due to the high Movement Speed. She may feel a little inconsistent at times, because you need to move to build Stalker stacks to maximize your damage, then spend them with Multistrike.
|The leveling guide is intended to take your character to Level 80.
This is the last level with unlimited free respec points.
Be sure to check the final section of the guide for recommendations on how to transition into the Endgame!
- Very fun Playstyle
- Budget Friendly
- Safe & Easy Beginner Playstyle
- Low AoE
- Evasion is a weaker defense
- Have to manage multiple buffs
Check out the Complete Story Walkthrough for tips on how to complete the Campaign.
Leveling Tips and Tricks
- Your first active skill slot (top left in the Skills menu) is your "Main Skill," this matters because many items and Hero Traits have effects that only apply to the Main Skill.
- If you're ever in doubt of where to go, click the campaign quest on the left of your screen and a golden path shows you the way.
- Stay on level with the Zone as much as possible! You receive reduced experience for being too under or over leveled so ensure you kill enough monsters to remain as close to the zone level as possible.
- When allocating Pact Points, prioritize Resistances first, then select Damage nodes until you fill the section. If you have leftover points, put them into Drop nodes as you begin farming the Netherrealm.
- Complete all 10 Levels of the Hero Forge to unlock all of your Hero Trait abilities and gain 6 additional Talent Points.
- All support gems become available from the Skill Shop at level 55. At this stage cross reference with the embeds to make sure you're set up for the Netherrealm.
- In Chapter 4 gear you find comes with varying amounts of Energy, this can make it difficult to determine whether or not an item is an upgrade. In general if you don't get enough Energy to add a Support slot pick upgrades based on their stats. After changing your gear, be sure to go to the Energy Menu under Skills to reassign missing Energy.
Equipment & Stat Priorities
Look for these Offensive stats on weapons:
- %Elemental Damage
- Lightning Damage added to Attacks
- Physical Damage added to Attacks
- Attack Speed
- Multistrike Chance
- Critical Strike Chance
- Movement Speed
Look for these Defensive stats on armor:
- Max Life
- Max Life %
- Elemental Resistances
- Erosion Resistance
- Thunder Slash is a Lightning Damage Steep Strike Skill that converts 50% of your Physical Damage to Lightning Damage.
- Berserking Blade can be equipped at level 36 once you unlock the Medium Talent in the Bladerunner tree to give you 100% Physical to Lightning conversion.
- Bull's Rage sacrifices a portion of you Life to gain a massive Melee Damage and Area of Effect bonus. Self-Sacrifice mitigates the penalty by turning it into a damage over time effect which is much more manageable.
- Compound Source is our main way to quickly regenerate Life and mana whenever needed.
- Burst of Anger grants a large additional additional Attack Speed buff that refreshes when you defeat an enemy.
WARNING: The following levels are a guideline, you might complete the quest/unlock the Skill a few levels early, or a few levels later!
Level 1: Support Thunder Slash with Multistrike.
Level 4: Equip; Leap Attack. Note you can use Spiral Strike if you are using swords, it is slightly faster!
Level 5: Equip; Thunderlight Bond
Level 7: Equip; Raging Slash
Level 11: Equip; Burst of Anger
Level 12: Purchase and equip; Thunder Imbue.
Level 13: Complete the first Hero Trial and allocate; Hot Pursuit.
Level 18: Support Thunder Slash with Added Lightning Damage.
Level 20: Purchase and equip; Summon Thunder Spirit
Level 26: Equip; Magical Source (10 Energy)
Level 32: Complete the second Hero Trial and allocate; Interest.
Level 38: Replace Summon Thunder Spirit with Fearless
Level 50: Complete the 3rd Hero Trial and allocate; Cat's Punches.
Level 55: At this point you have access to every skill in the game, continue to follow the embed shown as you gain more energy.
To learn more check out the Skills and Passives Guide.
Goddess of Hunting
Begin with 20 points in Goddess of Hunting, this tree has bonuses focused on Lightning Damage, Dexterity, and Attack Speed.
This tree is insane for Erika as it has many bonuses to Multistrike, get 36 points here to unlock Quick Advancement.
Ronin gives you more flexibility with your mana costs along with providing Fervor, a powerful buff to your Critical Strike Rating. Falling Leaves is also a huge damage boost as once you convert to Dexterity stacking, your damage is not reliant on the flat damage inherent to the weapon.
There are tons of different Talent Trees to explore, if you want to learn more about this robust system check out our Talent Tree Guide.
Traits, Relics and Memories
Level 32: Interest grants additional Movement Speed for every stack of Stalker you have. It also provides increased duration to Cat's Agility.
Level 62: Cat Walk prevents interruptions to your Multistrike Count while you have Cat's Agility. It also reworks Stalker to no longer expire after a Multistrike ends.
Level 80: Cat's Vision grants up to +3 maximum stacks of Stalker.
Relics and Memories
Look for any combination of the following stats on your Hero Relics and Memories;
|Additional Attack Speed while performing Multistrikes
|Multistrikes deal Increasing Damage
|Multistrikes deal Increasing Damage
|Chance to Multistrike
|% Movement Speed
To learn more, check out our Hero Relic and Hero Memory Guide.
To learn more, check out our Pacts and Pets Guide.
Racing through your Netherrealm quests as quickly as possible results in you becoming under leveled for the required zones to progress further, stay within 3 levels of the zones you're completing to avoid a harsh experience penalty. Check out our How to Progress the Netherrealm if you're unsure of anything.
Here's a list of things to do while progressing the early stages of the Netherrealm;
- Level 60, The Trade House is unlocked. Be sure to read and understand our Trade House for Beginners Guide before making any big purchases.
- Higher item levels of gear come with higher quantities of Energy. Look to improve your current gear with items that have increased energy so that you can use more Support Skills.
- Utilize Prototype Crafting and Enchanting to greatly increase the power of non-legendary gear you come across. It costs very low amounts of Flame Dust and Flame Sand to lock 1 good affix in place and reroll up to 4 new modifiers.
Transitioning to Endgame
The "Lightning Damage per x Dexterity" mod is mandatory to transition, acquire it by;
- Search Beacons or the Trade House for items with any of the following modifier on One Handed Swords.
- Lightning Damage added per Dexterity
- Critical Strike Damage
- Gear Critical Strike Rating
- Lightning Damage added to Gear
- Increased Physical/Elemental Damage
- Multistrike Chance
- Craft the items using prototype crafting until you have the Dexterity stacking mod as well as 2 of the other modifiers listed.
- Enchant the item with a 5th modifier.
Focus on crafting the remainder of your Armor and Jewelry with the following goals in mind;
- Cap all of your Resistances at the 75% maximum.
- Reach a high amount of Dexterity. Aim for about 600 to get started.
- Have a healthy Life total of roughly 3500.
- Increase your Physical or Lightning damage
- Increase your Attack Speed
- Ralph's Engraving is a cheap method of generating Fervor, this drops from the Watcher in the Glacial Abyss.
- Opening Heart gives easier access to Fervor.
- Everlasting Cloud grants up to 60% increased Dexterity. This is a drop from Keegan making it quite rare.
- False God's Skin can roll a variety of powerful attribute modifiers, though finding one with dexterity boosting modifier may be difficult.
Continue the Journey
Congratulations on completing the Erika Wind Stalker leveling guide! To continue your Endgame journey check the Hero Rankings to see what other Hunters are playing.
Leveling Build Guides
Written by: Milkybk_
Reviewed by: Xtra37