Challenge Rifts are weekly activities that refresh on Monday at 1 pm Pacific Standard Time for NA and Tuesday at 4 am Central European Time for EU. They place the player into a pre-set dungeon with pre-determined skills and items that cannot be changed. You can move skills around to accommodate keybindings but other than that you're at the mercy of the Challenge. The first thing you might wonder is, "Who is deciding these Challenge Rifts?!" These are based off actual Greater Rift Clears that players have done, the Greater Rift as well as the character are mirrored exactly, you feel the pain they must have felt! The difficulty of a Challenge rift will vary widely from across regions and from week to week, if you run into trouble and need assistance check out the guides below that will be updated weekly for North America and Europe!
Challenge Rift 222 - North America
- This week you have the Monkey King's Garb. This gives you a huge Toughness and damage boost as long as you keep Sweeping Wind up at all times.
- Tempest Rush will be your primary damage dealer but you need to save it for when you're ready to kill monsters. If you try to cast it as you're running around Spirit depletes almost instantly.
- Once you engage enemies cast Sweeping Wind, Epiphany and Mystic Ally, then use Tempest Rush to plow them over. Walk to the next pack and repeat the process.
- If you're out of Spirit throw in some Fists of Thunder. Keep in mind you can use this to teleport to monsters with Epiphany active. This is very helpful since you move as slow as snail in this one.
- Check out our Sunwuko Tempest Rush guide to see how this can really perform.
NA Video Guide
Challenge Rift 222 - Europe
- This week you have the Patterns of Justice set as well as Vengeful Wind in hand. This combination is all that is needed to destroy this one with ease.
- Things couldn't be easier. Start off by casting Sweeping Wind then use Tempest Rush to run through the entire Challenge Rift.
- Keep Sweeping Wind up at all times and other wise feel free to use your other skills when ever you get bored.
- Everything will die instantly and you should be untouchable!
- The 1st floor has a Speed Pylon and a Conduit Pylon
- The 2nd floor has a Channeling Pylon
- Try out our PoJ Tempest Rush Monk guide to decimate monsters even more!
EU Video Guide
In order to participate in the Challenge Rift the player must have reached level 70 as well as have completed a Greater Rift, once this has been accomplished the Challenge Rift area can be accessed through the Game Settings Menu. The Challenge Rift comes with it's own clear speed based Leaderboard that you'll compete on server wide until the following week when the next one begins. These are regional with one on North America, Europe as well as the Asia server. They can be done Solo, 2-Player, 3-Player or 4-Player, all with their own Leaderboard and with everyone playing the same exact character regardless of group size. Every week the Class will change completing a full rotation of them all before repeating.
Challenge Rift Cache
Aside from having a weekly Leaderboard to compete on a Challenge Rift also comes with a weekly reward in the form of a Challenge Rift Cache, this is rewarded at the end of the Challenge Rift if you complete it in the required time limit. This Cache has quite the assortment of materials and a decent amount of them, so doing this weekly throughout the Season is well worth the time it takes to complete. This Cache is also pivotal for a Season start as it can provide your level 1 character with a tremendous starting advantage. NEVER complete a Challenge Rift the week a Season is about to begin, if you wait until the season starts you can open the Cache on your brand new seasonal Character! Below are the materials you'll receive when opening up your Cache:
- Gold 5,100,000
- Blood Shard (475)
- Death's Breath (35)
- Veiled Crystal (125)
- Arcane Dust (350)
- Reusable Parts (370)
- Westmarch Holy Water (15)
- Corrupted Angel Flesh (15)
- Arreat War Tapestry (15)
- Caldeum Nightshade (15)
- Khanduran Rune (15)
What About Next Week?
Come back next week and we'll have the guides for North America and Europe updated shortly after the Challenge Rift going live!
Guide and Updates by Facefoot and Raxxanterax