Venom Gyre Deadeye Endgame Gear Progression, Important Milestones, Budget Items, Jewels & Crafting.
The equipment shown is core to the build. Great care must be placed to make sure all defensive/offensive thresholds are met in order for the build to operate at it's best. If you wish to learn about how to craft your own gear like this please refer to our crafting guides to understand the way items like these are created with current means.
Item: Loath Skewer
As we use an Elemental Attack/Critical Strike build, the weapon is the most important slot. It is going to provide us with most of our flat damage and Critical Strike Chance necessary to deal with the most challenging content in the game. A great Claw will have high Elemental Damage and Critical Strike Chance rolls on a favorable base such as the Imperial Claw or Gemini Claw.
Claw Crafing Guide
- Purchase an Imperial Claw with one of the following fractured modifiers:
- Adds (15–21) to (296–344) Lightning Damage
- Adds (81–111) to (163–189) Cold Damage
- Adds (89–121) to (180–210) Fire Damage
- Use a Deafening Essence of Anger, Deafening Essence of Wrath or Deafening Essence of Hatred until you have an open prefix.
- If your suffixes are full use an Orb of Annulment until you have no suffixes on your claw.
- Craft Can Have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers, Prefixes cannot be changed and a random prefix.
- Use or purchase an Aisling lvl 4 from Betrayal.
- Replace crafted modifiers with % Damage per Frenzy/Endurance/Power Charge before unveiling.
- Unveil in hopes of getting % increased Attack Speed or % increased Critical Strike Chance.
- Craft Can Have Multiple Crafted Modifiers and % increased Attack Speed or % increased Critical Strike Chance depending on which unveil you got and Hits Can't be Evaded.
Item: Brimstone Mark
The shield slot serves to fill all of the remaining Spell Suppression that we may be missing. It is advisable to buy a tier two Fractured Chance to Suppress Spell Damage roll here otherwise refer to Path of Building or the Character Defense tab to make sure that you have enough of these stats to cap out at 100%. The Cardinal Round Shield base provides the largest amount of flat Armour and Evasion, so try prioritising it if possible.
Shield Crafing Guide
- Purchase a Cardinal Round Shield with fractured +22% chance to Suppress Spell Damage.
- Use Deafening Essence of Envy until you hit t1 Regenerate # life per second with an open suffix.
- Craft Prefixes Cannot be Changed or buy and use a Wild Bristle Matron beast in your menagerie, depending on which is cheaper.
- Use a Veiled Chaos Orb
- Block +# to Maximum Mana before unveiling
- Unveil Adds # to # Cold Damage/Adds # to # Lightning Damage/Adds # to # Fire Damage
- Craft +70 to Maximum Life
- If you have open prefixes use an Exalted Orb in hopes of getting a useful affix.
Item: Oblivion Veil
The Helmet is the easiest place to gain the most amount of % increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills. Thanks to the Helmet we meet the reservation requirements to fit our Auras. The Deafening Essence of Loathing grants (9–10)% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills as a suffix. Therefore, it is important to start from an enchanted & non-influenced or fractured base and work first on perfecting your suffixes before finishing your prefixes.
The Labyrinth enchant you need for this build is: Berserk has 30% increased Buff Effect for more burst damage and speed or Venom Gyre has a 25% chance to keep caught Projectiles fired by using Whirling Blades to have better projectile sustain.
Item: Apocalypse Veil
Body Armours grant the highest amount of Spell Suppression out of any other item slot. It is advisable to get a Fractured tier two roll here so that less stress is put on other gear slots to reach Spell Suppression Cap. Luckily, we can get Spell Suppression on our Boots as well. However, make sure that you are keeping track of how much you need so that you do not fall short on reaching 100%.
Body Armour Crafting Guide
- Purchase a Triumphant Lamellar with fractured 19% chance to Suppress Spell Damage.
- Use Deafening Essence of Envy until you hit t1 + to Dexterity/Strength.
- Apply Searing Exarch dominance with a Grand Eldritch Ember
- Clean the Prefixes with Eldritch Orb of Annulment.
- Craft % increased Armour and Evasion with the crafting bench and use an Eldritch Exalted Orb in hopes of hitting t3+ +# to maximum Life
- If you did not hit the life modifier, remove the crafted modifier and use an Eldritch Orb of Annulment to remove the modifier.
- Repeat steps 5-6 until you hit the desired modifier.
- Eldritch craft the following implicits:
- 20% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills
- Anger/Wrath has 27% increased Aura Effect
- Craft 8% increased maximum Life, 8% increased maximum Mana with the crafting bench.
- Use an Exalted Orb in hopes of getting a useful modifier.
Item: Kaom's Spirit
These Kaom's Spirit gloves alters the way your build is itemised. They convert the Life Regeneration stat into Rage Generation, allowing you to achieve a high uptime of the Berserk buff. Make sure to buy a pair with the following corruption implicit so that your level 4 Enlighten Support is granted an additional level in order to fit all of your auras: +1 to Level of Socketed Gems
Item: Foe Pace
Thanks to Eldritch implicits and the Deafening Essence of Loathing we can craft up to 60% chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments on our Boots. This enables us to be fully ailment immune with the 20% granted on the passive skill tree, and a craft for 25% on Body Armour. It is advisable to buy a fractured tier one Increased Life Regeneration Rate roll and use Deafening Essence of Loathing in combination with Eldritch Exalted Orbs to roll for any tier of spell suppression. Make sure that you are keeping track of how much you need so that you do not fall short on reaching 100%.
Item: Crystallised Omniscience
Changes the way characters are itemised. Instead of Elemental Resistances or other Suffixes, we now favour Attributes. You must anoint Sovereignty to fit all your auras.
Item: Eagle Knot & Miracle Eye
Rings are a great source of Attributes Or Resistances. These are stats interchangeable with the belt. The Expedition vendor, Rog, can reliably make triple Attribute suffix rings. So it shouldn't be too expensive to craft or buy a good triple Attribute suffix base. Once you have a triple Attribute suffix Amethyst Ring or Two-Stone Ring base, you can craft: "Suffixes Cannot be Changed" on the crafting bench or by using a Wild Bristle Matron beast and proceed to using a Veiled Chaos Orb to gain a veiled prefix. Before unveiling, block Mana with the Crafting Bench and look for Life as your unveil. To finish the ring, you can craft Non-Channeling Skills Have -7 to Total Mana Cost and finally augment with a Redeemer's Exalted Orb with hopes of getting a good prefix.
Item: Foe Bond
The belt is a great source of Attributes or Resistances. Note that the belt must have a t1 +to Life Regeneration modifier. These are stats interchangeable with the ring. The best base to craft on is a Stygian Vise as this build scales really well with stats granted by Searching Eye Jewel & Murderous Eye Jewels. Alternatively you could also buy a belt with any of the following implicits as they grant a lot of omniscience:
- 13–15% increased Dexterity
- 13–15% increased Intelligence
- 13–15% increased Strength
Flasks provide a massive amount of defense and damage. Roll, use and enchant all your flasks following these combinations:
- Diamond Flask
- Granite Flask
- Silver Flask
- Dying Sun
Enchant your flasks with Instilling Orbs:
- Used when Charges Reach Full
Ensure your flasks have 1 of these prefixes:
- +(32–35) to Maximum Charges
- (31–35)% chance to gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike
- Gain 3 Charges when you are Hit by an Enemy
- (36–40)% increased Duration
Have 1 of each of these suffixes:
- % increased Movement Speed during Flask effect
- % increased Armour during Flask effect
- % increased Critical Strike Chance during Flask Effect
Item: Watcher's Eye
The Watcher's Eye can grant a boost to both your defences and offences. Since this build utilizes a defensive offensive Aura there is a wide range of mods we can look for on it. It is recommended to look for at least 1 damage stat and 1 defensive/utility stat listed below:
- % additional Physical Damage Reduction while affected by Determination
- +# to Armour while affected by Determination
- % increased Life Recovery Rate while affected by Vitality
- % increased Critical Strike Chance while affected by Wrath
- % to Critical Strike Multiplier while affected by Anger
Thread of hope
The Thread of Hope affecting passives in Massive Ring will allow you to allocate the following passives whilst not being connected to your tree:
- Weapon Artistry
- Aspect of the Lynx
- Forces of Nature
- Sleight of Hand
- Will of Blades
- Blood Siphon
- Reservation Efficiency
- Hired Killer
- Path of the Hunter
Make sure to try and get one with a good roll of -% to all Elemental Resistances as it will put less stress on other pieces of gear to cap your Elemental Resistances.
The Large Cluster Jewel and Medium Cluster Jewel grants utility and damage as well as an extra jewel socket to place your Medium Cluster Jewel and rare jewels Flesh. The best cluster jewel type for the build grants Claw Attacks deal 12% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments.
One of your Vivid Desire must have these exact notables on an 8 passive base:
Choose any of the following suffixes (you will not be allocating it).
Your second Foe Glisten must have these exact notables on an 8 passive base:
Choose any of the following suffixes (you will not be allocating it).
You will need two Pandemonium Vessel granting 15% increased Critical Strike Chance with the following notables:
You will need One Plague Stone granting 10% increased Projectile Damage with the following notables:
The Brutal Restraint is slotted at the Ranger jewel socket next to the Frenzy Charge. Near this socket is a good concentration of passives the build already paths to for its damage and utility. This makes it the favorable location for it to be slotted. The jewel grants additional powerful bonuses to passives allocated within the radius of it's ring. You can use this web tool to create a search for a timeless jewel with your desirable stats by selecting notables you have allocated. The bonuses we are looking for on these passives are any combination of the following:
- 5% increased Dexterity
- +20 to Dexterity
- 8% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills
- 25% chance to gain Alchemist's Genius when you use a Flask
- 4% increased maximum Life
- 20% increased Projectile Damage
- 5% increased Attack and Cast Speed
- 25% increased Critical Strike Chance
- 20% increased Elemental Damage
- 10% chance to Intimidate Enemies for 4 seconds on hit.
- 5% chance to gain an Endurance Charge on kill.
Rare jewels are a great way to gain additional damage as well as some life and any other resistances you might need to cap. You can use the search function in Path of Building to seek out the best jewels for the build after you've imported your character. Both Viridian Jewel, Searching Eye Jewel & Murderous Eye Jewels are great for the build as they can provide a variety of very useful stats for this build:
- % increased Damage with Claws
- % increased Attack Speed with Claws
- % increased maximum Life
- % increased Damage
- % increased Projectile Damage
- to Strength/Dexterity/Intelligence.
- % increased Projectile Speed
- % increased Attack Speed
- % to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
- % increased Resistances
Searching Eye Jewel & Murderous Eye Jewel
- + to maximum Life
- Adds # Fire/Cold/Lightning Damage to Attacks
- Adds # Fire/Cold/Lightning Damage to Claw Attacks
- % to Critical Strike Multiplier if you've Killed Recently
- Damage Penetrates 2% Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently
- % increased Attack Speed if you've dealt a Critical Strike Recently
- % increased Attack Speed
- Regenerate % of Life per second while moving
- Regenerate # Life per second
- % chance to gain Phasing for 4 seconds on Kill
- % to Resistances