The Chaos Dungeon build heavily focuses on large Area of Effect (AoE) skills with low Cooldowns to clear the content as fast as possible. This content isn't difficult and can easily be completed by spamming skills.
Chaos Dungeon Skill Build
- Awakening Skill choices is up to preference as they both have good AoE coverage.
- Night's Edge Souleaters can replace Spectral Coffin, Gluttony and Soul Drain with Lunatic Edge, Lethal Spinning and Thrashing.
- Most of these skills function the same as front AoE pack clearing skills, so there is some inconvenience of needing to gather mobs around if you want to AoE packs down efficiently. which lucky enough you have skills that help you move through packs for easier trimming down the packs while gathering them across the map with Vestige and Astaros.
- Vestige multi-hits can destroy the Rift Cores(the Red Pillars in Stage 3) at the 3rd Stage portal without needing to basic attack or waste a AoE skill to destroy it.
- Soul Drain generates high amount of Soul Stone shards, make sure to not miss it.
- Death Slash is your only 360 AoE pack bursting skill.
- Guillotine Swing has chance for cooldown reset with Soul Harvest, so keep an eye on it.
Chaos Dungeon and Cube content are fairly easy to complete. A simplified rotation is used:
- Convert your Legion Raid set to Nightmare Set or Salvation Set via Gearset Conversion for higher initial damage burst.
- Use Awakening Skills to activate Nightmare Set effect, The End is pretty strong for 1st and 2nd stage as it clears in a giant 360 AoE.
- Gather mobs in front of you to clear them with your skills, Vestige and Astaros can help clearing while moving around the map to gather mobs at the same time.
- Death Slash can get its cooldown reduced significantly if it gets to hit a big pack of mobs gathered at a spot because of Soul Whip.
- Keep an eye on Guillotine Swing, because you may cast this skill multiple times due to skill reset from enemies killed with Soul Harvest.
- use Awakening Skills to burst down the Bosses spawn in Stage 2, if your Deathlord Skills are on cooldown.
- You don't have to be conservative with Awakening skill usage since the 40-100% Cooldown refresh from killing Elites/Bosses and 40% Cooldown Reduction buff from Rift Cores work on them as well.
Check out the Chaos Dungeon Guide for more information.
- Stick with whichever stats setup you are regarding to the class engraving builds.(Night's Edge with Crit/Swiftness and Full Moon Harvester with Specialization/Crit)
- If you are not running Preemptive Strike and you are on Full Moon Harvester setup, you can change your tripod setups to Soul Reversal for most of your skills for quicker time to get into Deathlord Mode for Deathlord Skills cooldown resets.
- Set gearset preset to change to Nightmare Set or Salvation Set or stick with Hallucination Set if you do not have high crit rate and did not setup for Preemptive Strike.
- Setup Preemptive Strike if you want to further min-maxing but it is not necessary, you can use your raid setup and you'll clear just 5-15 seconds slower depends on mobs or zones.
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings. Check the Rune Guide for more details.
- Wealth is only used here for Full Moon Harvester Souleater build to get their Possession Gauge fast for Skills Cooldown reset from Deathlord Mode. Otherwise, you can put any other runes in there, up to your preference.
- Galewind to speed up skill animation so you can kite packs around quicker.
- Full Moon Harvester build is more convenient with the cooldown reset from Deathlord Mode, but you can play Night's Edge or Classless as well.
- Wealth is mostly use for Full Moon Harvester build just so you can activate Deathlord Mode for cooldown reset and shorter cooldown on Deathlord Skills.
- Most of Souleater skills are forward AoE, you need to do walk around to gather packs before bursting them down.
- Cast Deathlord Skills or Awakening to 1 shot the Elites/Bosses.
- Setup Preemptive Strike if you want some tiny 5-15 seconds min-maxing.(The Video above is using Full Moon Harvester raid setup, the standard clear speed for most classes are 2minutes 10-30seconds with or without Preemptive Strike)
Written by Rei